PDA

View Full Version : Rear spoiler ??? Wanting to remove it.??

Miz_II_Die_IV
28-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi guys,
for those who know me or seen me at the meets, u would realise i have a rear spoiler on my car. The deal is i want to take it off but that means i will have the holes there. Therefore what do i need to do. I heard that i could get plugs but i guess that is just a temp thing...How will i patch those wholes up properly and who can iget to do it.. also how much am i looking at... Anyone have a silver euro with no wing they wanna swap?? LOL

mars_panas
28-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Hello Miz_II_Die_IV

Try going to any smash repairs place to get your holes filled..

There's a guy in my area that owns a smash repairs place and he did my Lude... and i must say he did a great job :thumbsup:

the other option is what u said 'the plugs'... you can get them from Autobarn Supercheap or Clark Rubber :p

Ilia
28-05-2008, 02:05 PM
i had the same problem, took it off myself and put the plugs in

Went to my panel beater and he charged me $600 to do it...

Lots of panel beaters wont want to do it hoeever due to a fear of the metal warping when they weld the holes up, so you will need to find the right person to do it. from memory there are 6 or 7 holes!

Good luck with it

:)

Miz_II_Die_IV
28-05-2008, 02:17 PM
shit that much... lol OMg... u serous... hahaha...ur kidding me... shit... Well... isnt it beta to get anoter boot then or even a carbon fibre one.. LOL 600 bucks just to do the holes... i rather swap someone for the boot... if they want teh spoiler..

Crapdaz
28-05-2008, 03:22 PM
cheapest is get colour spray of your car then paint some tape and apply.

Cheapest fix in my opinion.

honki3rider
28-05-2008, 03:55 PM
^ghetto:p

traumatized
28-05-2008, 04:03 PM
i would just suggest to go to the wreckers and pick up a boot lid that didn't have a spoiler on it, it should be cheaper than $600

ms700
28-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Brand new bootlid from Honda is $500 trade or so........

Miz_II_Die_IV
28-05-2008, 11:15 PM
lol... darn... Hmmm how about the mugen spoiler.. would that fit straight into the holes... i dont mind the mugen one...

WhiteEuro07
29-05-2008, 09:33 AM
what about the M3 style they look alright.

tony1234
29-05-2008, 09:43 AM
IMO not worth the $$$.leave it on,or as you said best would be to swap with another silver car without spoiler.

Crapdaz
29-05-2008, 10:49 AM
hmmm work shop will charge alot as one you need to puddy up the holes, then you need to recoat it with similiar colour paint.

Ilia
29-05-2008, 11:33 AM
At the time i treid a wrecker, no boot lids

Went down the avenue of a new bootlid, cost too $$$

The panel beater was the only way, to get the job done properly hey have to weld them up, like i said it takes someone who is good at what they are doing. The holes arent in the best of sports, close to the edge and close together....

I could have gone with the options of tape and plugs, but on a car thats worth as much as it is, why would you want to... looks unfinished in my opinion.

If you could find someone for a swap go for it, chances are though people without the spoiler got their car and had the option for the rear spoiler, didnt like it so didnt buy it.

You could get lucky though :p

Crapdaz
29-05-2008, 01:03 PM
yep, as you said if they need to weld and fill up the holes you would need to respray as it would affect the current paint.

as Ilia said swap would be the best option.
Otherwise fork out 1k and import a carbon fibre.