PDA

View Full Version : APEXi V-AFC II controller on a EURO help

Type R Positive
13-09-2004, 10:37 PM
Can someone please help me out and explain what exactly does the v-afc 2 do to an i-vtec engine? I know that it is a fuel computer that engages the vtec function as well.

Does the engine still keep the variable valve timing or does it loose the i out of i-vtec?

Is it a worth while modification? I plan on fitting a K&N typhoon kit and DC SPORTS headers and custom exhaust with dual cannon mufflers. This will be all untill someone decides to produce cams or I throw on a DC5 turbo kit.

EuroAccord13
14-09-2004, 04:59 AM
VAFCii is the same as VAFC, just that it's got more parameters for your tuning points. Yes it can alter your VTEC sequence but when mine was being tuned, my tuner found that the factory settings are GOOD enough, only the A/F ratio needs to be tweaked. VAFCii works with i-VTEC because it's got the VTC controls. I managed to scrap almost 10Kws out of the VAFCii...

You mentioned you wanted to get the K&N Typhoon CAI, I have that and it's a good investment and it's easy to install, but the OEM resonator is a pain to remove... Now Question is.. you said you wanted some DC Sports Headers, where do u plan to get it? I'm getting mine from Singapore which is around 500AUD delivered. Works out to be cheaper than getting them from an agent in USA for some reason....

Also when it comes to custom dual cannon exhaust, make sure it's made properly and will not cause u to lose power, I'm running a single outlet now.. :D Ugly but effective :P

As for the cams, I've been looking for ages, but then again, the cams itself in the car is considered a set of cams with 3 profiles, aka, it has already got three cams in theory.

DO a Search on my posts, I have photos of my CAI, My zorst but I'm not sure if I posted my new zorst here.. I also have a picture of my Dyno readout etc...

CHEERS
Nick

Type R Positive
14-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Thanks a million, I really had no idea! worthy modification? YES indeed!

I have got quotes for the DC SPORTS headers from a few places in the states, but it cost about the same for freight as for the headers them selves. This is why they are cheaper through singapore. This makes them a waste of money to get them from the states, ie: over $500USD. If you can get them for around $500AUD, tell me where!

As for the exhaust, I was thinking about restrictors? I won't be doing it myself and I am aware that it is very easy to loose power.

Where did you pick up your K&N from? I can get it for $185USD + $60USD freight. I want it really bad, but I have been told by the boss (GF) I have to wait :(

Pum[Z]
14-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Really u can get DC Sport headers for $500 AUD from singapore?? thats pretty cheap. I was planning to get them from America. $500 is pretty cheap because it cost me $475 AUD to get headers for my previous car and they were no brand headers.

Where can u get it from singapore??

Its better to get a K&N CAI its so easier to install. U try installing the Injen CAI it took me 2 hours. U have to remove this plug and plug it somewhere else. In the end my radiotor fluid came out when i had to unplug one of the hoses.

But then i really think the Injen CAI looks so much better with polished metal. Each has their own opinions....