PDA

View Full Version : Civic EK wheel bearings.

dupac->
23-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Well i have an EK4 and EK1.

Both of them the wheel bearings are gone.. it's not the tyres that are noisy.. coz ive changed tyres on the both of them and still same sound..

EK4 back right wheel bearing. just reaching 100, 000kms

EK1 not sure which one it is. about 260, 000kms

It gets really noisy while driving... loud rolling WHoOoOP whoOOp sound.

just curious.. is it common for the EK wheel bearings to go?
or just my bad luck that both EK wheel bearings both shat itself?

and what causes this problem??

thanks

akusuma
23-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Last time I got issues because I didn't have my wheel bearing cap which protects the bearing grease.

it's only for the rear ones though (doesn't apply for the front ones).

You can try to jack up the car and spin the wheels, see if you can hear the sound as well.

henrygiang
23-05-2008, 03:38 PM
it's not the tyres that are noisy.. coz ive changed tyres on the both of them and still same sound..

maybe still the tyres.....i had brothers old wheels from the exact same model car and when i changed to his, it made that WhOop WhOop sound so maybe its the compound in the tyres??? just a suggestion

dupac->
24-05-2008, 12:46 AM
nah i got the bearing changed in my ek4 and the sound is gone. I thought it was tyres.
And now the ek1 im sure its the bearing.

lukecivic
25-05-2008, 06:56 PM
does the noise change pitch if you hook it around a corner?

i had a rear left wheel bearing go in my ej8, it made knocking noise all the time noise. So i put it on a hoist and spun the wheel, the wheel didnt spin very freely and made a knocking noise.

I replaced the rear left hub as i couldnt buy the bearing seperately. Bought it from autoshack in granville $175