PDA

View Full Version : EK Muffler

MikeyG
22-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Hey guys,

Ive searched for a thread like im creating now but couldnt find so ima make one.

Ive got a Ek CXI and i was wondering what setup would be the best for a muffler what i want is a 2.25 or 2.5 inch catback with extracters or something that has the complete package! yes i knw i wont get speed or power i dont want that i jsut want a package that will sound really nice not overboard and realli loud just nice semi-loud sound!

Please can sum1 help me out

thank you

MikeyG

Sydsyd
22-05-2008, 11:36 PM
since u're not after speed/power, just change ur muffler...much cheaper than a full exhaust system

Zdster
22-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Hey guys,

Ive searched for a thread like im creating now but couldnt find so ima make one.

Ive got a Ek CXI and i was wondering what setup would be the best for a muffler what i want is a 2.25 or 2.5 inch catback with extracters or something that has the complete package! yes i knw i wont get speed or power i dont want that i jsut want a package that will sound really nice not overboard and realli loud just nice semi-loud sound!

Please can sum1 help me out

thank you

MikeyG

If you are going purely for sound, dont worry about a full exhaust. Just go to a muffler shop and get them to change out the stock muffler for something aftermarket. Then you dont need to worry about piping size and it will be a heck of a lot cheaper.

MikeyG
23-05-2008, 01:41 AM
in the end i would like some form of power aswell thats why i asked what would be the excellent package to go for??

any ideas ppl

DC4Integra98
23-05-2008, 02:25 AM
2.25" max mandrel bent if possible.

any more and you will be losing power unless you plan to go the forced induction route (require min of 2.5"). But generally as was said, the stock system + muffler is sufficient if you want just sound and possibly 1kW if the current muffler is highly restrictive.

When choosing muffler:
A cannon style straight through muffler would be the best for performance however would be highly audible and you probably would not enjoy the in-car drone from daily driving.
Otherwise another option is twin loop muffler which is basically a straight through design without the loud idle/noise/note. However this set up is more restrictive hence less power gains.

Head towards the I(intake)/H(headers)/E(Exhaust) route for the best buck per kW gain.
Personally one of the first performance mods I did and would do again for another car, was a SRI/CAI.

MikeyG
23-05-2008, 02:50 AM
would u be able to tell ur parts please thnx

Sydsyd
23-05-2008, 09:38 AM
imo u're just wasting money if u want to make more power from the current stock engine (except if u just want to do CAI/SRI for intake and a nice louder muffler for exhaust)...unless u go to do an engine conversion to a B/H/K series, where doing a full exhaust change will definitely worth the money...

Aleksi
23-05-2008, 09:49 AM
If you want at a good system including headers etc., then you're looking at around the 1500 mark give or take. I guess Xforce would be the way to go for what you want. Just bare in mind that you won't see much of an increase in power on a d16y4 engine by doing the full system, and there's no guarantee on the sound being good. You probably have as good of a chance by just putting on a new muffler.

Although, you could always consider saving another 3g on top of that 1500 and get a b16 conversion.

Gio
23-05-2008, 02:43 PM
RAM intake + ek4 muffler

Sounds good

|nick|
23-05-2008, 02:44 PM
i have headers, cat, catback and an xforce twin loop muffler.. i previously counldn't keep up with my friends integra gsi but now i can :p

and for a daily its still great on fuel :D

i'm also quite happy with the amount ive spent, mostly sourcing 2nd hand parts

Xforce 4-2-1 Headers: $150
Magnaflow hi flow cat 2.5" (91006):$120 (160 delivered from ebay)
Catback 2"= $110
Xforce s12 twin loop: $190 delivered
Total cost: $570

hi flow cat was the last mod i did to the system. I highly recommend it !

if you're looking to mod the d16, don't expect huge gains.. but so far i'm happy with the gains i've received so far :thumbsup:

MikeyG
23-05-2008, 08:47 PM
ahk |nick| wif no exhuast before and now u got a system do u think ur car has increase some form of power?? if it has does it sound realli loud?? if not can you please pm me where you bought ur products please thank you

and thank you guys for helping me out :D

|nick|
24-05-2008, 12:43 AM
yea there's definitely an increase in performance. my car wouldn't be as loud as a normal civic with a canon.

pm sent anyway