PDA

View Full Version : Fog light bulbs....Possibly an easier solution for replacement.Same Color as low beam

Miz_II_Die_IV
23-05-2008, 03:00 AM
Hi guys,
Was browsing thru ebay and came across theses... dunno if these are the right fit but if it is might be the easier solution to getting our foggies to be the same colors as our low beams...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ultra-Blue-H11-LED-Fog-Light-Bulbs-Mazda-RX-8-Acura-TSX_W0QQitemZ380028225319QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item3 80028225319&

can someone check if this is the right size bulb. Im pretty sure it was. I noticed there was a thread on a conversion thing. Tho this is plug n play.

My only concerns are that:
1. If they are the correct size?
2. If they are bright enough... (tho i dont use my fogs really, so if they just make the car look beta i might get it)
3. will it take up alot of power. Since running my other LEDs in the car i have come across the problem that my car batt dies if i dun leave the car running and turn the key on for too long. So yeah.

Can anyone verify any of my concerns...

Miz_II_Die_IV
23-05-2008, 03:04 AM
also like to add... with this product would H9 bulbs still be brighter...

xiang
23-05-2008, 04:26 AM
nice find..
yes euro foglights are H11.

my take from details on their page is that it's more for looks than practicality. I mean, you wouldnt drive around with your high beams on unless they were really dim.

http://www.ijdmtoy.com/webpage/products/LED_bulbs.htm

" Suitable applications:

* Fog Light Lamps
* Driving Lamps
* Turn High Beam into City Light "

i think you'll find you wont have any power issues unless you leave your foggies on with the engine off for an extended period of time, which you just generally dont do anyway.

viper8548
23-05-2008, 05:57 AM
also like to add... with this product would H9 bulbs still be brighter...

LED foglights produce nearly no lumens at all, absolutely useless for functionality, only good for looks.

The product on ebay is also too blue, if you want to match your low beens you should be looking at bulbs with colour temp of around 4200K

Crapdaz
23-05-2008, 07:25 AM
LED foglights produce nearly no lumens at all, absolutely useless for functionality, only good for looks.

The product on ebay is also too blue, if you want to match your low beens you should be looking at bulbs with colour temp of around 4200K

generally wave lengths of LEDS design dont go too far, hence why when you get LED bulbs they consist of multiple LEDs for a stronger output but wavelength would still be the same depending on colour also (research colour spectrum and find the colour that has the furthest wavelength).

TRaNz
23-05-2008, 08:54 AM
you should be looking at bulbs with colour temp of around 4200K

Yeah around there is the sweet spot :p, i decided to change my foggies again from the MTEC 4750k down to 4350k, its pretty darn close to the stock HIDs that come with the lux.
But, i probably shoulda gone with the H9 and did that conversion for more lumens output. Coz with H11's.....its just lols.

D R U
23-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Ive got LED fog lights, totally useless, but i wanted to match my HIDs.

I got them from www.superbrightleds.com (http://www.superbrightleds.com)

I think they were 9.95 USD each.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd282/druhuynh/Lights003.jpg

Crapdaz
23-05-2008, 11:43 AM
if your not going to be doing much long distance driving or in areas that build up much fog then foglights are pretty useless.

Min988
23-05-2008, 09:17 PM
I Foglights are useful when driving in low lit streets and finding a house number because they have a wider spread than the HID low beam. I find the HID beam too straight and narrow.

Crapdaz
23-05-2008, 09:22 PM
I Foglights are useful when driving in low lit streets and finding a house number because they have a wider spread than the HID low beam. I find the HID beam too straight and narrow.

nice nice, thats very true.

viper8548
23-05-2008, 10:05 PM

LOL I thought the HID was crazily wide for low beam when I first got the car, defininately ALOT wider than a normal halogen lights. Fogs are bit wider than the HID :)

BusterSonic12
23-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Miz_II_Die_IV !!!

Get the H11 Mtec 4,750K bulbs. they will match your HID perfect, trust me. i tried many brands before.

TRaNz
23-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Miz_II_Die_IV !!!

Get the H11 Mtec 4,750K bulbs. they will match your HID perfect, trust me. i tried many brands before.

LOL, serz? i had them first, to me it seemd like it had a bit more baby blue in it than the HIDs, so i went down to 4350k. It seems more closer to HIDs now.

Miz_II_Die_IV
23-05-2008, 11:27 PM
thanhs leon but where can i purshase them...

BusterSonic12
24-05-2008, 12:11 AM
thanhs leon but where can i purshase them...

from our trader 'Liquidsound'. Trust me, it will be good :thumbsup: it will be bulb u most happy with. Thanks me at the euro cruise next =)

BusterSonic12
24-05-2008, 12:12 AM
LOL, serz? i had them first, to me it seemd like it had a bit more baby blue in it than the HIDs, so i went down to 4350k. It seems more closer to HIDs now.

4350 seems bit stock yellowish like. i find the mtec 4750k was the best match

TRaNz
24-05-2008, 12:16 AM
4350 seems bit stock yellowish like. i find the mtec 4750k was the best match

LOL, realli....mkay then. coz i thought stock HID ratings were like 4100-4300k. Well, anyways i think we can agree on that MTEC is win. LOL

Miz_II_Die_IV
24-05-2008, 12:28 AM
how much are they???

Miz_II_Die_IV
24-05-2008, 12:41 AM
also wat bulb for hi beam... are these easy to replace?? did u guys have to shave something... i read something about ahving to shave extra off on the MTEC... true??? im a chick.. OMG dont know how to do these things... anyone willing to give me a hand???

BusterSonic12
24-05-2008, 12:43 AM
LOL, realli....mkay then. coz i thought stock HID ratings were like 4100-4300k. Well, anyways i think we can agree on that MTEC is win. LOL

4300k that's right. but some reason those match the best.

also wat bulb for hi beam... are these easy to replace?? did u guys have to shave something... i read something about ahving to shave extra off on the MTEC... true??? im a chick.. OMG dont know how to do these things... anyone willing to give me a hand???

wtf. it's easy. look up the manual you got on how to replace the bulb. it's like 10min job.

viper8548
24-05-2008, 02:25 AM

I'm using MTEC 4750K H9 and they are more blue than the stock HID, but I don't mind, its alot better than the stock fogs :D

tony1234
24-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Bring globes to the cruise and i'll do them for you,it's 5 min.job easy.:angel:

BusterSonic12
24-05-2008, 08:58 AM

who will bring the socket set?

no time no see tony!! will catch up with u at the cruise!!

viper8548
24-05-2008, 10:01 AM

lol i really want to see how you can do it in 5mins, the gap was so tight look me like 2hrs trying not to let globe touch anything as I put it in. I had to modify the fitting on the globe as one edge was larger to fit it which took several attempts to get in locked in the socket as well.

Min988
24-05-2008, 10:15 AM
lol i really want to see how you can do it in 5mins, the gap was so tight look me like 2hrs trying not to let globe touch anything as I put it in. I had to modify the fitting on the globe as one edge was larger to fit it which took several attempts to get in locked in the socket as well.

A long phillps head screwdriver to take the whole fog light fitting out is the fastest method i've used but thats on a 2004 model. I rekon I could do it in 3 minutes flat. :D

Miz_II_Die_IV
24-05-2008, 03:05 PM
hey but dont i need to cut something off to make it fit... ok.. so what do i need to buy and what do i need to bring.. hmm tolls i dont really have btw... so hmm...

tony1234
24-05-2008, 05:28 PM
The side near the battery could be a bit of a problem.Not literally 5 mins.but not that hard.

Miz_II_Die_IV
25-05-2008, 10:50 PM
which light are you guys talking about.. i wanna do the fog light n the hi beams.. i guessing ur talknig about the hi beam n not the fog light right?

king9
26-05-2008, 12:02 AM
I recently did the H9 conversion for the fogs... there is a bit of metal that needs to be cut away in order to fit, it was very hard finding something to cut it with... i ended up having to snap off that metal with a good set of needle nose pliers

viper8548
26-05-2008, 02:26 AM
I recently did the H9 conversion for the fogs... there is a bit of metal that needs to be cut away in order to fit, it was very hard finding something to cut it with... i ended up having to snap off that metal with a good set of needle nose pliers

Yup, the metal was too hard for me to cut without damaging any equipment, in the end I just bent the part and it fitted without problem.