PDA

View Full Version : FN2R Prices

carmen
26-05-2008, 05:32 PM
I've been quoted $38k drive away for a Black CTR brand new 2008 built. Sydney.

Haven't gotten serious about that car yet but if this is the going rate then that's pretty good. Just a shame I can't let go of my Golf MKV GTI just yet.

Ninjadust77
26-05-2008, 06:21 PM
thats a good price!!! take it and try to get them to add some options to it...
i was quoted $43,000 with the following options added.....

- accent lighting - floor mats - f/r skirts
- f/r bumer trims - side trims - Type R emblem set
- iPod adapter - 8 stack cd changer - rear park assist

xqwzit
26-05-2008, 06:35 PM
38k brand new??
you sure ???
now why didnt i get one :(

kanishkaz
26-05-2008, 07:05 PM
hey guys,

i'm thinking of getting one in Melbourne. Can anyone recommend any good dealers in melbourne that i can get a good deal on one of these?

Cheers!

LD_Mart
26-05-2008, 08:03 PM
good luck getting 38K wait till you sit down and try and make a deal...
not sayin its not possible but you will have trouble signing the dotted line for 38k

UNLS1
27-05-2008, 01:08 PM
yeah good luck with 38k on road!

Reothe
27-05-2008, 01:12 PM
that's demo pricing territory. i'm sure you must've misread the fineprint :P

carmen
27-05-2008, 02:22 PM
I never said you can definitely get it at that price, the dealer quoted me that price and said 08 built not last year stock. It's up to you to decide and form your own opinions like most dudes do here.

Fact was my friend got quoted $34k+ for Silver Civic Sport auto (mats, rear sensors, tint) at Trivetts para but offered and accepted $32.5k at Rick D. built last month. So the CTR deal doesn't seem off this planet.

Nighthawk
30-05-2008, 06:03 PM
It's not that far off especially if you don't want too many options thrown in. That's an excellent price to be quoted straight off from a dealer.

Nighthawk
30-05-2008, 06:08 PM
hey guys,

i'm thinking of getting one in Melbourne. Can anyone recommend any good dealers in melbourne that i can get a good deal on one of these?

Cheers!
I can recommend Astoria Honda in Melbourne, bought mine there and they were excellent to deal with and best price I found.

Smoothaz
31-05-2008, 06:06 AM
a mate of mine works in a honda dealer and his staff price is $39,200 drive away so i dont know how you got quoted $38k.

UNLS1
31-05-2008, 09:00 AM
i call shens on 38k
scan the deal and show us!

moons
31-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Many didn't believe me when I posted my price/accessories list. Serves me right for sharing I suppose: lesson learned.

i call shens on 38k
scan the deal and show us!

And while I'm certainly not calling you on it, you must admit that being a salesman, you have a vested interested in keeping prices high.

When I was shopping around, I found that some dealers flat out refused to discuss the kind of price I wanted - One wouldn't budge from 47k. Another said 44k for "this car only." FTG Honda - never go there - felt my price was so ridiculous it warranted treating me with total disdain.

I finally arrived at a dealer that gave me exactly what I wanted, for the price I wanted.

Tips

Remember: You are in control. Work out exactly what you want. Everything. Accessories, Warranty, Spares, etc. Don't fall for the "girl who asks about rust protection after the sale" bullsh*t. If you have a penchant for wasting money and want rust protection - put it on your list as part of the deal. I'll come back to the list.

Now shop around and using all resources available - forums, friends, salespeople - work out what the car should cost. I started by looking at the price of the car without drive away costs - $40k. I then found out how much all my accessories and spares I wanted cost ($RRP) and deducted at least 20% from them before adding the cost to that of the car, proper.

I came to the decision that $43k sounded about right for everything I wanted. By sounded right I mean: I was happy to pay it and it seemed about what everyone else was getting or better.

Now the next step is crucial. I dropped my "official" price to $42k. This gave me the opportunity to beat my own deal.

Now the next bit is the kicker: Walk in to the dealer, go up to the first salesguy you can find and say, "This is your lucky day. I want to buy a Type R." Hand him the list of what you want with the price you want to pay on it and hand him your credit card. "That's for the deposit."

Only thing is, and this is very important: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WANT ON THAT SHEET - EVERYTHING. THIS WILL BE YOUR CONTRACT.

Postscript: I got my Type R for 43k with everything I wanted. I posted my deal somewhere on this board.

In hindsight, I should've got it for about $500 less and out of stupidity, I forgot to put the extended warranty on my list and didn't really bargain hard enough to go under my "happy" price.

dannybubu
02-06-2008, 10:06 AM
well done man...maybe you should've told me this a bit earlier...lol

luoldeng
02-06-2008, 04:46 PM
I got my CTR for $42K including

type r emblem
accent lights
window tint
bluetooth
matts
front kit

its build date was FEB08 and COMPL MAY08

Nighthawk
03-06-2008, 12:45 AM
I got my CTR for $42K including

type r emblem
accent lights
window tint
bluetooth
matts
front kit

its build date was FEB08 and COMPL MAY08
Well done mate, thats an excellent deal.

Mr_will
03-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Now shop around and using all resources available - forums, friends, salespeople - work out what the car should cost. I started by looking at the price of the car without drive away costs - $40k. I then found out how much all my accessories and spares I wanted cost ($RRP) and deducted at least 20% from them before adding the cost to that of the car, proper.

lol 20%? thats weaksauce. 50% minimum. there will always be someone, somewhere, that needs your business.

wait till the end of the month, and buy then:)

Reothe
03-06-2008, 01:13 AM
lol there are a few second hand fn2r on carsales now that will go for way cheaper if it's a bargain you're hunting for. Brand new FN2Rs won't come down in price at all due to the limited delivery and it's still a very new model.

kanishkaz
03-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Hey guys,

Can you actually call up Honda Australia and find out how many CTR's they've got in stock?

Cheers.

luoldeng
03-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Well done mate, thats an excellent deal.

Yes it was a good deal, he said if I wanted the car only i would've got it for $38K brand new and maybe the matt set only.

I wasn't expecting to get a 08 build CTR, he said most likely a 07 build but when it arrived from SA he confirmed it as a 08 build date. :)

If anyone wants a good deal go Essendon Honda, Arvie Roncall.

Philip Lee
03-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Hey guys,

Can you actually call up Honda Australia and find out how many CTR's they've got in stock?

Cheers.

i'd be surprised if they can tell you this info over the phone.

they're most likely to refer you to your local dealer.

UNLS1
03-06-2008, 10:40 AM
moons got a good deal, he went to his local dealer and did well!
There can also be reasons why some dealers do some deals and others dont, doesnt matter what honda you look at.

we also get to catch people out too who lie about prices to us. Its fun when we catch them out, we are all not that stupid. If your going to lie be smart about it!

moons
03-06-2008, 05:18 PM
i'd be surprised if they can tell you this info over the phone.

they're most likely to refer you to your local dealer.

If you insist, they will give you info. I found out how many 08 built cars were landed in Melbourne when I was shopping. Caught a bunch of dealers out, it did!

:cool:

moons
03-06-2008, 05:22 PM
moons got a good deal, he went to his local dealer and did well!

Yeah, I did alright. :D

I think that had alot to do with going to a local dealer, however: I got the distinct impression that dealers are under Honda orders to sell to their locality at all costs.

Probably to do with servicing and keeping dealers noses out of each other's backyards? Not sure.

Ninjadust77
03-06-2008, 05:27 PM
just to let you guys know... i was told by the dealer that Aust only gets 600 cars per year, and thats the national figure....

this might be y they r so hard to get the new prices down....

moons
03-06-2008, 05:40 PM
just to let you guys know... i was told by the dealer that Aust only gets 600 cars per year, and thats the national figure....

this might be y they r so hard to get the new prices down....

It is not hard to get the price down, if you actually try. While the figure is probably true, this is not doing anything to the price!

These cars aren't exactly flying out of showrooms - Honda even stopped quoting them as a separate entity on their last sales figures!

UNLS1
03-06-2008, 08:32 PM
you are on the right track my friend! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I did alright. :D

I think that had alot to do with going to a local dealer, however: I got the distinct impression that dealers are under Honda orders to sell to their locality at all costs.

Probably to do with servicing and keeping dealers noses out of each other's backyards? Not sure.

UGE70Y
05-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Dam guys,

38k for Black FN2...

I got mine in october 07 for 43K

BLACK
Emblem Set
Tint
Mats
Ipod Adaptor

Das crazy i should have waited...... maybe i probably couldnt last that long..
I had to waite 2 months to get mine. Got it the end of JULY 07 & waited 2 frickin months way to long hehhehehe...

UNLS1
07-06-2008, 09:06 AM
he didnt actually buy it for 38k

KenBoy
08-06-2008, 08:04 PM
hey guys,

is 43k a good offer for,

Red
Emblem Set
Front Lip
Back Lip
Ipod Adapter
Amblem Light Set
Tints
Mats

Is this a good buy?

sitta
09-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Thats a good buy, buy it!! if you want a cheaper price just get a demo

KenBoy
09-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks sitta, yeh i am planning to get it, going there this weekend to sign the contracts [=

luoldeng
09-06-2008, 10:58 PM
hey guys,

is 43k a good offer for,

Red
Emblem Set
Front Lip
Back Lip
Ipod Adapter
Amblem Light Set
Tints
Mats

Is this a good buy?

Thats exactly like mine but take out the back lip and replace the ipod adapter with a bluetooth set.

Btw the back lip isn't that nice to my liking, it makes the back more plastic and Holden'ish. But if you like it then go for it! :)

MangChi
09-06-2008, 11:46 PM
A mate of mine just got his about 2 weeks ago, albeit delayed delivery.

41,250 drive away

Red
Emblem Set
Front Lip
Back Lip
Amblem Light Set
Mats

not too sure if he got tints didn't ask him

but as luoldeng and my mate said arvie @ essendon honda gives top service. I haven't dealt with him myself so im just passing on what my mate said.

KenBoy
10-06-2008, 01:11 AM
hmmm yeh im in sydney, and ive been to 3 dealer so far, planning to go to a few more but its the lowest ive got so far. And 43k did include the door trim but im looking at removing that because after thinking about it, it doesnt look nice. and im still planning to push the price abit lower when i go purchase it this weekend.

KenBoy
10-06-2008, 01:12 AM
and far 41250 is pretty cheap!!

moons
10-06-2008, 01:17 AM
Don't forget to get them to throw in a free oil and filter change at 1000k check :)

Nighthawk
10-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Don't forget to get them to throw in a free oil and filter change at 1000k check :)
No need, oil isn't changed at 1,000km service it's not done until the 10,000km service so get them to throw that one in for free.

moons
10-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Get all the impurities out early I say. Each to their own :-)

UGE70Y
11-06-2008, 04:36 PM
and far 41250 is pretty cheap!!

Dude for a RED FN2 for sure they can punch it down under 40k.

If i got my BLACK FN2 7months ago for 43k

would have been 42k if they didnt trick me in gettin paint protection.

N isnt free rego n CTP now at all hondas.

It included
TINT
IPOD adapta
MATS
EMBLEM SET
THAT CRAPPY WASHin KIT(its not that bad)

Shoulda got more shit outa dem.

N i had to waite extra 2months.

maracer
11-06-2008, 07:33 PM
No need, oil isn't changed at 1,000km service it's not done until the 10,000km service so get them to throw that one in for free.

Fark!
Just spotted this thread.
So HONDA no longer change oil @ first 1,000km

Reothe
11-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Only for the fn2 since it comes with a special run in engine oil. I specifically enquired about this for my fn2 and it's specified in the manuals and dealer instructions to not change the engine oil it comes with. However, the stealers were more than willing to charge me extra for an engine oil change on my request..but then I declined their kind offer to rip me off :D

Entity_004
12-06-2008, 04:56 PM
hey guys.. picked up my FN2 last Sunday.. ended up getting it for $42K on the road with reverse sensors, tint, lock nuts, emblem set, front skirt and mats.. I think i got a good deal.. Plus honda have $500 petrol at the moment. Bonus..

By the way guys, has anyone had any rattling noises coming from the front dash when going on a bumpy road. I am getting these on mine.. its only got 700km on it.. Im not happy at all... Anyone had any sort of experience?

MangChi
12-06-2008, 05:16 PM
hey guys.. picked up my FN2 last Sunday.. ended up getting it for $42K on the road with reverse sensors, tint, lock nuts, emblem set, front skirt and mats.. I think i got a good deal.. Plus honda have $500 petrol at the moment. Bonus..

By the way guys, has anyone had any rattling noises coming from the front dash when going on a bumpy road. I am getting these on mine.. its only got 700km on it.. Im not happy at all... Anyone had any sort of experience?

Do you have anything loose in the glovebox?? Not exactly sure on that, friend hasn't had any complaints with his FN2R. Just make sure you don't have loose items around i.e coins, sunnies, cigarette lighter.

I'll try to be more aware the next time im in his car which should be tonight.

And the $500 of petrol is a nice bonus considering the price of it these days :(

Entity_004
12-06-2008, 07:27 PM
hey Mang.. nah dont have anything loose in there. its coming from the drivers side near the side mirror. i havernt put anything in the compartments.. Its not loud but u can hear it wen the radio is off... once u notice it u always hear it.. dammit.. Yeah the petrol prices are ridiculous...

moons
12-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Its not a "clicking" sound is it?

Entity_004
12-06-2008, 10:56 PM
nope not clicking.. just sort of plastic rattling.. u know how a dash normally rattles on older cars..

MangChi
13-06-2008, 12:56 AM
if you can't find it tell them at first service. i'll ask my friend tomorrow and see what he says. ill get back to you asap

Entity_004
13-06-2008, 09:20 AM
thanks

Ninjadust77
13-06-2008, 11:25 AM
mayb its the tweeter surround on the drivers side, i know that when i got mine it was a'lil loose... all i needed to do was give it a bit of a push in and she was right... give that a go...

iv got just over 2000km on the clock and everything is fine, figured out how to turn on the i-vtec light on the dash, so im happly playin with that for now!!...

abzndintegra
13-06-2008, 05:18 PM

Dude i have the same sound ive had my car for a year, it was never there before but i worked out it could be because of the cold weather mine only started about 1 month ago.

bodaas
13-06-2008, 05:40 PM
i had the car for 3-4 months with 9k on clock

i never had problem at all with car, what kind of rattling noise, k20z rattling noise??

and its 700km, how bout 9k without rattling noise
you want to swap over?

sitta
13-06-2008, 09:45 PM
I dont have rattling noise from the dashboard. I do have rattling noise form the driver side window, if i open the window about 5cm which i usualy do the window rattles when im driving. Open it bigger, no more rattles but there will be too much wind

Entity_004
18-06-2008, 03:21 PM
i noticed my tweeter fitting is also loose.. i'll try pushing it in. It just seems odd that a new car like this has rattling noises. We bought a brand new Civic sport last year and its still a dream to drive. no noises at all from the inside. I got my service coming up next wknd. Im gonna let them know about all the noises.

sitta
18-06-2008, 11:15 PM
tweeter fitting? i actually took off my tweeter fitting a couple of times to change the tweeter. it is abit loose but it doesnt come off or rattle, if you want a tight fit, the tweeter fitting is just beeing hold there by a clip so stuck a paper or something on the clip so it have a better fitting.

well, this car is not made in japan, so it has all the crappy UK labour put into this car

Entity_004
19-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Looks like i have found similar threads on different forums with the same problem/s I am having..

Dashboard Rattle
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?p=2299461

Boot Rattle
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-irritations/1400-boot-rattle.html

Gonna get the dealer to check it out..

UGE70Y
23-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Hey Fellas,

Just want to ad this too if any one has experienced it.....

Do you guys hear a click when your on first gear. its coming from outside not inside.

Its when you ride the clutch n once released a loud click from the outside sounds. Sometimes its loud other times you can feel it.

Any opinions on that?

The service guys couldnt here it n they did all they can which i think is bullshit.

Entity_004
23-06-2008, 02:53 PM
I havernt experienced this myself.. but will be on the lookout...

UGE70Y
23-06-2008, 03:38 PM
I havernt experienced this myself.. but will be on the lookout...

Just look out for it....

usually happens when your ride your clutch releasing it slowly then a CLICK!

moons
23-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Are you sure it's only when you ride the clutch? Loud click was a sub frame issue on mine.

UGE70Y
23-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Are you sure it's only when you ride the clutch? Loud click was a sub frame issue on mine.

wat they end up doin u just left it?

Its at the point when releasing the clutch once reving a lil then releasing clutch n goin forward... i hear the click

sometimes rolling back or reversing then gearing it to 1 slowly releasing the clutch then CLICK.

abzndintegra
23-06-2008, 11:53 PM
havent you all gone off topic?

I think we should keep it to the topic

moons
24-06-2008, 12:22 AM
I'm talking about a different thing.. I think. My subframe noise happened on mild to heavy acceleration or deceleration. The sub frame would make a loud click - sounded like it was coming from right wheel. Try braking hard or taking off quickly and see if the noise still happens - this hasn't anything to do with gearing.

Bloody annoying to get it fixed, though. The dealer gave me the usual "could not fault" bullshit but after a fair bit of whining, kicking and screaming I got it fixed.

I think I read on a UK board that there is a Honda bulletin thing out about this fix.

MKI4EVA
24-06-2008, 09:37 AM
was a scots parra on sat and got quoted $42K drive away with badges, mats and tint.

has anyone here ran a 07euro with their R's?.........I was shocked to see the 0-100km/hr times are the same. wassup with that?

moons
24-06-2008, 06:48 PM
has anyone here ran a 07euro with their R's?.........I was shocked to see the 0-100km/hr times are the same. wassup with that?

Up until last Friday I was driving around in a stock 08 Euro. Felt quite quick.. until I got my Type R back.

Honestly, the Euro is very pedestrian in comparison.

kongfu
24-06-2008, 07:53 PM
The only reason I wouldnt buy FN2R is lack of aftermarkets parts available.

Not many options: (

LD_Mart
24-06-2008, 08:28 PM
The only reason I wouldnt buy FN2R is lack of aftermarkets parts available.

Not many options: (

Its still a pretty new car... Parts are coming along pretty quickly now...
JTune have released a Super Charge Kit
Plus now that it is being released in Asia along side the FD2R, Alot of
parts will become available...

kongfu
24-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Plus now that it is being released in Asia along side the FD2R, Alot of
parts will become available...

Not many JDM parts I mean.

LD_Mart
24-06-2008, 09:22 PM
But once it is in japan JDM will get in on the act

kongfu
24-06-2008, 09:37 PM
But once it is in japan JDM will get in on the act

How come they are in Japan?FN2R is UK spec. JDM got FD2R already.:D

sitta
24-06-2008, 11:13 PM
they are going into japan apparently

Reothe
25-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Maybe cuz the fn2r has a better interior/exterior design and would appeal to a more mature age group so obviously it'll boost their sales perhaps? Boy racers would obviously prefer the FD2R but it's the mature age group that are cashed up and can afford it. What is the point of appealing to a younger age group if hardly any of them will be purchasing the actual car?

Type R Positive
25-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Hahahaha, Jtune....
We still waiting for Euro stuff that was ment to be out over 2 years ago! :eek:

LD_Mart
25-06-2008, 07:21 PM
euro parts have been out for ages...
Seen some good photos of all the parts being made so guess there is some progress and some parts have already been released...

Type R Positive
26-06-2008, 12:52 AM
euro parts have been out for ages...
Seen some good photos of all the parts being made so guess there is some progress and some parts have already been released...
Nah, still held up.........

xqwzit
27-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Maybe cuz the fn2r has a better interior/exterior design and would appeal to a more mature age group so obviously it'll boost their sales perhaps? Boy racers would obviously prefer the FD2R but it's the mature age group that are cashed up and can afford it. What is the point of appealing to a younger age group if hardly any of them will be purchasing the actual car?

so you are more mature yen? lol
hope to see some nicely modded fn2r soon

Pumped
02-07-2008, 12:50 PM
On the topic of FN2R, whats the boot size like?
as an example, will it fit a set of golf clubs & buggy?

trying to find pictures of the boot, not having much luck!

Philip Lee
02-07-2008, 01:51 PM
the boot size of FN2R is HUGE.

definitely will fit a set of clubs but not sure about buggy.

moons
02-07-2008, 02:01 PM
On the topic of FN2R, whats the boot size like?
as an example, will it fit a set of golf clubs & buggy?

Golf is marbles for adults.. but here's a pic of the boot:

sitta
02-07-2008, 02:03 PM
it will fit a golf club and a buggy but if you want to fit 2 golf club and a buggy you need to fold the rear seat down i paly golf as well

Pumped
02-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the replies, the boot looks huge :)
just looking at swapping my euro for a new car and ultimately my mum may be driving it to, she doesnt like taking her BMW to the golf club so much
So thats a consideration, i only play a few times a year with work so it doesnt bother me to much

luoldeng
02-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Yep the boot is huge! Its a bigger boot than my missus Ford Laser. We can even put our sons stroller in it without affecting the lid.

Nighthawk
03-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Golf is marbles for adults.. but here's a pic of the boot:

Don't forget that both rear seats fold down totally flat (like in the jazz) which doubles the size of the boot.