PDA

View Full Version : EJ8 or EM1

zee
24-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Hey guys,

I currently have a white EJ8, I'm loving the look of the EM1 not really care about the b16a since I'm planning to do a engine conversion later on in the future. Was wondering is it better financially to keep the EJ8 and just change bits to make it look like the EM1 ie facelift and taillights etc or just get the EM1.

There is currently no white EM1 on the nsw market :(

DOHCTR Coopz!
24-05-2008, 10:09 AM
you would probably save time & money doing a conversion. And if u're specifically after a white EM1, u could be waiting for whenever as they're not very common. then u have to sell ur car etc etc.
hows the overall interior, chassis and body work of your EJ8?

rayb3na_
24-05-2008, 10:09 AM
u just answered your own question? lol theres currently no white em1 in the market.. facelight front bar will cost u like 150.. things shouldnt get more expensive then that.. but u will need rear wheel disc brake conversion.. and some of the em1 interior is different to the ej8!

kraiye
24-05-2008, 10:30 AM
i'd say better off with the ej.
there's a guy on here selling bunch of em interior and bit bit n pieces... cant remember what state though, check the FS section :thumbsup:

JetSir
24-05-2008, 02:28 PM
ill say ej8 since ur doing a conversion later on ... the em1's are over priced =P

simonnowis
24-05-2008, 03:19 PM
u just answered your own question? lol theres currently no white em1 in the market.. facelight front bar will cost u like 150.. things shouldnt get more expensive then that.. but u will need rear wheel disc brake conversion.. and some of the em1 interior is different to the ej8!

ud need more then a front bar, to do the facelift conversion u also need 99-00 bonnet, fenders, headlights.
also the rear taillights have clear indicator on the em1.
it would prob cost u 1k+
if ur goner get an engine conversion later on, ud need to upgrade brakes sufficient for the engine anyway so changing rear drums to discs now doesnt really matter. you can deal with that later on when u decided on the engine.

EK1-2NV
24-05-2008, 08:59 PM
hey champ hope this helps but this trader has almost everything for your conversion im not sure on the fenders but he may be able to source them for you then you just need the headlights and taillights etc.

heres the link

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81038

hondavti25
24-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Does that conversion kit just bolt straight on to a ej8 front end with out all the other crap you have to do for the facelift?

simonnowis
24-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Does that conversion kit just bolt straight on to a ej8 front end with out all the other crap you have to do for the facelift?

if u mean the 99-00 front bar, no it wont be straight fit, ull need bonnet, fender, headlights.
the item is just a cheaper alternative as its a non-genuine replica.

blk_shadow
25-05-2008, 02:42 AM
if u mean the 99-00 front bar, no it wont be straight fit, ull need bonnet, fender, headlights.
the item is just a cheaper alternative as its a non-genuine replica.

don't forget the grille as well

zee
25-05-2008, 09:17 AM
you would probably save time & money doing a conversion. And if u're specifically after a white EM1, u could be waiting for whenever as they're not very common. then u have to sell ur car etc etc.
hows the overall interior, chassis and body work of your EJ8?

The overall condition of the EJ8 is great for a 10 year old car. I think I should just change the exteriors to make it look like the EM1.

Just wondering does the EM1 use same rear bar as EJ8?

nugget1
25-05-2008, 09:42 AM
The overall condition of the EJ8 is great for a 10 year old car. I think I should just change the exteriors to make it look like the EM1.

Pretty sure the rear was untouched in the facelift.

simonnowis
25-05-2008, 10:08 AM
don't forget the grille as well

hahha oops, yeh u would also need 99-00 grill

yes rear is the same, the only diff in the rear is the rear taillights where the em1 came with clear indicators instead of the orange ones.

JDM EM1
25-05-2008, 10:39 AM
i think the rear bars are different i tried to put an ej8 rear lip on mine and it didnt fit.. correct me if im wrong.
i own a white em1 they are pretty damn rare to find!

EK1.6LCIV
04-06-2008, 08:46 PM
The rear bar is different, the front fenders, head lights, grill, bumper, bumper underlay, lip, hood, seats are different, gear knob, gear boot, interior trim on the seats, the rear lip is also different. I'm doin an Si swap over atm and those are the only differences that arent mechanically related as I'm not using the B engine. Altho the EM1 Aus market VTIR has abs whereas the USDM doesnt which makes it slightly better factory in my opinion apart from missing out on the Blue they get as most of the AUS spec EM1s are ethier black or silver,white and red being the rare as colours to find them in as they had a very short life span of no more 2 years in production....