PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket parts

MM89
25-05-2008, 10:21 PM
i'm after some aftermarket parts as i called in to honda the other day and they wanted over 1k for EG efi fuel pump, tank and lines. Imlachs wreckers
quoted me just under 400 bucks for the lot, but i would much prefer to use
new parts, especially with parts like the fuel pump. Hence I'm wondering if
there's aftermarket efi fuel pump, tank and lines available for the EG.

cheers
mike

MikeyG
26-05-2008, 12:17 AM
ok... you just answered ur own question... obv new parts are much better and you know the quality is good.. 2nd is bang for buck if ur on budget ur honestly ur choice but do check out the wreckers parts before buying them jsut incase they are rust or dents u stuff u knw :) gl

panda[cRx]
26-05-2008, 12:28 AM
no he didnt answer his own question. if you read it he is asking if there are aftermarket parts for these (ie. not made by honda)

i dont think there would be an off the shelf fuel tank or lines you can buy but there would most likely be a fuel pump.

you should be fine with 2nd hand fuel tank and lines, most likely fuel pump too (but if i had to choose something to get new it would be the pump)

Stcmon
26-05-2008, 01:27 AM
iunno, leakings lines are also GG lol

MM89
26-05-2008, 08:56 AM
;1709360']no he didnt answer his own question. if you read it he is asking if there are aftermarket parts for these (ie. not made by honda)

i dont think there would be an off the shelf fuel tank or lines you can buy but there would most likely be a fuel pump.

you should be fine with 2nd hand fuel tank and lines, most likely fuel pump too (but if i had to choose something to get new it would be the pump)

thanks panda, so are there any known reputable brands for fuel pumps, which i was more interested in using new parts for anyway because of the concern in lack of pressure produced by a second hand one over at least 13 years. also what would the approximate price range be? 2nd hand tank i wouldn't mind using but lines i might even prefer to use some new ones, have heard of a couple of blokes purchasing second hand lines and eventually found them to be unusable.

aaronng
26-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Have you asked if the wrecker is able to order in new parts for you? They should get cheaper than RRP.