PDA

View Full Version : Ek Springs

MikeyG
24-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Hey guys,

I searched around for my question but coudlnt get an answer correctly.

I need new springs for my ek how much would they cost

LLS
24-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Lowered springs? around $300ish - Kings

MikeyG
24-05-2008, 12:09 AM
ahk ive heard of king springs are they good quality springs?? and lls if u may go to my intro page and look at my car do u think if i bought king springs.. do u think that will lower the car more or put the car abit up casue i want it abit up

LLS
24-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Fark me thats low.. Kings tend to sag over a period of time.. get Kings Lows.. should raise your car a bit. :)

Kings Lows - 1.5"
Kings Superlows - 2"

Get adjustable shocks.. koni yellows.. its adjustable height and dampers :)

MikeyG
24-05-2008, 12:20 AM
ok so is the kings lows adjustable shocks? or its not

sorry dude im really noob at this if the king lows are not adjustable shocks would u be able to tell me a good quality ones that will last long please??

thank you

MikeyG

Sydsyd
24-05-2008, 12:29 AM
king is the brand of the lowering springs...they're quite good in quality, although still not comparable to more branded names...most people use king lowering springs to lower their cars with minimum budget...

as said, king springs would cost you around 300-ish, expect to pay about $100 (maybe more) for installation also...

from the pics, i think ur car is on lowering springs, but i wouldn't know what brand they are, assuming they're king springs, then it's more than likely they're super low king springs...

if u want to raise up the car, u can use low king springs or just stock EK springs, but with stock springs ur car would look very high...

note: don't confuse urself between springs and shocks...

LLS
24-05-2008, 12:30 AM
No.. king lows are springs.. I was just saying maybe its better to get an adjustable shocks, so you can adjust your ride height.. and if your using stock shock.. it'll die sooner.

Some good quality springs are Eibach (can't think anymore right now). Get an Eibach Prokit.. should raise you height fine. Pretty sure other members will direct you in the right path. :)

MikeyG
24-05-2008, 12:37 AM
thank you very much guys sorry if im a pain with the recent threads but i am a noob and i am learning day by day :D

you crawl before you walk im in the exact same position and thank you once again for you help guys :)

magicmike
24-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Whats your budget ?

If money isn't too much of a problem, grab yourself a set of coilovers so you can adjust your ride height accordingly.

But if your a bit strapped for cash atm, then go with LLS and Sydsyd's advice and grab yourself a set of King lows or any set of springs that's within the budget.

MikeyG
24-05-2008, 12:45 AM
will do magicmike... and i am on a budget atm casue i have no job but do have an interview on monday.. wif some good luck i will get the job..but yeah on a budget so will grab myself king lows... also where can i buy these from?? like supercheap?? autobarn shops like that or gonna go sumwhere else?

magicmike
24-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Try the Traders section on here, I think Race Nation have some in stock, if not Google or Yellow Pages is your friend :p

LLS
24-05-2008, 09:21 AM
I have one.. pm sent! :)

Gio
24-05-2008, 10:47 AM
If in brissy pm teh_mechanic

AutoNoob
25-05-2008, 06:31 PM
get coilovers, u wont regret it...
or u cud get ripped off an do a setup like mine - kony yellows, red pedder springs - 1.5 back, 2 front.
Im gonna get TEIN springs next cause on full lock i still get scrappage on the left side (when i turn at roundabouts)

CER-15E
01-06-2008, 12:17 AM
will do magicmike... and i am on a budget atm casue i have no job but do have an interview on monday.. wif some good luck i will get the job..but yeah on a budget so will grab myself king lows... also where can i buy these from?? like supercheap?? autobarn shops like that or gonna go sumwhere else?

hey i already replied to your other post.. but just incase.. whole sale suspension do a great job..and will look after you...