PDA

View Full Version : whats the biggest inlet size recommended for egs

sir_egg
27-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Hey guys what would the biggest size inlet you would whack on a eg??? without it causing the car 2 loose torque or make the car go backwards?? as i have a 2 1/2" inlet my concern is would this be 2 much for the eg???

Boban
27-05-2008, 07:15 PM
what sort of inlet are you talking, cam profile on the inlet side (don't think you could increase inlet w/out increasing the exhaust size) or.....

sir_egg
27-05-2008, 09:23 PM
the inlet from the muffler. Whats the standard size piping for eg from catalyalic converter? 2" or 2 1/4" cause i have a 3" tip with a 2 1/2" inlet... was wondering if this would be ok to put on my car without losing power and is possible to be fitted.

teh_mechanic
27-05-2008, 09:39 PM
if its the standard engine on there,then yes you will lose power by putting that exhaust on.its too big and you will lose back-pressure.less back pressure in an n/a car means less power

2 1/2" is something that you could get away with if you had a b18c etc. but not on your standard engine.i doubt the standard exhause diameter is even 2",most probably 1 1/2 or 1 3/4.

dahon
27-05-2008, 09:51 PM
even if you have the standard stock cat and stock piping?
like say you whack a 2 1/4" on stock cat & piping, would that lose backpressure?
wouldnt it still have pressure from the stock cat anyways so the 2 1/4" exhaust wouldnt matter?

MikeyG
27-05-2008, 10:04 PM
even if you have the standard stock cat and stock piping?

you will still lose power since its a standard engine.. the standard honda engine (eg) obv isnt built for power... if u just want sound which i believe u do.. just put a muffler tip..

like say you whack a 2 1/4" on stock cat & piping, would that lose backpressure? wouldnt it still have pressure from the stock cat anyways so the 2 1/4" exhaust wouldnt matter?

where is the pressure going to come from?? standard engine wouldnt be able to produce that much pressure to get some sort of power gain i believe (correct me if im wrong)

dahon
27-05-2008, 10:09 PM
well since itll be a stock cat it wont be as free flowing as aftermarket alternatives, and leave you with some form of back pressure.
muffler tip as in what do you mean?
what type of muffler tip would give you a better sound?
i wanna know cos i want my car to sound a little better but still use the stock piping. always thought the muffler itself was the one that provided the sound/muffle... lolz

MikeyG
27-05-2008, 10:36 PM
my mate bought Spintech Axle Back muffler tip sounds realli nice casue he has a box of a car but wants that nice sound it sounds realli good...

but if u dont want to touch the muffler you could always get a CAI intake that gives a nice roar when u put ur foot down dude!

hmm since i believe ur car is an ek1.. i would prob recommend a XFORCE S10 twinloop

rayb3na_
27-05-2008, 10:50 PM
2 n 1/2 is massive for a stock 1.6! down go bigger then 2 1/4 inch for stock 1.6 IMO =]

dahon
27-05-2008, 11:17 PM
i still dont get what you mean by muffler tip and how it can make it sound louder when a tip just goes after the muffler...?
yeh 2 1/4 is perfect... i was considering a s10 twinloop but yeh ill have to get it welded and blah.. i was offered a 2 1/4" cannon but im weighing my options and looking around to see if i will lose power etc etc...

DC4Integra98
27-05-2008, 11:41 PM
if your in for the sound, you can't go wrong with intake (nice induction roar) + twin loop muffler (doesn't sound as racy/better tone compared to cannons imo).
I'll try and get sound clips when i can.

sir_egg
28-05-2008, 10:20 PM
lmao guys i got stock engine lmao d15b oh weo looks like that exhaust would be just sitting there. :p il just throw on my old 3" canon thx 4 all ur help ne1 wana buy it lmao! 3"tip wit 2 1/2" inlet & a 5" cannon with 2 1/2" inlet pm if your interested =]

redinteg
29-05-2008, 02:44 PM
fuly sic subwoofa moite