PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky noise when pressing the clutch pedal

EK1.6LCIV
29-05-2008, 02:17 PM
This has been happening for awhile now prob a good 3wks, the clutch fluid is topped up to the max line, there’s no dust in it, clean and newish. But when I press my foot onto the clutch pedal and bring it back, it lets out this loud squeaky sound, any takers. I’ve taken a quick look at it in the bay with a mate pressing the clutch in, the noise still very evident and not able to see the problem. The engine is a D16Y8. Any takers?

bradess
29-05-2008, 03:37 PM
hey mate.. i seem to have the very same problem.. very annoying.
check out this thread from my reply downwards, some helpful replies.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90889

vinnY
29-05-2008, 03:47 PM
SYMPTOM
The clutch pedal makes a creaking noise when it is pressed.

PROBABLE CAUSE
The coils of the clutch pedal assist spring are rubbing against each other, or the clutch release fork pivot bolt is dry.

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Determine the cause of the noise, then replace the clutch pedal assist spring, or lubricate the clutch release fork pivot bolt.

:)

bennjamin
29-05-2008, 04:17 PM
This has been happening for awhile now prob a good 3wks, the clutch fluid is topped up to the max line, there’s no dust in it, clean and newish. But when I press my foot onto the clutch pedal and bring it back, it lets out this loud squeaky sound, any takers. I’ve taken a quick look at it in the bay with a mate pressing the clutch in, the noise still very evident and not able to see the problem. The engine is a D16Y8. Any takers?

How many k's on your engine ? How many k's on the clutch ?

Highly likely , your RELEASE/THRUST bearing is lacking lubrication. It will squeek louder when cold. It needs replacement so book in a clutch change.

EK1.6LCIV
29-05-2008, 05:34 PM
It squeaks the same no matter if it's cold or not, engine on or off, def a lubrication sort of thing. The question I want to know is where exactly it is so I can spray some silicon on it. There is no way I'm getting a clutch for it as the engine is going to be replaced soon and at 1250 for a new one put in at Honda, if it's that noise it can bloody well stay there, lol. The clutch works just as fine as the day I first bought it

Red_EG4
29-05-2008, 05:40 PM
When I let the clutch pedal out(engaging the clutch) I hear a squeak. My clutch only has 66,XXX kms on it. Do I have to replace it?

EK1.6LCIV
29-05-2008, 05:43 PM
same noise as mine, something needs lubrication, the gfs car just got a new exedy put in and afterwards same thing, just wanting to know what it is. I asked her and she was like, dunno they just sorted it lol

I heart the SSS
29-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Silicon Spray is your friend.

It fixed my squeeky clutch

SYMPTOM
PROBABLE CAUSE
The coils of the clutch pedal assist spring are rubbing against each other, or the clutch release fork pivot bolt is dry.

I had that problem.

Red_EG4
29-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Silicon Spray is your friend.

It fixed my squeeky clutch

I had that problem.
where exactly did you spray?

hondajazz2005
29-05-2008, 09:39 PM
i have it on my gas pedal.... where to spray and how a silicon spray looks like??

EK1.6LCIV
29-05-2008, 09:45 PM
i have it on my gas pedal.... where to spray and how a silicon spray looks like??

its in a can similiar size to wd-40 look for it in the automotive section at k-mart, that's where I bought mine from before, lol

IZY-10
29-05-2008, 11:56 PM
i have the same problem with my dc2r. If you change gears really fast you cant hear it. Def lubricate im not sure what though

VTECMACHINE
30-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Air in clutch line possibly. Try bleeding the line, and then hopefully the noise will go.

JohnL
31-05-2008, 04:24 AM
No, it's not the hydraulics, air in the line can't cuase a sound like that.

I have the same clutch squeak (a 'creaky' squeek) in my CB7 Accord, been there since I bought it a couple of years ago, and it hasn't gotten any worse. Don't panic.

I've lubed everything I can reach with no success, it seems to be very internal. I think it's associated with the clutch fork, or the release bearing, or possibly the fingers in the clutch itself.

mattchuej8
31-05-2008, 12:28 PM
i got same problem with my d16y8 :(

Dy_
01-06-2008, 10:49 PM
lol i think the majority of us have it.

i was told to use graphite powder instead of silicon spray.

just havnt bothered to figure out where to lub it yet. hopfully someone points it out here!

EK1.6LCIV
06-06-2008, 01:29 PM
It the slave making the noise, nothing to do with the throw bearing, its caused by dust apparently, when I fix mine, I'll be posting pics so stay tuned

aaronng
06-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Last one I heard was from the pivot point of the clutch release fork. This was on a 2004 car as well.

simonnowis
06-06-2008, 01:47 PM
i had the exact same prob with my previous civic sedan, i took it to a mechanic and he told me its the bearing, just as ben suggests, and the clutch needed replacing.
spot on ben. lol

Elwood
06-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Common.

Release bearing or if you're lucky, clutch master cylinder.

Killa From Manila
06-06-2008, 05:38 PM
ive had the creaky clutch pedal since i bought my car 2 years ago. hasnt gotten ne worse and car runs fine.
just turn up ur music or get a loud exhaust :P

aaronng
06-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Common.

Release bearing or if you're lucky, clutch master cylinder.

The release bearing doesn't squeak when the engine is off. If he has squeak when the engine is off, then it is something else.

bennjamin
07-06-2008, 01:20 AM
The release bearing doesn't squeak when the engine is off. If he has squeak when the engine is off, then it is something else.

if its not properly lubricated , it can squeak when the engine is off or on. Will squeak more so when cold/off than on/warm.

also old worn pressure plate can give this -

aaronng
07-06-2008, 10:45 AM
if its not properly lubricated , it can squeak when the engine is off or on. Will squeak more so when cold/off than on/warm.

also old worn pressure plate can give this -

Would probably be the pressure plate or the release fork bearing. But not the clutch release bearing (throwout bearing) as that moves 90 degrees to the bearing rotation, so it shouldn't make a sound.

zpreme
07-06-2008, 12:23 PM
I have this problem for a few minutes then it disappears when the car is warmed up.

EK1.6LCIV
20-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Fixed, the secret is removing the boot on the fork and giving the joints a good spray with a lubricant, worked a treat, thanks Honda Dealer

Dy_
20-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Fixed, the secret is removing the boot on the fork and giving the joints a good spray with a lubricant, worked a treat, thanks Honda Dealer

sorry could you explain that abit more? i wanna fix mine too!

hisoka
20-06-2008, 05:34 PM
same here, would these be the cause my car not to engage into gear one properly ~when shifting down.~ i got this noise as well when its cold, squeak.~ and i started to notice that i get a high pitch (but not crunching) noise as the gear will not engage(only gear one and sometimes now gear two)~, so i have to try it a couple of times then it goes in smooth, but sometimes i have to release clutch and try again maybe after three time or two times it will engage with a bit of force, but sometimes just engages perfect.

i got the d16y1, i cant wait to change it aye. lol

i get crunch-age often when changing to reverse and gear one sometimes when on hills lol

LiKPiC
02-09-2008, 11:34 PM
I had this same problem a while ago.
Got is fixed at Hannys. The dude just sprayed some lube in the engine bay area. i really wish i had asked now.

02gzm
03-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Did it happen after you fixed the master cylinder or was it always around?

EK1.6LCIV
03-09-2008, 11:45 AM
sorry could you explain that abit more? i wanna fix mine too!

Near the clutch slave there is a rubber boot that can be removed to expose the fork, we simply sprayed into it with a lubricant and tried our best not to get any of it on the flywheel at the time, lol :cool: :thumbsup:

riruiz_88
15-11-2008, 07:29 AM
what did you spray it with?

sitta
15-11-2008, 09:16 AM
is the squaking noise from inside the car? or from the engine bay?. Is it possible that its just the bushing on the clutch pedal joint that is broken?

bennjamin
15-11-2008, 09:48 AM
the lube is sprayed on the pressure plate , release bearing and fork. Its a temp fix the noise WILL come back.

riruiz_88
15-11-2008, 11:53 AM
so the solution is to use grease in these areas when the clutch is being changed right?

jeffreymui
15-11-2008, 03:02 PM
trust the old big ben....probably the release bearing or clutch worn.....got the same problem and its the clutch^^