PDA

View Full Version : Alignment For Euro

LXRY
29-05-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm curious to find out what alignment specs everyone else is running on euro(s). i just had a wheel alignment and was shocked at what previous alignment settings were at...

Oh and if someone could post Honda factory specs for euro would be nice...maybe handy for sticky :- Useful Info/FAQ For The Accords and Accord Euros

I will post mine later tonight as scanner not working.....

OMG.JAI xD
29-05-2008, 06:27 PM
ill try grab all the specs i can get tmoro.

ill try get as much honda specs as i can n post up a thread.

just got the 08 specs =]

LXRY
29-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Here are the results of my alignment......

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa204/_ShEnStA/front.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa204/_ShEnStA/rear.jpg

drives pretty straight, except under right camber still feel excessive pull under right camber though......*more than normal.

Some input on these figures would be appreciated ;)

Suntzu
29-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Mine perfect. Got it done after i put on the tein ss. aaronng helped me.

Totally tracks like a champ. Very direct, no wandering.

I think it was neg -1.0 degree toe out on front. Zero toe on front and camber zero front and a touch positive at rear. Caster is fixed.

Works well and solved my tram lining issue.

aaronng
30-05-2008, 12:28 AM
WHOA! You had -1.0mm toe out in the rear??? No wonder you had pulling to the side that bad!

If your car pulls to the right under right camber (and left under left camber), then that is normal-ish. Could be because your rear camber was set back to zero instead of -1 degrees as per factory spec. This reduces your straight line stability.

LXRY
31-05-2008, 01:11 PM
WHOA! You had -1.0mm toe out in the rear??? No wonder you had pulling to the side that bad!

If your car pulls to the right under right camber (and left under left camber), then that is normal-ish. Could be because your rear camber was set back to zero instead of -1 degrees as per factory spec. This reduces your straight line stability.

Well my car doesn't follow left camber "at all" aaronng....back to the way it was before believe me I understand that it should follow camber but, I can take a right hand cambered road without touching my steering wheel and now when i brake under right camber it pulls right even at low`speeds, go figure..:confused:

aaronng
31-05-2008, 01:43 PM
I can take a right hand cambered road without touching my steering wheel and now when i brake under right camber it pulls right even at low`speeds, go figure..:confused:
Try rotating your wheels. If your tyres are non-directional, you can swap them left to right and see if it helps. As for pulling under camber when braking, mine does that too.

LXRY
31-05-2008, 02:09 PM
......... As for pulling under camber when braking, mine does that too.

mine does it only to the right, "never" to the left even if there's left camber

another example.... If approaching a set of lights on a "flat" surface starts doing it at say 5klm (crawling speed) up until i come to complete stop, feels like slightest flaw in the road surface cuases the right wheel to turn right direction, but never happens to the left, "at all".

LXRY
31-05-2008, 02:14 PM
since I installed alignment kits alot better than use to be in the past when first had problems with pulling right, but still wants to go right always....

most of the alignment guys look at me funny when i go back and say it still pulls to right :confused: .....oh well I just have to learn to stay on the left lane.

aaronng
31-05-2008, 02:17 PM
It could be that your tyres on one side are irregularly worn because of your previously odd alignment settings. Hopefully it helps once you swap them left to right.

tyrepower_adelaide
02-06-2008, 08:36 AM
man (LXRY) how did your front camber change so far. Half a degreee on the cambers. thats weird

the alignment is different for everybody's car. mine would be different from LXRYs as my car is lowered and his might not be. or the other way around his might be lower than mine. let me know what ride height you have and i will post up some specs for you to work from.

just remember the lower you go the more out of wack your car will be and the harder it is to bring it back to what we would think is normal.

let me know

game_accord
06-10-2008, 10:27 PM
How often should I have a wheel alignment , a friend said every 10,000km ?

aaronng
06-10-2008, 10:45 PM
How often should I have a wheel alignment , a friend said every 10,000km ?

Also depends on the condition of the roads that you drive. If there are many potholes, then yes, every 10,000km or 6 months because your suspension arms can get bent from all the potholes and kerbs that you might hit.

khoakhoa
07-10-2008, 10:03 PM
I just got 4 x brand new Adrenaline Bridgestone tyres + wheel alignment.
A week later I noticed that the car drifted to the left when I took my hands off the steering wheel.

I took it back and complained. The guy checked it, said it was fine and it might be because the tyres follow the road. My friend reckons it cause of safety reasons.

Anyway it was OK for another week before it got noticably worst. Should i take it back again? Or is it because i didn't do wheel balancing when i got the tyres changed?

('06 luxury, 225/45 17")

Crapdaz
07-10-2008, 10:23 PM
how about in the carpark?

one thing the car will definitely drift to the left depending on the camber on the road.

e.g if on a highway it will drift less than if you say drive on a suburban st like in newtown.

khoakhoa
07-10-2008, 10:38 PM
well it drifts like this...
first few secs a little bit...
then it gets worst to the point its steering to the left..
even on a highway. M4.

I havent noticed in the carpark. will try tomorrow.

Crapdaz
07-10-2008, 10:54 PM
my one goes both ways depending on how the road is cambered.

but on a relatively straight road its slight to the left.
but if your on stock suspension it should be fine. Slight left is normal.

aaronng
08-10-2008, 07:26 AM
well it drifts like this...
first few secs a little bit...
then it gets worst to the point its steering to the left..
even on a highway. M4.

I havent noticed in the carpark. will try tomorrow.

The M4 is NOT flat! I drive the M4 every day and on some sections, my car can drift to the right and other sections, to the left.

Do you have a printout of your alignment when you got it done? Post your camber, toe & castor for the front and camber & toe for the rear.

Gavern
08-10-2008, 01:42 PM
I took my wife's new CL9 back a week after purchase in January for the drifting to one side. Honda North in Perth kept if for two day trying to sort the problem. They suggested it was the road camber, but seeing that they had to fix a problem with stalling they would look at it.

I KNOW it wasn't road camber. My 14 year old Eunos never drifted no matter what road I was on.

They took a brand new Lux CL9 out for a spin and the car was tracking spot on. They balanced the tyres and aligned the wheels of my wife's car and it still drifted. They swapped wheels and tyres of a new CL9 and it still drifted.
They did another realignment and balanced all wheels again and it still drifted.
They drove two demos in the yard and they both drifted. They swapped wheels again and realigned the wheels and still drifts.

There was no solution. Even they were baffled.

My wife's std Euro CL9 still drifts to the left.
And it now has the best wheel alignment in Perth...!
She wouldn't have ever noticed it nor had it checked.
(She would have bought the Euro without even a test drive)

My 06 Lux Euro tracks spot on.

It is something in her car that she lives with, and I notice it when I drive her car. In fact, on longer trips in her car my arms feel tired after keeping a constant pull on the wheel to correct the drift.

There must be some minor design differences between the Std and Lux versions (other than wheel/tyre size). We drove the Lux version when we test drove the car and that didn't pull.

Strange.

aaronng
08-10-2008, 03:04 PM
There must be some minor design differences between the Std and Lux versions (other than wheel/tyre size). We drove the Lux version when we test drove the car and that didn't pull.

If yuo read the previous pulling to the left thread, it was the Lux that was having more problems with it than the Base model.

unity
23-10-2008, 11:54 AM
I believe these are some of the parameters that relate to the Euro alignment. If these values are incorrect please delete this message or update with the correct values.

Front Caster angle: 3°12' ± 45'

Front camber angle: 0°00' ± 45'

Front toe-in: 0 ± 2 mm (0 ± 0.08 in.)

Rear camber angle: -1°00' ± 30'

Rear toe-in: 2 ± 2 mm (0.08 ± 0.08 in.)

unity
23-10-2008, 12:06 PM
I had my alignment done at Pedders today. They did a front wheel alignment and balance for $73.00. The car seems to feel better and I don't seem to notice the front window rattle as much but I still have to do further testing to confirm this. I didn't get a real wheel alignment done based on their recommendation. They recommended just the front tyres for 10,000km and all tyres at 20,000kms.
I have the following figures for my rear and was wondering whether I should also get a rear alignment done too.

REAR AXLE:

CAMBER left: -1 degree 8 minutes
right: -1 degree 19 minutes

TOE left: -0.1 mm
right: + 3.3 mm

GEOMETRICAL DRIVING AXIS (THRUST) + 0 degree 8 minutes

My car is stock with 16' rims

aaronng
23-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Is that front or rear? you said rear twice.

unity
23-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Those measurements were for the rear. For my front both cambers were close to 0 degrees and my front toe was -2 mm on both sides. After alignment front toe is now 0 mm on both sides. Should I worry about getting the rear done based on the values in my previous post?

kingfoo
23-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Here is mine just after I installed the ingalls rear camber kit:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6024/alignmentnew1xb5.th.jpg (http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alignmentnew1xb5.jpg)http://img207.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

unity
24-10-2008, 12:17 AM
Thanks for posting that. Your initial rear specs were way out. But all good now. What was the cost of your alignment?

kingfoo
24-10-2008, 05:36 AM
It was NZD$65.00

unity
29-10-2008, 12:45 AM
Can some one please advise me here. On my first alignment I only had the front done, however, later I was advised to get a four wheel alignment done which I did. At the end of my first alignment rear right toe was +3.3mm. Four days later when I went for the second alignment the rear right toe reading was -1.4mm before the adjustment then +1.2mm after adjustment.
Do these figures sound right or is this a total stuff up?

SPQR
30-10-2008, 10:54 PM
^^ I did not realise that aaronng had the power to edit others' posts. Oh God!

One thing's for sure with wheelaligners; none of them studied proper maths or physics at school. Except maybe probability maths. Should I go off in the Quantum Physics tangent?

Crapdaz
31-10-2008, 07:13 AM
please do!!!

everyday you learn something new professor SPQR!

aaronng
31-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Can some one please advise me here. On my first alignment I only had the front done, however, later I was advised to get a four wheel alignment done which I did. At the end of my first alignment rear right toe was +3.3mm. Four days later when I went for the second alignment the rear right toe reading was -1.4mm before the adjustment then +1.2mm after adjustment.
Do these figures sound right or is this a total stuff up?

Did you get a printout?

aaronng
31-10-2008, 08:37 AM
^^ I did not realise that aaronng had the power to edit others' posts. Oh God!

One thing's for sure with wheelaligners; none of them studied proper maths or physics at school. Except maybe probability maths. Should I go off in the Quantum Physics tangent?

LOL, I pressed the wrong button.

Well, like most things in life today, wheel alignment is automated. You put the levellers and laser sensors on, and if you put them on correctly and the machine is not fcked up, the alignment can be done by anyone, even myself. All they need is a good track history with Lotto.

unity
31-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Did you get a printout?

I got the print out but left it at Honda service. They kindly checked my alignment for free and their results showed the pedder results were not accurate. I will make an offical complaint to Pedder's Head office.

SPQR
31-10-2008, 09:47 PM
LOL, I pressed the wrong button.

Well, like most things in life today, wheel alignment is automated. You put the levellers and laser sensors on, and if you put them on correctly and the machine is not fcked up, the alignment can be done by anyone, even myself. All they need is a good track history with Lotto.

That was the wrong button? What happens when you hit the right one? A new parallel universe? (Oops! Quantum Physics again!)

Accord Basic
08-12-2008, 04:38 PM
anyone installed Front camber kit for CL9? what brand are you using? Have you heard about that "SPC FRONT BALLJOINT CAMBER KIT HONDA ACCORD TSX" ?
Thanks

Type R Positive
08-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Old thread, but interesting.
I had my new CU2 alignment done last week, as the missus had hit a massive pot hole and I know it was out. they said the rear was out.
I got no specs from them, as when I got the car back, the tech was out to lunch.
It does definately drive better.

I wouldn't mind knowing the stock Honda specs for CU2 alignment.

tpphan
08-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Old thread, but interesting.
I had my new CU2 alignment done last week, as the missus had hit a massive pot hole and I know it was out. they said the rear was out.
I got no specs from them, as when I got the car back, the tech was out to lunch.
It does definately drive better.

I wouldn't mind knowing the stock Honda specs for CU2 alignment.

It should be in your car manual, the last few pages normally detail the specifications :D

Type R Positive
08-12-2008, 08:16 PM
It should be in your car manual, the last few pages normally detail the specifications :D
Sweet. I never thought of that. :)

doosra
09-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Front Toe: +0.3 and +0.3
Front Camber: -1.1 and -0.51

Rear Toe: +0.5 and +0.5
Rear Camber: -1.52 and -1.52

crunkman99
09-12-2008, 11:57 AM
man (LXRY) how did your front camber change so far. Half a degreee on the cambers. thats weird

the alignment is different for everybody's car. mine would be different from LXRYs as my car is lowered and his might not be. or the other way around his might be lower than mine. let me know what ride height you have and i will post up some specs for you to work from.

just remember the lower you go the more out of wack your car will be and the harder it is to bring it back to what we would think is normal.

let me know

tyre power, do you guys lower cars there? i got an 03 euro with 225 tyres on the back, so if i get it lowered heaps, what do i need to change there?

Accord Basic
09-12-2008, 12:06 PM
I also have 215 tyres on 18" x 8" rims +40, 1st lowered 30mm, it rubbing inside with metal. not the guide. the camber angle was -3.4 approx. after I installed the camber kit on rear and set it -1.5 it looks ok. but haven't done a good check on the tyres.

What offset of your rims? may be fine if +40 to +45 with 225 tyres.

crunkman99
09-12-2008, 12:53 PM
im not sure on the offset, but they are dolce dc 12 18x17.5 with 225/45/18 tyres. i want to lower mine alot, at least 5cm so part of the wheel is being covered, im not sure what is involved and the pricing for it is.

Accord Basic
09-12-2008, 02:31 PM
then I think you better check the space inside and outside. make sure when you lowered the car, it didn't damage any other parts (tyres, suspensions and linkage at rear). sure your plastic guide/cover need to be removed for the super lowering height. Thanks

crunkman99
09-12-2008, 04:32 PM
cheers man

The X Man
09-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Bugger, my CL9 is starting to tramline like a mofo. Does a wheel alignment fix this issue or is it more Honda crap i have to put up with?

tony1234
10-12-2008, 06:15 AM
Bugger, my CL9 is starting to tramline like a mofo. Does a wheel alignment fix this issue or is it more Honda crap i have to put up with?
A proper alignment will improve it but the Euros are prone to tramlining.

crunkman99
10-12-2008, 03:56 PM
what do u mean by tramlineing?

Type R Positive
10-12-2008, 04:00 PM
basically pulling left or right.

aaronng
10-12-2008, 04:05 PM

Car follows grooves on the road.

SPQR
10-12-2008, 10:14 PM

If you wish to cure it and assuming you have the 17" wheels, fit 205/50R17 tyres instead of 225/45R17. It worked on my car that used to tramline very badly.

The X Man
11-12-2008, 10:26 PM
If you wish to cure it and assuming you have the 17" wheels, fit 205/50R17 tyres instead of 225/45R17. It worked on my car that used to tramline very badly.

Hmm. That's less rubber on the road and poorer handling. Might have to make that sacrifice or better yet get rid of the Honda. It's one problem after another.

SPQR
11-12-2008, 10:51 PM
^^ I haven't noticed much difference in the handling. But it has definitely cured the tramlining.

tony1234
12-12-2008, 06:10 AM
Hmm. That's less rubber on the road and poorer handling. Might have to make that sacrifice or better yet get rid of the Honda. It's one problem after another.
You'll need to get rid of those shit RE040 tyres for a start,then a good alignment will get rid of most of the tramlining.I changed my tyres the day after i bought the car.I'm running Conti Sport Contact 2s(3s soon!).

The X Man
14-12-2008, 10:38 PM
You'll need to get rid of those shit RE040 tyres for a start,then a good alignment will get rid of most of the tramlining.I changed my tyres the day after i bought the car.I'm running Conti Sport Contact 2s(3s soon!).

Are they quieter then the RE040's?

tony1234
15-12-2008, 06:17 AM
Are they quieter then the RE040's?
Yes they are.I've got 47k on them now but for the last 3-5K they've been a bit noisy.I've got a set of CSC3s in the garage,am changing them tomorrow.

Crapdaz
15-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Yes they are.I've got 47k on them now but for the last 3-5K they've been a bit noisy.I've got a set of CSC3s in the garage,am changing them tomorrow.
TONY YOU CAN PUT YOUR OWN TYRES ON??? hahah

aren't contisports overrated?
heard they are a bit soft on the sidewalls similiar to pirelli, too much flex.

tony1234
15-12-2008, 04:08 PM
TONY YOU CAN PUT YOUR OWN TYRES ON??? hahah

aren't contisports overrated?
heard they are a bit soft on the sidewalls similiar to pirelli, too much flex.
Nah,course not.Going to Bob Jane Tempe to get them put on.:p.The sidewalls are a bit soft but i was told to put 40psi all round and it'll be good.I got them cheap,brand new with the stickers still on them,$285 a corner.

revivor
15-12-2008, 09:26 PM

I just changed my tyres to the Sumitomo Ziii. Had a wheel alignment, and now all the tramlining is gone. thought it was due to the tyre wear. Steering now has much lighter feel and the steering doesn't take over when going over uneven rds.
A happy euro owner now :wave:

tony1234
16-12-2008, 06:29 AM
The tramlining seems to be caused by a combination of the RE040 tyres and wheel alignment.alignment alone improves it but doesn't get rid of it totally,same as changing the tyres and not doing an alignment.The RE040s don't seem to suit the Euro,they appear to add to the cars tendency to tramline particularly after they get a few Ks on them.:confused:

The X Man
17-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Your not wrong there. Any suggestions for a very quiet tyre that does suit the Euro that is not too expensive?

revivor
17-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Your not wrong there. Any suggestions for a very quiet tyre that does suit the Euro that is not too expensive?

Sumitomo HTR ZIII :thumbsup:

Accord Basic
19-12-2008, 09:04 AM
sorry what do you mean tramlining? the car didn't go straight?

Crapdaz
19-12-2008, 09:15 AM
when u hit the bump the car goes in the direction of the bump and it tracks along with the camber of the road.

The X Man
19-12-2008, 10:08 AM
In other words you fight to keep the car going in a straight line. Your forever compensating with the steering wheel.

The X Man
19-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Sumitomo HTR ZIII :thumbsup:

They get good reviews, thats for sure but trying to find them in this country town called "Adelaide" seems an impossibility!

Crapdaz
19-12-2008, 10:21 AM
In other words you fight to keep the car going in a straight line. Your forever compensating with the steering wheel.

+++++1
i was driving last friday on the M5 coming home back from the city hit a flooded section on the highway left lane and it almost sent the car into the side cement wall.

Type R Positive
19-12-2008, 03:44 PM
+++++1
i was driving last friday on the M5 coming home back from the city hit a flooded section on the highway left lane and it almost sent the car into the side cement wall.
Lol! :p
That is not tramlining.

Crapdaz
19-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Lol! :p
That is not tramlining.
yeh i know it wasn't never said it was..... ;)

but yeh i find my car works out my arm controlling tramlining anyhow.

tony1234
19-12-2008, 06:14 PM
They get good reviews, thats for sure but trying to find them in this country town called "Adelaide" seems an impossibility!
Can't they order them in for you?

Crapdaz
23-12-2008, 07:32 PM
hey guys,

sorry to bend this thread off topic but still about alignment on the euro.
If your car is the same height in both application BUT your using a +43 offset wheel and another set of +50 offset wheel interchanging.

My Question is that does the offset of the wheels affect the alignment of the car or should it still be the same but just positioning of where the wheel sits on the hub?

Type R Positive
23-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Same. The angles don't change.

Crapdaz
23-12-2008, 10:09 PM
cheers mate, i know it was a stupid question but wanted a clarification.:p

SPQR
23-12-2008, 10:48 PM

The Scrub Radius changes with the incorrect wheel offset. This could exacerbate tramlining. Negative scrub radius is desirable for stability; especially where the surface on one side of the car has a different coefficient of friction ("mu" - pronounced 'moo'). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrub_radius

Crapdaz
24-12-2008, 01:56 PM
nice SPQR, thats what i thought and noticed on scrub radius/distances are slightly different. Found the camber was more noticeable with the higher offset than the lower ones.

.QD
27-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Anyone know of a place in the Blacktown area where I can get a wheel alignment/camber/toe adjustment, ones that have lowered cars in mind, so my car can make it up the ramp....

Otherwise I'm gonna have to goto Heasmans I think.

Crapdaz
27-12-2008, 01:46 PM
isnt there a peddars @ blacktown?

i know peddars have the flat alignment

felixd
03-02-2009, 11:12 AM
to get minimal rear tire wear what setting of toe alignment should the car have ?

power_of_dreams
11-05-2009, 05:36 PM
ffs, just got an alignment and they did a shite job. veering to the right pretty damn hard.

If I take my hands off the wheel the car will veer across, and not slowly, pretty damn fast.

aaronng
11-05-2009, 05:39 PM
ffs, just got an alignment and they did a shite job. veering to the right pretty damn hard.

If I take my hands off the wheel the car will veer across, and not slowly, pretty damn fast.

What's your before and after printout?

power_of_dreams
11-05-2009, 05:42 PM
What's your before and after printout?

did not get one (forgot to ask), but I showed them specs in the manual and they said it should be in their database already.
I am not sure if their database has the same specs.

FYI, this was done at a major tyre franchise.

tony1234
11-05-2009, 05:42 PM

Yeah.that happened to me a year ago.took 3 goes at 2 separate places.should get 1 done now but am scared they'll fcuk it up again and i'll have to go through the same shit again.:thumbdwn:.Is the Euro so hard to do an alignment on?:confused:

power_of_dreams
11-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Yeah.that happened to me a year ago.took 3 goes at 2 separate places.should get 1 done now but am scared they'll fcuk it up again and i'll have to go through the same shit again.:thumbdwn:.Is the Euro so hard to do an alignment on?:confused:

my alignment was slightly to the right before alignment, now its even more to the right :thumbdwn:

I'll be taking it back to the same franchise, but a different location.

How many times did they make you pay, because I'm defo not paying for another one.

tony1234
11-05-2009, 05:58 PM
my alignment was slightly to the right before alignment, now its even more to the right :thumbdwn:

I'll be taking it back to the same franchise, but a different location.

How many times did they make you pay, because I'm defo not paying for another one.
1st.place was hopeless,gave up and got it redone at the 2nd.place.They fixed it 1st.go.Main problem is if you get a useless aligner you'll be going back and they'll never get it exactly right.I'd been going to the same place for years with no problems,then they changed aligners then my problems started.

power_of_dreams
11-05-2009, 06:00 PM
1st.place was hopeless,gave up and got it redone at the 2nd.place.They fixed it 1st.go.Main problem is if you get a useless aligner you'll be going back and they'll never get it exactly right.I'd been going to the same place for years with no problems,then they changed aligners then my problems started.

that's why I'm taking it back to the same franchise, but a different outlet! :thumbsup:

doosra
11-05-2009, 07:23 PM
go to tyreland .. it's near TODA (wetherill park). I get my alignment done there and he gives you a before and after printout and explains everything. $60 for full wheel alignment.. Highly recommended

aaronng
11-05-2009, 07:26 PM
did not get one (forgot to ask), but I showed them specs in the manual and they said it should be in their database already.
I am not sure if their database has the same specs.

FYI, this was done at a major tyre franchise.

Get the printout. The printout is proof that the alignment was carried out and the toe adjusted.

If you find the camber out of spec, then it can cause veering to the side on perfectly flat road.

power_of_dreams
11-05-2009, 07:26 PM
go to tyreland .. it's near TODA (wetherill park). I get my alignment done there and he gives you a before and after printout and explains everything. $60 for full wheel alignment.. Highly recommended

$60 is pretty pricey these days.
I'm not from NSW anyway.

aaronng
11-05-2009, 07:27 PM
$60 is pretty pricey these days.
I'm not from NSW anyway.

$60 is the normal price in Sydney. Nothing is cheap here anymore.

If you pay peanuts, you'll get monkeys. I pay with even more peanuts, but at least I get a gorilla.

doosra
11-05-2009, 07:32 PM
hey aaron, is your car lowered.. ? i don't think i've actually seen pics of your euro.. can you post.. ?

i'm thinking of dropping my rear coilovers a bit further down, cause now that i've got 20's, the car is sitting about an inch higher off the ground.. I just got a wheel alignment.. would i need to get another wheel alignment when i lower the coilovers a further inch.. ?

I'm also assuming I will have more negative camber? I really don't want to be spending another $60 to align again..

power_of_dreams
11-05-2009, 10:17 PM
$60 is the normal price in Sydney. Nothing is cheap here anymore.

If you pay peanuts, you'll get monkeys. I pay with even more peanuts, but at least I get a gorilla.

pay peanuts get monkeys vs value for money, depends how you want to see it!

aaronng
11-05-2009, 11:02 PM
hey aaron, is your car lowered.. ? i don't think i've actually seen pics of your euro.. can you post.. ?

i'm thinking of dropping my rear coilovers a bit further down, cause now that i've got 20's, the car is sitting about an inch higher off the ground.. I just got a wheel alignment.. would i need to get another wheel alignment when i lower the coilovers a further inch.. ?

I'm also assuming I will have more negative camber? I really don't want to be spending another $60 to align again..

Everytime you lower your car, you have to get a rear alignment done. Most places will charge you the same price for a 2 wheel and 4 wheel alignment.

My car looks stock, but lowering by only 1 inch caused my rear camber to go from -1.0 to -3.5 on one side and about -3.0 on the other, which caused the car to pull to the side when driving on flat road.

doosra
11-05-2009, 11:04 PM
so i assume that if i decide to lower my car again.. i should fork out for another wheel alignment. damn these wheel alignments ! lol...

jyh888
11-05-2009, 11:12 PM
how about if you have already lowered your car and decide to raise it slightly, does that require another wheel alignment?

Crapdaz
12-05-2009, 07:26 AM
Yes because it's not perfect, it will put the angle out again in camber + toe.

$60 is considered cheap in an alignment, if you go peddars or heasmans they charge you $110.

aaronng
12-05-2009, 08:20 AM
pay peanuts get monkeys vs value for money, depends how you want to see it!

Yes that is true. My gorilla actually sets my front and rear alignment the the exact spec that I want, and he does it in front of me and explains why my alignment is out of spec as well as tells me when my camber kit is at its limitations and deforming the bushing. All this for no extra cost over the standard price he charges everyone else.

aaronng
12-05-2009, 08:21 AM
how about if you have already lowered your car and decide to raise it slightly, does that require another wheel alignment?

Yes, like Crapdaz said. The biggest effect will be on the rear camber and toe. So best to set your height to one that you are happy with, and then only do you do the alignment.

Crapdaz
12-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Yes that is true. My gorilla actually sets my front and rear alignment the the exact spec that I want, and he does it in front of me and explains why my alignment is out of spec as well as tells me when my camber kit is at its limitations and deforming the bushing. All this for no extra cost over the standard price he charges everyone else.
Which gorilla do you go to?

aaronng
12-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Which gorilla do you go to?

Bridgestone tyre centre in blacktown

Crapdaz
12-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Bridgestone tyre centre in blacktown
they got a flat drive on alignment machine or ramp up?

aaronng
12-05-2009, 12:56 PM
they got a flat drive on alignment machine or ramp up?

It's a ramp and hoist.

10KRPM
12-05-2009, 06:33 PM
hmmm i know this might be a moot point seeing as im up for new tyres in a few months but with the car at the moment there seems to be a looseness on the front right side wheel when turning....like a micro second difference. Almost feels like the wheel is loose? Just wondering if it is an alignment issue or an indication of something else. The front right tyre also loses the most air pressure weekly. eg pump all to 38...mid to late week....front right is 35, rest is still 38.

Crapdaz
13-05-2009, 10:17 AM
hmmm i know this might be a moot point seeing as im up for new tyres in a few months but with the car at the moment there seems to be a looseness on the front right side wheel when turning....like a micro second difference. Almost feels like the wheel is loose? Just wondering if it is an alignment issue or an indication of something else. The front right tyre also loses the most air pressure weekly. eg pump all to 38...mid to late week....front right is 35, rest is still 38.
you checked whether you have a puncture in your tyre?
that delay could be from tyre pressure, how do you know it's a delay?

aaronng
13-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Check your suspension bushings.

NDU19E
13-05-2009, 01:08 PM
buy a white euro.. thatll fix it :P

power_of_dreams
13-05-2009, 07:09 PM
buy a white euro.. thatll fix it :P

rofl, you keep telling yourself that

10KRPM
13-05-2009, 08:31 PM
hmmm yeah might be a slow leak. Have had honda check out the steering when it was last in service due to the wife hitting several curbs quite hard. They didnt find anything wrong. Its only lately that ive noticed the "delay" in the front right side. Only reason i notice it is that to get out of our garage you have to reverse to the right and then straighten out to get onto the road. The full turns is where i notice the looseness when turning the steering wheel left and then right.

power_of_dreams
15-05-2009, 05:20 PM
got the alignment redone, judging by printout the rear toe was causing the veering to the right.

after 1st alignment left and right rear toe was +3.4 and +2.5mm respectively, after 2nd alignment left and right rear toe was +0.8 and +0.9mm respectively.

also had some slight adjustments to front and rear camber, front castor, and front toe.

aaronng
15-05-2009, 05:24 PM
got the alignment redone, judging by printout the rear toe was causing the veering to the right.

after 1st alignment left and right rear toe was +3.4 and +2.5mm respectively, after 2nd alignment left and right rear toe was +0.8 and +0.9mm respectively.

also had some slight adjustments to front and rear camber, front castor, and front toe.

Damn! The guy who did the 1st alignment was slacking off!

power_of_dreams
15-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Damn! The guy who did the 1st alignment was slacking off!

not surprised.
they were lagging and it was near closing time.

ricsvtr
17-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Hi guys, just had a wheel alignment done to rectify some rear inner tyre wear and my rear toe was set to +2.2mm and +2.6mm (left/right respectively). I believe the factory specification for rear toe is 2.0mm each side? I was told that they increased the toe in order to counteract the negative camber I had in the rear wheels (around -1.5 deg).

Does this sound reasonable or was it just a sloppy alignment job?