PDA

View Full Version : Jazz 07 Panel filter replacement

VT1-R
22-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi ppl..

My gf have a honda jazz 07 VTI which is auto.. I drive it alot as we go sch etc.. So i was looking to do the most basic and easiest of DIYs in the automotive industry which is to change the panel filter.

I have researched and found considerable evidence that a panel filter gives maybe slightly better response which i dun really care coz i dun use it to race. I jus wan slight better breathing for the jazz as I feel the low rpms are really restricted.. I heard there is spoon,K&N and other different drop in filter avaliable

So where can i get them? traders dun sell it.. Also, isit advisable coz if its like no difference then, i will channel the funds to a fake exhaust tip..lol.. So let mi noe where to get it and approx price and also if it is more worthy a mod than the fake exhaust tip..lol..

Thanks!!

kongfu
22-05-2008, 09:08 PM
dont waste your money

VT1-R
22-05-2008, 11:58 PM
lol.. i noe its not a bang for buck for sure.. But jus wanna get a mod for my daily.. haha.. Any1 else?

hoey888
23-05-2008, 01:28 AM
stock intake is perfectly fine. had a diy short ram, on my car, wasn't that great.... seemed to run out of puff high up but mid range was ok. personally prefer the stock oem intake. if you want get a decent catback exhaust... money much better spent there

kelvinthai
23-05-2008, 10:07 PM
i am not too sure about the filter. I change mine to a SRI, top fuel one. I like the sound and the low-mid range response. The down point is that during hot days it really suffer alot.. But that is like only one or two hottest day in melb. Or than that the sound and response is excellent. And you get that "swissh" sound when you off the engine :p

noodleman27
23-05-2008, 11:30 PM
if you dont want your car to feel restricted...chance the tiny header and exhaust on the jazz....changing the filter you wont feel any difference

kelvinthai
24-05-2008, 10:06 PM
lol i put on the header and exhaust.. feel some powerloss at lower rev... but at mid-high.. its WHOOOOoooosssss~~~
The OEM header is not that tiny, just that it has 4 to 1 while the mugen one split the 4 tube to one into 4 within itself with separator inside. So in theory the o2 cannot be place on the mugen header as it will only than detect only one cylinder.

Its cost abit tho.. So just change to a SRI or CAI for low - mid rev respond....

bennjamin
24-05-2008, 10:13 PM
the intake arm + box for the jazz is TINY. nothing you can do will actually make the jazz any power without restricting the opposite end...remove the stock resonator on the intake arm for abit more "noise" when you floor it.

kongfu
24-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Jazz is Jazz...If you after high power NA car go for DC2R or DC5R.

VT1-R
24-05-2008, 10:35 PM
lol.. i am not after high power obviously.. haha just wanna do smthing to my daily jazz tats all.. But such panel filter are avaliable rite?.. Better fuel economy? or should i jus get a open pod and connect to stock intake arm? void warantty?

kongfu
24-05-2008, 10:42 PM
lol.. i am not after high power obviously.. haha just wanna do smthing to my daily jazz tats all.. But such panel filter are avaliable rite?.. Better fuel economy? or should i jus get a open pod and connect to stock intake arm? void warantty?

Get Spoon or Mugen filter then...Its waste of money in the end:wave:

bennjamin
24-05-2008, 10:44 PM
i got a better idea. Save the money and keep the jazz as a daily driver. Put the money towards fuel or rego or insurance.

kongfu
24-05-2008, 10:46 PM
i got a better idea. Save the money and keep the jazz as a daily driver. Put the money towards fuel or rego or insurance.

Awesome idea Ben!:thumbsup:

VT1-R
24-05-2008, 11:53 PM

haha.. yeah.. probably will do tat then.. if any1 else have any comments feel free to recommend some brands or ur experience on a jazz.. preferably those who been there done tat.. not those who never been there and nv done tat..lol...

kongfu
24-05-2008, 11:57 PM
haha.. yeah.. probably will do tat then.. if any1 else have any comments feel free to recommend some brands or ur experience on a jazz.. preferably those who been there done tat.. not those who never been there and nv done tat..lol...

Just leave it as it is...unless you got money to burn?

whats your budget at the moment?

$200? get mugen or spoon air filter...or $495 for INJEN intake from JDMYARD.

Get exhaust if you have more fund or even you could buy HKS turbo kit.

It really depend on $$$$.

VT1-R
25-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Probably get an open pod or panel filter for jazz that is under $200.. jus burn some extra cash frm sale of stuff.. haha..

I need $$ for my ek4 project too so not exactly a jazz person..trying to do smthing to jazz becoz i felt that it served me well.. Anyway, I am gonna either do B18CR convo.. or put some toda cams into my b16a and ECU.. have got all bolts on, clutch,flywheel and jdm stuff everywhere..lol..

kongfu
25-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Probably get an open pod or panel filter for jazz that is under $200.. jus burn some extra cash frm sale of stuff.. haha..

I need $$ for my ek4 project too so not exactly a jazz person..trying to do smthing to jazz becoz i felt that it served me well.. Anyway, I am gonna either do B18CR convo.. or put some toda cams into my b16a and ECU.. have got all bolts on, clutch,flywheel and jdm stuff everywhere..lol..

If I were you..I would invest more $$ on Jazz as EK is too old for me.

preludacris
25-05-2008, 02:48 AM
Everybody is saying its a waste of money. I think in the long run , its a saving. I plan to get a k&n panel filter for mums jazz. as they pretty much last forever, I can just clean it instead of replacing it ever 20,000k's. If i get 1 hp i'll be happy .. lol.

k&n should be around 100 or so im guessing. anybody know where to purchase?

kongfu
25-05-2008, 03:52 AM
Everybody is saying its a waste of money. I think in the long run , its a saving. I plan to get a k&n panel filter for mums jazz. as they pretty much last forever, I can just clean it instead of replacing it ever 20,000k's. If i get 1 hp i'll be happy .. lol.

Im suprised that you are saying k&N filter will last forever:eek:

kelvinthai
25-05-2008, 01:09 PM
lol get spoon one :p Every filter can be clean. just buy the k&n cleaner

VT1-R
25-05-2008, 01:48 PM
If I were you..I would invest more $$ on Jazz as EK is too old for me.

If an Ek is too old.. What about an EG, EF or CRX 2nd gen etc.. lol.. EK with b18CR+bolt ons will match ur DC5R anywhere anytime... and look at the ek/em1thread to change ur opinion.. Ek has the sexiest front end..

VT1-R
25-05-2008, 01:49 PM

yeah i be happy with 1 hp and slightly more suction sound..lol.. i also interested in getting one.. I found a brand called "hurricane" similar to K&N for $80..

bennjamin
25-05-2008, 02:00 PM
what you and others fail to accept is 1hp , on a jazz cannot be felt...any aftermarket intake on a jazz will no do anything except make more noise.
To some , noise = a better feeling and its slightly true. You do "feel" like you are going faster. Spend on whatever one you want it will do the same thing :)

VT1-R
25-05-2008, 03:22 PM
yo ben.. cool down mate.. after all spending on N/A cars are all expensive and little gains, let allow a jazz... its true i wan noise more than response..haha.. its a daily and i got real cars at home.. my ek4.. uncle's STI and Aurion ZR6... Jazz is a fun car!!!! so jus wanna do smthing to it.. Probably i jus buy some cheap jazz panel filter for the noise then.. haha.. Thanks for comment..

kongfu
25-05-2008, 04:31 PM
If an Ek is too old.. What about an EG, EF or CRX 2nd gen etc.. lol.. EK with b18CR+bolt ons will match ur DC5R anywhere anytime... and look at the ek/em1thread to change ur opinion.. Ek has the sexiest front end..

Each to their own bro..I know you love your EK to death. I was just expressing my own opinion about EK. It a bit old for myself. I prefer Jazz over EK in terms of modifying. So take it easy! My EVO will kill you easily no matter on street and track:wave:

bennjamin
25-05-2008, 04:33 PM
come on guys n girls lets keep this on topic :)

Any other real life experience with JAZZ filters ?

I , for one have taken the resonator off my gf's jazz. And fixed a bottle lid in its place - it gives the intake a nice growl under hard acceleration

kongfu
25-05-2008, 04:36 PM

Any other real life experience with JAZZ filters ?

I , for one have taken the resonator off my gf's jazz. And fixed a bottle lid in its place - it gives the intake a nice growl under hard acceleration

Ben I agree with you as by changing filter will not do anything about Jazz performance.

Full exhaust is the way to go!:thumbsup: Most bang for buck would be X-force full exhaust.

preludacris
25-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Im suprised that you are saying k&N filter will last forever:eek:

well i said, "pretty much forever" i didnt think anybody reading the thread would think i literally meant forever. But it will definately last the life of the car before you sell it. Mine has lasted over 40,000kms and its fine.

So what is your point konfu? or is that another one of ur many pointless posts cluttering this thread.

I think its pretty clear the thread starter doesnt want a race car....

kongfu
25-05-2008, 05:45 PM
well i said, "pretty much forever" i didnt think anybody reading the thread would think i literally meant forever. But it will definately last the life of the car before you sell it. Mine has lasted over 40,000kms and its fine.

So what is your point konfu? or is that another one of ur many pointless posts cluttering this thread.

I think its pretty clear the thread starter doesnt want a race car....

What I wanna express is changing the filter is pretty much useless.

VT1-R
25-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Each to their own bro..I know you love your EK to death. I was just expressing my own opinion about EK. It a bit old for myself. I prefer Jazz over EK in terms of modifying. So take it easy! My EVO will kill you easily no matter on street and track:wave:

Erm... Try racing ur evo against an Ek K20/24.. tell that to yonas @ jdm yard and if u kill his EG K20 on the street(tat is if he bothers) or on the track(needless to say evo is dead)... I dun mean to start the car vs car thingy.. but Ek with K20 and bolt ons are literally 12s+ cars N/A... Evo can be fast no doubt.. But if ur evo is jus mild modded, you are still not in the position to make such comments.. Anyway u have contributed much to thread in (+) & (-) ways.. thanks too...

Back to topic.. ben.. nice example.. Maybe i jus get a nice set of wheel nuts instead of the panel filter.. haha.. thanks every1.. and if any1 has any more DIY ideas to jazz intake side.. post more!! haha..

kongfu
25-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Erm... Try racing ur evo against an Ek K20/24.. tell that to yonas @ jdm yard and if u kill his EG K20 on the street(tat is if he bothers) or on the track(needless to say evo is dead)... I dun mean to start the car vs car thingy.. but Ek with K20 and bolt ons are literally 12s+ cars N/A... Evo can be fast no doubt.. But if ur evo is jus mild modded, you are still not in the position to make such comments.. Anyway u have contributed much to thread in (+) & (-) ways.. thanks too...

Back to topic.. ben.. nice example.. Maybe i jus get a nice set of wheel nuts instead of the panel filter.. haha.. thanks every1.. and if any1 has any more DIY ideas to jazz intake side.. post more!! haha..

Im talking to you becoz you think your EK is the best and most sexiest car in the world.:cool:

VT1-R
25-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Im talking to you becoz you think your EK is the best and most sexiest car in the world.:cool:

Seriously, I am mature enough to realize that Ek is not the best nor the sexiest.. I am talking to you just now also becoz you sound like your evo is the fastest car in the world.. lol.. anyway all tok k.. dun take it to heart man... let this end here..

kongfu
25-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Seriously, I am mature enough to realize that Ek is not the best nor the sexiest.. I am talking to you just now also becoz you sound like your evo is the fastest car in the world.. lol.. anyway all tok k.. dun take it to heart man... let this end here..

Not interested to argue with you at all mate. Take it easy. Enjoy your EK4..

do whatever you wanna do for your Jazz as long as you are happy about 1hp gain.

preludacris
10-10-2008, 03:10 PM
there isn't too much info i've found on this site, so i decided to add to this thread, even if it is a bit old.

And 2ndly, i dunno why there is so much negativity when anybody mentions a performance mod for a jazz. :S :S

anyway

I installed the KN panel filter into jazz today.

verdict:

after installing it, and resetting the ecu. it feels a lot better.

smoother to drive, less hesitant ( i replaced a stock oem filter with 25,000 kms on it so was pretty dirty, but according to manual it wouldnt be replaced until 40,000!! can't imagine how dirty it will be then! )

slight slight air sucking noise, like u hear with a pod filter, but a lot less. the engine is a lil bit louder on throttle aswell. seems to pull better slightly (alot more surface area on KN filter than stock one, plus replacing a dirty filter with a clean filter woulda helpped too. so a lot more airflow.)

purchased for $85 from autobarn. Happy with purchase, recommended. will clean it with my KN filter recharge kit every 10,000kms aswell for cheapp. so in long run, this is a worth while mod!!

hoey888
15-10-2008, 03:59 PM

i'm interested in this... got a pic? other than a growl, does it do anything performance wise?

Alpine
15-10-2008, 04:35 PM
I installed the KN panel filter into jazz today.

verdict:

after installing it, and resetting the ecu. it feels a lot better.

Can you post back after several tanks of fuel and see if you noticed any improvement in consumption.

VT1-R
15-10-2008, 11:39 PM
why did you reset the ecu? and how? did it at a dealer?

preludacris
16-10-2008, 02:11 AM
i'll get back to you about the fuel consumption, but so far it seems to have either stayed the same, or improved slightly.

i resetted the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 10 mins. This is fine for manual jazz's.

on CVT, you mite need to recalibrate the cvt i think, so probably easier just to let the ECU relearn the new settings itself after a few drives.

preludacris
27-10-2008, 02:56 PM
i thought i would report back , about the fuel consumption.

the fuel consumption has improved. At around 6.6 in a vti manual with stock steelies, it has lowered a lil bit, usually around 6.8 or so.

now getting slightly more mileage per tank now also, being over 500, where as b4 it was in the mid/high 400's

bc143
30-10-2008, 11:31 PM
not bad nice try mate btw what fuel u r using? ron 98 ,95 or normal unlead. as these also affecting the result.

Kit
13-03-2009, 01:48 PM
i thought i would report back , about the fuel consumption.

the fuel consumption has improved. At around 6.6 in a vti manual with stock steelies, it has lowered a lil bit, usually around 6.8 or so.

now getting slightly more mileage per tank now also, being over 500, where as b4 it was in the mid/high 400's

Hey man, can you tell me what year model Jazz you have?

As per my other post, I'm having trouble finding a K&N panel filter for an 06 VTi-S CVT..

bc143
13-03-2009, 04:50 PM
as for jazz there is at least 2 could be 3 type of air filter for it so it's better to take yours to reconfirm. there is long rectangular one, square one, trapezium one. open up your air box (it's easy with 4 clips) n have a look.
yes it's very confessing esp 06 they have jap made and thai made they use different air-filter

gmonkey
13-03-2009, 07:47 PM
here ya go mate.. not cheap but about the same as a honda dealer one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-AIR-FILTER-2005-HONDA-JAZZ-1-5L-L4_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q 7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a 1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem2 30330067055QQitemZ230330067055QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5f TruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

gmonkey
13-03-2009, 07:47 PM
or one of these if your filter is this shape, but it should be the first one.. most are

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HKS-Super-Hybrid-Air-Filter-07-08-Honda-Fit-GD-Jazz-JDM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2 Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3 a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem 290272384739QQitemZ290272384739QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5 fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-AIR-FILTER-2007-HONDA-JAZZ-1-4L-L4-OEM-17220PWAJ10_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q 7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0 Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQh ashZitem230330053297QQitemZ230330053297QQptZMotors Q5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

there is one more type but no where to find on ebay... supercheap/auto one or repco will order for you..

preludacris
16-03-2009, 02:59 AM
those above filter is not for 06 jazz.

as per my other thread, this what i used for 06 jazz

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2872

gmonkey
17-03-2009, 12:14 AM
I see the one your on about yeh thats one wierd arse shape... had no luck looking on ebay for that one sorry, will keep looking around for ya

Kit
17-03-2009, 11:56 AM
I got the trapezium shaped filter, the same as preludecris.. ordered it and it came in a day. $90..
feels mostly the same, throttle response *may* have slightly increased. But the stock paper filter was so dirty so that could have accounted for it..

The K&N filter has more area/flow than the stock paper one as the trapezium bit of the stock filter is a plastic panel, where as the K&N is filter material for the entire filter.