PDA

View Full Version : alarm problem

MWAKU
25-05-2008, 07:20 PM
well it was DIY in my garage and i've got a few problems, but just this is the only one i feel comfortable discussing online lol. anyway. siren thing is soooo quiet, can barely hear it...

everything else is fine, like the siren when you open n bla bla. just when the alarm goes off, its pretty hard 2 tell its going off, only if its quiet u can hear it.

bennjamin
25-05-2008, 07:22 PM
hows your cars battery ?

25-05-2008, 10:50 PM
check the voltage of your feed wire. you might have got the low voltage wire rather than live 12V wire

Limbo
25-05-2008, 11:25 PM
siren may have got water in it. Might need to replace it

B18cEG
25-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Make sure you got a GOOD earth and GOOD +12v, the earth problem is the biggest cause for this issue

Eire
26-05-2008, 12:29 AM
is it an aftermarket or factory alarm?if aftermarket what make/model

B18cEG
26-05-2008, 12:33 AM
Is It New?

Stcmon
26-05-2008, 12:57 AM
id check the voltage wire, im not 2 sure if having a good earth would affect it as much.

"everything else is fine, like the siren when you open n bla bla. just when the alarm goes off, its pretty hard 2 tell its going off, only if its quiet u can hear it."

are u refering to when u turn the alarm on and off, the noise the siren makes is still loud, just that when it goes off with the alarm, its very quite?

B18cEG
26-05-2008, 01:04 AM
ok, do you have selectable siren output?

MWAKU
26-05-2008, 11:21 AM
yea battery is running fine. like, when u beep to unlock/lock its loud, loud chirp. just when you rock the car, or whatever, to set the alarm off, it rings, but its very low volume.

its a brand new after market alarm.
i'll check the earth n voltage wire 2night. i doubt water is in it, just got it new last week. "ok, do you have selectable siren output?" i dnno. lol. i'll double check everything 2night, dad n me spend whole day yesterday trying to install it and bla bla. at night found tha the brake lights now don't work, and the security light thing, doesnt work nemore either ( was working like during the day ) then we redid it to try and get central locking to work, then yea no red light. the brake light, im not sure if it wasn't working for the whole period when installing the alarm, but yeah, only realised at night. =\ but yeah, trying again 2night , then going someplace to get it properly done

lols i don't feel comfortable sharing what brand/make >_<

MWAKU
26-05-2008, 11:22 AM
will try everything you guys advised 2night so yeh. let it know if everything gets fixed

Stcmon
26-05-2008, 05:14 PM
have u checked that u hvnt blown any fuses?
u need brake lights LOL

MWAKU
26-05-2008, 05:22 PM
nah the brakes were working the day before. =|

how do i check for blown fuses??

Eire
26-05-2008, 06:59 PM
If your fusebox cover has a diagram just pull one at a time and check.

I fit car security for a living,feel free to pm me the male of alarm (im on the otherside of the world so not gonna steal your car!)

Ive seen the problem you have before but it was when the alarm was connected via the pulsed output (eg horn honk) instead of the inline siren connections,altho if this had have been your case the siren would have been low from day one.

Did you solder your connections?If not just go over your siren connection joints and make sure there sound ect,worst case is your sirens shagged,you'l pick one up fairly cheap

Stcmon
26-05-2008, 07:19 PM
his siren works fine, its just when it actually goes "off" the noise is very feint.
when he turns it on or off, the siren is quite loud.

nothing wrong with siren imo.

check ur connections and for brake light fuse, have a look at the fuse lid, underneath it, it has a diagram, ur num plate lights shud be not working as well if uve blown that fuse.

did u solder ur connections and tape it up good?
worse comes to worse, rip the alarm out and start over again.

MWAKU
27-05-2008, 12:50 PM
yeah i fixed basically everything now! thanks guys

just can't get my central locking to work, probably cause i wired it wrong. thanks everyone for your help!

Eire
27-05-2008, 08:05 PM
If you have the diagram for the alarm wire your central locking for Negative pulse.

If your unsure of where to be looking for wires take off your drivers door card and at the plug of the lock/unlock switch there should be 3 wires entering it.(not sure if the oz accord had the central locking control module in the drivers door,if so you'l find the wires coming from this)

Lock and unlock wires are normally blue/white and blue/red (on jdm hondas) test the wires on your car with a multimeter to be sure and then just track them back into the car from the door loom and you'l find them in the drivers kick panel.

MWAKU
27-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Oook. i'll try this later on. dad does most of the wiring :>