PDA

View Full Version : adjusting headlight beam

Astro
14-09-2004, 09:50 AM
hi guys,

if anyone knows how to adjust the headlight beams on a EK civic please help?

my headlight beam dips too low to the ground and i want to raise the beam up a bit higher so i can see where im going :)

thanks.

ECU-MAN
14-09-2004, 12:26 PM
the best thing to do would be to get another car with good headlight aimming. park it 5 to 7 meters away from a wall, turn on the low beams and with some chalk or masking tape put a line on the wall where you see the beam. also marl the ground where the front bumper was as an indication of how far away the car was.
now park your ek in the same spot. turn on your low beams and open your bonnet, get out a phillips head screw driver and looh at the back of your headlight for a round silver thing with teeth in it. what you do is put your screw driver in and turn it to adjust your lights. each head light will have two of these adjusters, one for Y axis and one for x axis. it is important to adjust these correctly. good luck, let us know how you get on.

SiR JDM
14-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Exactly wat ECU-MAN said

I did mine a week or so ago in a friends garage... it was night time, reversed out about 5 metres n turned the lights on, i dind't have anything to measure it against (no chalk :P), jus lifted them a lil higher so i can actually see in streets with minimal lighting at night..

But wat ECU-MAN said is the best way, follow his steps and you cant go wrong

Astro
14-09-2004, 02:56 PM
wow...thanks heaps guys, i do remember seeing a funny silver screw/bolt with like gears on it...what i was trying to do was get a 10mm socket and trying to turn it...didnt go to well as there was no roon to move the wrench....

ill give it a go tonight.

thanks again ;)

CIV73C
14-09-2004, 07:32 PM
just a questiion..

is this done the same in an EG??

SiR JDM
14-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Yup CIV73C, ive got an EG and i did the same thing

ECU-MAN
14-09-2004, 08:53 PM
just a questiion..

is this done the same in an EG??

yep , this works with most cars. some cars have a screw with a handle on it so no tools are required.

wynode
14-09-2004, 09:15 PM
As above!

I just parked my car on the street one night (flat road) and adjusted it accordingly :)

saboteur
15-09-2004, 09:24 PM
I got mine done for free when I got the a new antenna mast, they're all good now though. My light alignment got messed up when I did the EK9 DIY lights cause I thought I had to undo the adjusting screw to get them apart :rolleyes: