PDA

View Full Version : Lovell VS king springs

I heart the SSS
29-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Well looks as if I've had a change in heart bout coilovers..

As the car might be sold soon, i still feel like lowering the car (It'll help it sell quicker and i'm desperate for money)

Now the key issue is.. Lovell DC2 springs VS new set of kings..

Outta both these brands, which is the better brand?

I was thinking Lovell... As i heard some bad shit bout kings

Any insight

Props to all,

J

Zdster
29-05-2008, 06:51 PM
As the car might be sold soon, i still feel like lowering the car (It'll help it sell quicker and i'm desperate for money)

So you need money and think that spending more money will help sell the car?

Have you thought about who the target market is that you will the car to? I think you should just leave it as is and try and sell it.

I heart the SSS
29-05-2008, 06:53 PM
It's 100 dollars, I've already had someone say "i would give you 5,500 if it was lowered"

I mean wtf, it's ****ing insanely stupid but i guess that's how some people think.

I could be 4 weeks before it sells, i wouldn't mind spending that much.

Just a idea to bump the sale..

P.S The target market is huge for this kind of car, But i presume it will be sold to someone who is young and will use it as a project / or a daily, so lowering springs may promote the sale?

hisoka
29-05-2008, 08:55 PM
well for 100 bucks you might aswell man, trust me it will sell way quicker lol cause it look cooler you know~

but yer to answer you question i dont know anything about lovells or kings lol but kings are very popular these days and you can get them pretty low, if kings and lovells are same price then i doubt theyll be to much diff bro!~

GRU53M
29-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Lovells for sure over Kings, i have lovells as my other setup and have had no problems at all, kings tend to be a lot more bouncier then other springs.But im now running coilovers and loving them as much as the Koni/lovelly package i had in it before.

MDL30N
29-05-2008, 10:37 PM
look into dobinsons aswell

kairi_k
31-05-2008, 04:32 AM
dobinsons =) good choice! out of the two u specified.. Lovells for sure, king springs are prolly cheaper but the Lovells well worth the price difference.. im looking to get a set too

EG3B16
31-05-2008, 11:35 AM
dobinson FTW!

thats what i have on mine..

egSi
31-05-2008, 02:46 PM
i vote kings but i have never used either other brands. I had them with konis (even on track) and went well :thumbsup:

goodluck finding someone who has used both and REALLY has a valid opinion to express. be careful who u listen to ;)

EG30
01-06-2008, 05:33 AM
very happy with my kings low on my EG given the low price, together with koni sports, ride quality is just how i like it and handles very well on the street and autokhanas on street tyres.

yes they sag, got an extra 1 deg of neg camber since i installed them 2 years ago. no prob with scrapping underbody or bottoming out as yet, though i wont want them sag any further.

zapantalambda
12-11-2012, 10:55 PM
very happy with my kings low on my EG given the low price, together with koni sports, ride quality is just how i like it and handles very well on the street and autokhanas on street tyres.

yes they sag, got an extra 1 deg of neg camber since i installed them 2 years ago. no prob with scrapping underbody or bottoming out as yet, though i wont want them sag any further.

ey mate, so you have KONI shocks + King springs combination yeh?
did you drop your EG height? how low and whats the height in terms of measurement?

dougie_504
13-11-2012, 09:11 AM
People hang shit on King springs and I wonder what try are expecting from a product $240 brand new. It's not a coilover setup for $1,300. It will lower the car fine and you won't lose much comfort in daily driving. Should handle marginally better with a lower centre of gravity.

Lowering springs are just for lowering, seriously. If you want performance then look at shocks, sway bars and bushes. Nothing wrong with King springs from my personal experience...