PDA

View Full Version : 95 CD5 SRS light.

Jarkz
28-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Hey guys,

Randomly today, my SRS light came on (not flashing, just permanently staying on).

Is my airbag about to go off at will, or is there just a fault with the electrical connections etc.

Any help would be much appreciated, as I'm dreading it randomly going off.

Thanks.

CRXer
28-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Haha thats why im glad i dont have SRS,something randomly staring me in the face likely to explode at any moment.........

Read thru this thread & do a code check first.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91191

Jarkz
28-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Thanks for info... but the person I bought it off claimed the air bag did go off during a RWC inspection

try to diagnose another fault.

The lady owner (who's husband is a qualified Nissan mechanic) did the RWC.

But strangely she told me not to fiddle under the drivers seat.

Two days later walla the SRS light is on.

It's not flashing like the owners manual indicates.. it's just on.

Also the Manual says if the car is 10 years of age after production this may occur? WTF?

Would this occur if the air bag has been taken out?

Or have they not replaced the SRS ECU.

CRXer
28-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Wow.......airbag goes off during RWC inspection?????

Either u got some dodgy wiring or i wouldnt take it back there for another RWC.

Do the code check dude,only take a coupla mins,will lead u right to the source of the problem

interfooler
28-05-2008, 06:41 PM
This is a common problem. when the SRS light is on it means the airbag is 'dead', either temporarily or permanently. So it will never deployed. Relax mate.
I have had this problem fixed just few months ago at Honda and cost me about $200. It was a fault with a dummy resistor at the passenger side which tells the system there's only driver's airbag present. The resistor only cost $20 and the rest go to diagnostic and labour. However, the previous owner had the whole SRS system replaced last December and that cost $900. So pray that your problem is nothing serious. Try doing a SRS reset and see if the light goes off. if it does then you escape without having to pay a penny.

Jarkz
28-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Thanx Interfooler..... will try the reset... (fingers crossed)

I have been driving along thinking shite... this things gonna go at any minute.

Thanks for your help... all.

CRXer
28-05-2008, 06:56 PM
If the code check dont work or u cant find a code erase plug,then your system is too old & u really gotta get into the nittygritty of testing the system,best left to a pro.

subliminal
29-05-2008, 03:14 PM
My SRS light came on on my 95 CD5 about 4 months ago and hasnt gone off since, tried the reset thing and it didnt do anything. I just had my car serviced on monday and they reckon its a common occurrence on these cars, the airbag module dies and needs to be replaced. I was quoted about $600 to a replacement module...

30-05-2008, 03:06 PM
and you will wish ... why shouldnt i get the car with out air bag :p lol !!..

try to go to honda or get 2nd hand parts from junkies for the module. safe u up money :D

simonnowis
30-05-2008, 03:15 PM
if the reset doesnt work you should really get it checked out to find out the exact problem.
by module do you mean the clock spring?
honda charge way too much, its alot cheaper at the wreckers.

bumper
30-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah that happened to me and my mechanic said that it was the SRS ECU needed replacing. It was gonna cost about $600 so I left it. I disconnected the battery to install my system and the light has been off since.
Must have been lucky.

soulchild_19
24-06-2008, 06:33 PM
yup, same problem i have.
brought my cd5 private sale just last month, srs light was on during test-drive, he said it was a common problem. did some research before i brought the car to be sure, i was a bit wary, called honda for quotes too.
he reset the light, but the nite i went round there to pick it up it came back on. decided the car was stilla great buy and i'd have to deal with that later.
haven't done anything with it yet. not really a problem unless you're selling the car, or maybe in the case of a major accident.?
damn airbags.