PDA

View Full Version : quick emanage tips and tricks

MikeLary
23-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi Guys,

I dont know who still uses emanage here, i do so i thought id share a few things that might not be commonly known here, I dont know if this is "how to" worthy or not.

1) Emanage blue can be used to tune load based as appose to TPS:

To do this one must connect the TPS wire from the emanage to the MAP (in) wire on the emanage. Remember to calibrate it from 0-5v first (can be done with a 5v battery easily).

2) Emanage blue can be used to log a/f ratios from a wideband sensor, you just need to connect the analog reading from the o2 to the yellow MAF #2 wire in the top row of the main connector. and use the alpha tools located on google.

3) Emanage blue can be upgraded from any previous version to emanage gold easily. Software can be found online.

If this is too brief let me know, I didnt post any links as my posts got killed by mods when i post links to files.

Weq
23-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Thanks for sharieng man. The emanage blue is a pretty nice piggyback which can do alot of cool stuff. Works great for a stock motor setup. And can be had for next to nothing. Ive installed them in many cars.

MY tips

1) The ignition harness for our cars is can be easily mocked up. Its only two wires. The plug is the same plug found RX7 series 5-7 headunit plug.

2) optinally, u can by the iginition harness and use the leftover wires to wire up the injection harness, tps and other inputs into the main harness.

3) always upgrade the emanage to the latest version before you start tuning. the old versions are very tempremental.

4) U can wire up a GM 3bar map sensor very easily, as opposed to getting the greddy pressure sensor. this can then me used to tune the car over 11psi (stock map sensor cutout point).

5) Dont go over 440cc injectors in any d-b-h-series. If you want to, u need an emananage ultimate. THe tip-correction cannot be adjusted and it will make idling and throttle response hell.

6) Always double check the jumper setting sinside the unit. On alot of GReddy turbokits, they are without the vtec jumper engaged, and vtec will not activate.

Fo55il
24-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Thanks for sharieng man. The emanage blue is a pretty nice piggyback which can do alot of cool stuff. Works great for a stock motor setup. And can be had for next to nothing. Ive installed them in many cars.

MY tips

1) The ignition harness for our cars is can be easily mocked up. Its only two wires. The plug is the same plug found RX7 series 5-7 headunit plug.
2) optinally, u can by the iginition harness and use the leftover wires to wire up the injection harness, tps and other inputs into the main harness.

3) always upgrade the emanage to the latest version before you start tuning. the old versions are very tempremental.

4) U can wire up a GM 3bar map sensor very easily, as opposed to getting the greddy pressure sensor. this can then me used to tune the car over 11psi (stock map sensor cutout point).

5) Dont go over 440cc injectors in any d-b-h-series. If you want to, u need an emananage ultimate. THe tip-correction cannot be adjusted and it will make idling and throttle response hell.

6) Always double check the jumper setting sinside the unit. On alot of GReddy turbokits, they are without the vtec jumper engaged, and vtec will not activate.

In the bold;

so the rx7 harness will fit the emanage ignition connector / connector 2?

MikeLary
24-05-2008, 10:02 AM
all harnesses fit in the emanage side of it, all we need is a harness with two wires (to save money) but any e-amange ignition harness will fit into the emanage connector

Fo55il
24-05-2008, 10:15 AM
i went to get a tune, didnt have d harness, guy goes get the harness and theyll finish the tune,
so all i have to source is this rx7 harness yeah ? cheapert than gettin a greddy one? yeah

Lukezen27
24-05-2008, 10:55 AM
The e-manage blue works great and it underrated IMO

I'm running the H-3 harness from GReddy, straight PnP and everything is enabled that I need :thumbsup:

Firmware version 1.49 (newest)

You can also raise the rev limit on the blue by confusing the unit when setting fuel cut by setting conflicting limits :p

I've lost the dam link after Firefox f**ked up and I lost 6 months of saved sites and tech info.............

I'll be look'n of that info once a upgrade cam & value train lol

Fo55il
24-05-2008, 11:06 AM
u recommend dat harness instead? or is d same one?

Lukezen27
24-05-2008, 12:09 PM
u recommend dat harness instead? or is d same one?

If Mikes having to hack his harness then yes get the H-3

The ignition harness is built into the H-3

No hacking needed just PnP :thumbsup:

Plus is about a meter long and allows you to put the unit anyway you want in the caben

Fo55il
24-05-2008, 12:42 PM
can u link me on this cable, im tryin search but im not too sure on what i should be looking for, and price if u could please.

This thread is helpfull az

Lukezen27
24-05-2008, 01:01 PM
can u link me on this cable, im tryin search but im not too sure on what i should be looking for, and price if u could please.

This thread is helpfull az

http://www.greddy.com/img/PHP/products/pdf/1246.pdf

page 13 on the PDF and Rotor setting :thumbsup:

Not sure where you can buy them as I got mine as a complete fluke lol

Search
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__GREDDY-harness_W0QQ_nkwZGREDDYQ20harnessQQ_fxdZ1QQ_ptasZ1

25-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Yeep Agree here in australia ppl doesnt see Emanage as a good piggy back :( im not sure why :p but im pretty satisfied with my emanage ultimate! lol !

and thanks for the tips!

MikeLary
25-05-2008, 10:48 PM
emanage works just fine for me too, so i thought id share with people out there who wanna save money and still get pretty good performance and reliability out of their emanage =)

any questions guys please ask

dudeling7
26-05-2008, 12:44 AM
im looking at getting a greddy turbo kit for my teg just because its convenient and comes with everything, just wanna upgrade injectors and maybe downpipe as it is restrictive.

but will i need extra wiring or will it come with everythig in the kit? also you sugggest not to go higher than a 440 cc injector?

26-05-2008, 01:30 AM
440 cc is good for 400 hp! so its okay to use not more than 440 cc aniway. stock engine + turbo wont make it dat high figure with safe tune.

emanage blue doesnt have bigger injector increase % from stock. dats why is not recomended more than 440cc

dudeling7
26-05-2008, 01:49 AM
ok cool so 440cc sounds good then.

also does the emange in the kit come with the ingition harness to tune ingnition or do i need to buy that seperatley??

Fo55il
26-05-2008, 02:01 AM
it comes with the injector harness not the ignition harness, well mine didnt anyways, n didnt kno till i went for a tune.
the kit comes with everythin pretty much, i would highly recommend gettin the kit with the cooler and piping too unless u wanna get custom done. but ebay piping is a big no no, cooler from ebay is okay tho.
I still got piping from my "kit" off ebay lyin in my trunk.

I had sum issues with injectors cause mine werent made for honda but for ford but after some customisation they fit fine. They are Huge injectors and atm they are running at i think 60% capacity on 6-7psi.

Wen u get your kit get the installer to check it out before u actually install it. n get all d parts. Id recommend gettin your gauages too, temp(oil/water/exhaust),boost, air/fuel ratio. etc Also get a fuel pump.

dats all that i can think off from d top of my head.

Hipowerracing
26-05-2008, 09:51 AM
i use emanage on my CRX ... AWESOME piggyback..

Lukezen27
26-05-2008, 10:48 AM
ok cool so 440cc sounds good then.

also does the emange in the kit come with the ingition harness to tune ingnition or do i need to buy that seperatley??

Some of the kits come with more options than others.. and are priced accordingly

dudeling7
26-05-2008, 11:23 AM
alright cool will have to sus it out then thank a lot guys! ive bought an intercooler already, think the kit comes with some piping so can what a cooler on if not maybe jsut customise some pipes :)

beeza
26-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Great to hear the emanage is loved.It is kinda looked down on,I guess cause of Hondata etc...

Lukezen27
26-05-2008, 07:30 PM
it comes with the injector harness not the ignition harness, well mine didnt anyways, n didnt kno till i went for a tune.
the kit comes with everythin pretty much, i would highly recommend gettin the kit with the cooler and piping too unless u wanna get custom done. but ebay piping is a big no no, cooler from ebay is okay tho.
I still got piping from my "kit" off ebay lyin in my trunk.

Fuel Pump

I got my FMIC pipping from eBay USA :thumbsup:

Worked perfect

Few mods with the dermal was all that was needed and at only $190 bargain

As for the fuel pump is not needed on D's with this kits power output.. but its not a bad option but if you've happen to install a new stock one recently then don't bother..

Stock pumps rated at 200hp and I'm only making 172WHP

alright cool will have to sus it out then thank a lot guys! ive bought an intercooler already, think the kit comes with some piping so can what a cooler on if not maybe jsut customise some pipes

They do come with piping but its not enough.

Its make to complete the loop without a FMIC and get you up and running

MikeLary
01-06-2008, 09:46 AM
I'm glad this forum is helping others, ive actually begun re-writting the emanage software to add more features such as knock sensor integration, auto-tune improvement etc... ill let u guys know how i go

Lukezen27
01-06-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm glad this forum is helping others, ive actually begun re-writting the emanage software to add more features such as knock sensor integration, auto-tune improvement etc... ill let u guys know how i go

What motor are you running again Mike?

I'd love to add a knock sensor for safety :thumbsup:

MikeLary
01-06-2008, 11:31 AM
d16y4

Lukezen27
01-06-2008, 11:34 AM
d16y4

Cool

Keep us updated on how the knock sensor mod goes :thumbsup:

MikeLary
01-06-2008, 01:47 PM
will do, could you tell me which voltages you get from the knock sensor and what you'd like to be able to do with them?

Lukezen27
01-06-2008, 01:51 PM
will do, could you tell me which voltages you get from the knock sensor and what you'd like to be able to do with them?

I don't have a clue sorry mate

My motor doesn't have one

MikeLary
06-06-2008, 01:03 PM
ive re-written the emanage application to help out with tunning:

e.g allow you to log data in csv format
logs data signals in boost(psi) so you can see how much a/f your running at certain boost to tp to RPM

allows a wideband sensor to be used for logging a/f ratios

auto tunning (i dont really use it, but people seem to like the idea)

acceleration only logging mode (so that decelleration isnt logged only accelerating actions)

plus more but ill ask the mods on here if i can post it or not

Lukezen27
08-06-2008, 11:12 AM
ive re-written the emanage application to help out with tunning:

e.g allow you to log data in csv format
logs data signals in boost(psi) so you can see how much a/f your running at certain boost to tp to RPM

allows a wideband sensor to be used for logging a/f ratios

auto tunning (i dont really use it, but people seem to like the idea)

acceleration only logging mode (so that decelleration isnt logged only accelerating actions)

plus more but ill ask the mods on here if i can post it or not

Nice man

Is how the hell dose the auto tunning work?

I can't see that faction anywhere in the software

Fo55il
08-06-2008, 11:20 AM
im a bit losted now,

so u rewrote the software for d emanage?
so would u be sharing this program ?

MikeLary
08-06-2008, 09:59 PM
yeah i just re wrote a software that works like the orginal emaange software to provide the above functionality...

a bit of it was started by another program, i just added more features and customised it to be honda specific (e.g translating our boost readings etc)

im testing it for a couple of days then ill share it on here

cdnsigop
20-06-2010, 06:49 AM
Sorry for the old bump...

Any updates on your programming, Mike? Im using the Blue in a turbocharged Impreza...

beeza
21-06-2010, 08:33 PM
I will be tuning my d16y4 auto NA in a month with emanage with Ivan at hi power racing.

Is there anything we can use Mike..?

Awesome stuff!

RePPed.