PDA

View Full Version : ** Ignition Start - Flashing Indicators **

soulchild_19
22-05-2008, 12:15 PM
I've just recently brought a 95 Accord VTi.
Absolutely love the car =)
I've read up in the HONDA owner's manual about this, but I couldn't seem to find the answer I was looking for.
When I put the key in the ignition, sometimes both indicator lights on the cluster flash (green) for about 5-10 seconds. I'm not sure why this happens. Sometimes it does this and other times it doesn't.
I just called HONDA and they told me that my car possibly has an aftermarket immobiliser or alarm system fitted. It came with 2 keys (standard type) and the black remote central locking one attached, however it does not say HONDA on it. Could anyone please tell me why the indicator lights flash, anything else I need to know?

Riviera
22-05-2008, 04:51 PM
soundz like an immobiliser...

next time it does it try pressing the unlock key again see if it stops...

OMG.JAI xD
22-05-2008, 06:35 PM
^^^ 2nd that.

Riviera
22-05-2008, 06:41 PM
maybe shoulda asked the previous owner? what they have done to the car?

or ask the dealer
what modifications have been done to the car and such sall good

soulchild_19
26-05-2008, 06:12 PM
thanks guys =]
i'll ask the previous owner, see what he has to say.
just wanted to see what anyone else thought first.
funny tho, cuz the last 5 times it hasn't happened.

Spoon-Accord
28-05-2008, 05:14 AM
has the car got aftermarket alarm system?

if it does, the flashing indicators are for when u open the door, cars will see that you parked there to avoid an accident, its like a warning for other drivers.

open ur door and see if it flashes and close it to stop it :)

FAT VTI
05-06-2008, 05:12 PM
yeah alarm for sure.

With mine, i had the same problem, it is the immobiliser. I changed my siren to a far louder one, now it beaps at the same time, what u do is when u turn ur car on, if it beeps turn ur key back to accessories and click unlock again (if u have a remote), then turn ur key and start ur car, should be gone.

You could be missing the remote.... however mine beeps when i open my door without using my remote (only key).

open ur car using only ur key, and watch ur side indicators to see if they flash, if so your missing ur remote or theres a problem with ur alarm.

94dc2tegz
05-06-2008, 05:16 PM
they probably deactivated the siren and forgot to unplug the rest of the unit.

i'm suprised ur actually able to drive it though with an immobilizer installed?

mooks145
15-10-2008, 11:38 AM
hi guys i got the same problem now....

when i open the door with the key and jump in the car both indicator lights beings to flash and my car will not start.

i have a 96 accord Vti and its most likely a aftermarket alarm.

i have the remote but it doesnt deactivate the alarm anymore.

what happened previously but was i changed my car battery.

soulchild_19
19-10-2008, 09:41 PM
hi guys i got the same problem now....

when i open the door with the key and jump in the car both indicator lights beings to flash and my car will not start.

i have a 96 accord Vti and its most likely a aftermarket alarm.

i have the remote but it doesnt deactivate the alarm anymore.

what happened previously but was i changed my car battery.

i soon fixed that problem by not using the keyless entry to unlock the car, but instead using the key. now, i never have this problem anymore and my car starts great every time =) i'd say that the wiring was faulty and therefore caused a problem when trying to unlock the car. if you say this happens when you unlock the car with the key, i suggest you disconnect the immobilizer or have the wiring checked? good luck with it =) let us know how it all goes.

mooks145
20-10-2008, 09:07 PM
fixed guys =D

water in remote
remote die

remote now fixed =D