View Full Version : WeaponR Secret Weapon SRI for FD1

hannson
28-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Hi,

Here's an installation of the Secret Weapon from Weapon R

Pictures
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w303/takeshi_umuro/IMAG0048.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w303/takeshi_umuro/IMAG0050.jpg

[i]** Note: Sound from 2500RPM onwards is extremely addictive!

Video Recording of test from 0-100km/h
Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEXo14cKceE
Video after CAI piping (Joy Spin): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycucSBoWKlI

markCivicVti
28-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Whats the part number for the FD1? I'm assuming its the same as the USDM LX/DX model.

rk 86 wa
28-05-2008, 09:30 PM
does that ducting after the pod stop like 10 cm after the pod? or does it connect to the stock snorkell?

also did the piping for the breather come with the intake?

looks good ;)

Shimian
28-05-2008, 10:19 PM
i think its still connected to the stock piping. You can still see the mouth on the right side of the bay. Unless they have chopped it near the resonator. I personally dont think it would give any increase as its still sucking hot air. Maybe just a nice induction sound.

hannson
28-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Whats the part number for the FD1? I'm assuming its the same as the USDM LX/DX model.

yup!! same part number as the LX

hannson
28-05-2008, 10:43 PM
does that ducting after the pod stop like 10 cm after the pod? or does it connect to the stock snorkell?

also did the piping for the breather come with the intake?

looks good ;).. it actually connects to the stock snorkell.. but they do supply the piping that you can route to the bumper for cool air intake

hannson
28-05-2008, 10:46 PM
i think its still connected to the stock piping. You can still see the mouth on the right side of the bay. Unless they have chopped it near the resonator. I personally dont think it would give any increase as its still sucking hot air. Maybe just a nice induction sound.The WeaponR Secret Weapon patented technology is supposed to able to draw 3x more air ... which manifests itself in the quicker RPM and lighter feeling on the throttle pedal when compared with other aftermarket air intake kits :)

http://www.mimousa.com/products/783_b.jpg

renegadeice
28-05-2008, 11:31 PM
how much of a performance difference is there from stock to what you have now? also, how much money did you spend altogether on this?

Looks and sounds great, btw :)

hannson
29-05-2008, 12:51 AM
how much of a performance difference is there from stock to what you have now? also, how much money did you spend altogether on this?

Looks and sounds great, btw :)currently without any form of heat shielding, I don't feel any loss in low end.. mid and high end is great.. and paddle feels lighter :)

AUD400 spent on this.

Shimian
29-05-2008, 09:08 AM
.. it actually connects to the stock snorkell.. but they do supply the piping that you can route to the bumper for cool air intake

did u remove ur resonator? Ive always been scared to route a pipe to the fog light area due to sucking water in

hannson
29-05-2008, 11:20 AM
did u remove ur resonator? Ive always been scared to route a pipe to the fog light area due to sucking water in
right now.. resonator is still there... like you, I'm trying to find a good "high" spot for the piping. I don't think I'd go as low as the fog light.. maybe somewhere above it... just for the cooler air ...

anyway, it's really easy to detach the piping from the air filter as it's readily accessible from the top :)

TODA AU
29-05-2008, 11:39 AM
http://www.mimousa.com/products/783_b.jpg
The Secret Weapon for the ultimate weapon head... :p
If you believe the nonsence in the above picture,
My guess is you'll buy anything.
Better get a Power NEO magnet for your fuel line to go with the SPL "Air Fusion" of this amazing piece of pipe. LMAO

CRXer
29-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Nah..........doesnt need the magnet.........already got the voltage regulator......

aaronng
29-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Sorry, but I tend to agree with TODA AU on this.... that diagram explaining how it works is.... nonsensical.

aaronng
29-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Nah..........doesnt need the magnet.........already got the voltage regulator......

What about the hurricane intake fins? And the fuel tablets?

jdmlvn
29-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Maybe an electric super air charger too?

CRXer
29-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Hmmmm............i see theres a few of us bored at work today

panda[cRx]
29-05-2008, 12:23 PM
'turbo velocity stack' 'air fusion' powahhh!!!!

that's the funniest thing all day (and i saw fo55il's car in his avatar)

bennjamin
29-05-2008, 12:30 PM
i dont understand how any air intake can give more "air" than say...stock ? IT can free up resistance but ?

CRXer
29-05-2008, 12:40 PM
now stock boi chimes in

bennjamin
29-05-2008, 12:41 PM
stock airbox FTW. indeed.

hannson
29-05-2008, 02:50 PM
very interesting discussion mates :)

krogoth
29-05-2008, 03:22 PM
i think there are some advantages to a CAI, but ive always though theyr minor

do wat jeff did, ghetto it if u really want an intake, he made his for like $30, no way im paying $400 for a piece of pipe though....

Shimian
29-05-2008, 06:42 PM
right now.. resonator is still there... like you, I'm trying to find a good "high" spot for the piping. I don't think I'd go as low as the fog light.. maybe somewhere above it... just for the cooler air ...

anyway, it's really easy to detach the piping from the air filter as it's readily accessible from the top :)

Just after the airbox is easy to remove. But routing a pipe is hard without removing bumper. If only the radiator was smaller. Then can take air from the front grille.
Did you remove the pipes that connects to the resonator? Looks pretty tight down there to add another pipe.
Let me know how you go. Would be interested to know/learn from you :thumbsup:

hannson
31-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Just after the airbox is easy to remove. But routing a pipe is hard without removing bumper. If only the radiator was smaller. Then can take air from the front grille.
Did you remove the pipes that connects to the resonator? Looks pretty tight down there to add another pipe.
Let me know how you go. Would be interested to know/learn from you :thumbsup:hi!

No, I haven't removed the pipes.. but what you'd need to do is remove your bumper in order to access the resonator to remove all the remaining pipings.. i'd take pictures of it when I do it the next time. I don't think there's any other way because of the screws mounted.

and you're right.. without removing the stock resonator, I don't think it's possible to add another pipe.

.. and I agree on the radiator... would have been BEST to have RAM Air effect that way.

Cheers,

JaCe
31-05-2008, 08:44 AM
hmm... i wonder if it's much different to my typhoon intake. def agree that intakes make the noise above 2500rpm very very nice :)

Shimian
31-05-2008, 09:44 AM
dont know if itll be much different between ur typhoon or custom cai unless dyno'd. Only going by the theory/facts that sucking colder air is better than hot air. Hopefully by removing the resonator, it will give a slightly better roar.

hannson
08-06-2008, 10:19 PM
through the diagnostic port.. it's now showing that my short term trims are -15%... I think this means that:

1. the MAF is seeing an increased in Air Intake
2. the ECU is dumping more fuel based on the ECU tables (looking at MAF and load information)
3. however, not all air can be ingested resulting in excess fuel
4. excess fuel is sensed by the 02 sensor and the information is fed back to ECU to substract fuel away from the fuel values the ECU is expecting based on MAF and Load info.

So.. it does seem this SRI is sucking in a lot more air! :)

bennjamin
08-06-2008, 10:36 PM
it isnt sucking any more air in. Its less resistance.
its also official that aftermarket air intakes do little or nothing to an engines workings. Even less on a R18.

So are you selling these Hannson , or atleast trying to justify your purchase ?
Be careful....if you try to make a warranty claim you maybe denied from Honda due to illegally modifying your engine

CRXer
09-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Wait & see what your long term trims start to do before u come to any grand conclusions

kazam
09-06-2008, 04:00 PM
yeh but at least they sound much better than stock right.....