PDA

View Full Version : [CU2] 2009 Euro Launch for Ozhonda members in melb!

UNLS1
30-05-2008, 03:53 PM
This is for MELBOURNE VICTORIA MEMBERS

As the title says we are having the 2009 Euro Accord Launch at out dealership and are inviting you Ozhonda members to come and check it out in the flesh in a private viewing!

It will be held on Thursday the 19th of June starting at 6:45 for 7pm start.
We will have all the new models on display, up on hoists ect for u to have a good look at it in our service department after hours.

Also planned for the night is the following

-2009 Euro presentation by David Mackenzie (Honda Australia's national trainer)
-Test your driving skill on the Honda F1 driving simulator & win prizes
- Discover Waterless Car Washing with Eco Wash Car Cleaning
- Become immortalised with a caracature from cartoonist Adrian Osborne (hes draws u sitting in the honda f1 car)
- Taste the fruits of the Kings of Kangaroo Ground & Ridgeback Wines
- Bring your Business Card for entry to our fabulous door prize
- Light Food & Refreshments will be provided

When? Thursday 19th of June @ 6.45pm for a 7.00pm start
Where? Courtney & Patterson Honda Service Department. 10 Yarra Street, Heidelberg. (behind the dealership)

If you would like to attend please PM me or call me on 9287 1567 by June the 16th as it is invite only.
There will be NO test drives on the night.

If you have any other questions please post up or PM me! It will be a good chance to see the new euro up close and personal before the public release!

It will also be a good night to meet some of you guys too! :wave:

Cheers James:honda:

EuroAccord13
30-05-2008, 04:02 PM
NOTE:
This thread has been approved by the Moderating Committee.

tony1234
30-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Sounds good,pity i'm in sydney.Do you know of anything like this for Sydney?

UNLS1
30-05-2008, 04:40 PM
not sure, u should ring around.

Oh soz about the spelling mistake, its been a long day
** mods pls fix launch in the heading pls!

Suntzu
31-05-2008, 12:27 AM
What STATE FFS?

drezy
31-05-2008, 02:01 AM
What STATE FFS?

fyi heidelberg is in melb

Type R Positive
31-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Damn... Sounds like fun.
I've been thinking about jumping in the new model, the interior looks heaps better.

krogoth
31-05-2008, 06:22 AM

thats wat i thought

but theyr could be heidelburgs in sydney, Bris, adelaide or perth

mite come down and have a squiz if i have the time to spare

UNLS1
31-05-2008, 08:57 AM
thats wat i thought

but theyr could be heidelburgs in sydney, Bris, adelaide or perth

mite come down and have a squiz if i have the time to spare

in the title it says MELB

krogoth
31-05-2008, 01:12 PM
oh soz man

i was 3/4 asleep when i made that post

will pm u if i can make it

LXRY
31-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Damn.....will be in malaysia ):

IVTECS4
31-05-2008, 05:02 PM
I can come along... I'll pm you sometime to confirm. :) Before the deadline of course lol

kitbkk
01-06-2008, 12:31 AM
cant come. gotta a lill project on my car from 17th to 20th.
btw I saw one one road tonight. looks very nice. never knew its already for sale?

Euro76
01-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Yay I love Melbourne! :D ...and that's not too far from my house either. I will definitely come if I don't have something to do that night. I'll PM you UNSL1 for confirmation before the deadline. If you don't hear from me then it means I cannot come, but thanks for invitation.

SPQR
01-06-2008, 11:11 PM

You lucky buggers! Great job UNSL1!

BTW:

"Heidelberg is a city in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. As of 2005, 140,000 people live within the city's 109 km² (42 miles²) area....." - Wikipedia

And I thought only South-Oztrayah had German place names!

power_of_dreams
02-06-2008, 12:35 AM
James, just wondering what your position at C&P is.

rusty
02-06-2008, 09:22 AM
James, in this private preview, will we find out the price of the new Euro?

UNLS1
02-06-2008, 08:12 PM
hi blokes, soz been in brisbane.

we will have the pricing at the preview. ill get back to all ur PMs when im back at work when i update my list.

maracer
02-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Sounds good;)

UNLS1
03-06-2008, 10:35 AM
ok so far we have

YFIN
RENDEVOUS +2
IVTECS4
E-GENE +2
MUGEN 88

euro77
03-06-2008, 08:50 PM
add me to the list + my wife

Dilan
03-06-2008, 09:13 PM
we will have the pricing at the preview. i
Any chance of pricing being released by honda before this preview?

UNLS1
04-06-2008, 09:40 AM
yes, i found it out yesterday but have been told i cant say anything.
Its very VERY reasonable.
It will prob be out soon anyways

rusty
04-06-2008, 10:25 AM

Well, I hope the price is not too expensive. The new Mazda6 asking price is a bit too much I think.
Here is one thread from mazda forum. Many mazda fans also think the new 6 is too expensive.
http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forum/6-626-discussion/5843-new-6-sales-stats.html

I would love to see the new euro price lower than the previous oneconsidering our $ is a lot higher today (but I'm probably dreaming)

Dilan
04-06-2008, 10:29 AM

Ahh cheers, thanks for that! Now to just play the waiting game.

Atjo
04-06-2008, 02:28 PM
I also invited by John Blair Honda on June 20th but i still at overseas until 22th. Well, i'm gonna miss this one.

kitbkk
04-06-2008, 03:30 PM
same as me Dan. I got the invite from John Blair in my mailbox today. I am also gonna miss it coz my car will be getting audio gear installed. I saw the new euro on princes freeway last couple of days and it looks pretty good.

Atjo
04-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Can't wait to see your audio :)

industrie
04-06-2008, 08:04 PM
i was driving behind the new euro a few days ago...looks wider and slightly larger otherwise looks similar to the current one...

panda[cRx]
05-06-2008, 11:27 AM
fyi all the melb dealers are expecting the new model at the same time and will be having similar launch nights :)

UNLS1
10-06-2008, 08:58 AM
list update

YFIN
RENDEVOUS +2
IVTECS4
E-GENE +2
MUGEN 88
EURO 77

ahefara
10-06-2008, 02:21 PM
I am a Honda Euro Fan and have been waiting too damned long for this new Euro Accord.

Walked into a Honda dealer today. They are taking orders for the new Euro Accord. Apparently have been taking some orders as far back as 6 months ago. Gave me a price for the the following:

Euro Lxry with Sat Nav $44,990 RRP AT
Euro Lxry with Sat Nav $43,990 RRP MT
Euro Lxry AT $41,990
Euro Lxy MT $40,990.

We have been given a drive away price of $45,984 drive away price for the new yet to be released 2009 Euro Lxry AT with Mats and Boot Tray.

First shipment has (or had) 2000 Euros for distribution.

Can anyone else walk into a dealer and get similar prices?

rusty
10-06-2008, 02:42 PM
I am a Honda Euro Fan and have been waiting too damned long for this new Euro Accord.

Walked into a Honda dealer today. They are taking orders for the new Euro Accord. Apparently have been taking some orders as far back as 6 months ago. Gave me a price for the the following:

Euro Lxry with Sat Nav $44,990 RRP AT
Euro Lxry with Sat Nav $43,990 RRP MT
Euro Lxry AT $41,990
Euro Lxy MT $40,990.

We have been given a drive away price of $45,984 drive away price for the new yet to be released 2009 Euro Lxry AT with Mats and Boot Tray.

First shipment has (or had) 2000 Euros for distribution.

Can anyone else walk into a dealer and get similar prices?

What's the price for standard Euro?

tony1234
10-06-2008, 03:25 PM
What's the price for standard Euro?
From the Lux prices posted above i'd say the Std.model would be close to the outgoing model minus free stamp duty, rego,CTP etc.that is being offered at the moment.

UNLS1
10-06-2008, 08:34 PM
these prices are on the money +ORC, that will differ from state to state.
ive had my drive away price list for 2 weeks now.

Drew
10-06-2008, 11:41 PM
So any word on the station wagon or diesel motor?

That is the only way I'm buying a new Honda/car

UNLS1
18-06-2008, 10:35 AM
just an update, the night is looking to be a bit bigger than expected, we now have 120 confirmed guests!

EuroAccord13
18-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Do OzHonda members get VIP parking there? :D..
Looks like it is going to be a good event! See ya all there!

UNLS1
18-06-2008, 05:00 PM
lol id get there early for a park or park in our ford or honda car parks

EuroAccord13
18-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Mmmm.. Don't think I can be there any earlier than 7 LOL!

IVTECS4
18-06-2008, 05:29 PM
I'll be there on time... hmm have to leave early to avoid traffic jams..

UNLS1
18-06-2008, 10:17 PM
as i said, just park in the honda car park round on bell/banksia st or go to the ford one off dora st if ur there around 7 or just after!
Euros arrived today, lol the F1 honda car arrives tom morn

panda[cRx]
19-06-2008, 01:12 AM
travis honda in frankston is having their euro launch night on the 24th of june.
call 9786-1022 during business hours or pm me to rsvp :)

UNLS1
19-06-2008, 08:45 AM
why so late?

N3M3SIS
19-06-2008, 09:49 AM
just if you guys wanna have a look at a website with the new euro, although some different varients

www.honda.co.uk has the new euro under the name accord saloon EX
but doesnt offer the 2.4 engine in base trim, only lux

EuroAccord13
19-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Sorry James, won't be able to make it tonight due to last minute work problems with my overseas counterparts.

Will pop by and speak to you another time.... :)

yfin
19-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the invite to this - it was great! I am tempted by this new model after the presentation from the product trainer. And the price on the standard of $32,990 + ORC is really great! Luxury manual is $39,990+ORC. +2000 for auto. Good pricing I think.

Lots of improvements on the old model as demonstrated by the detail the product trainer went through with us.

Need a test drive now! Apparently the new model is faster than the old one (despite the weight increase) due to shorter gearing, 148kw, electric steering, more torque as well as high cam VTEC set lower at around 5300rpm. Fuel consumption is 8.9 combined - 0.5 lower than the current model.

interestingly the auto has slightly lower torque - 230nm vs 234nm for the 6mt. Unsprung weight is improved due to the use of more alloy (i think the trainer said the hubs are now alloy compared to the old model?).

Larger rims and brakes is nice as well is the 10 speaker stereo with sub woofer even on the standard, aux input standard for mp3. Air con glove box, strut brace, shorter throw on the gearshift.

Apparently handling is much improved -significantly flatter than the current model around corners due to lower centre of gravity, and a much stiffer chassis (car is also lower to the ground). Revised camber and castor settings all round.

I asked about a sport model - it will not be available for 2 years until the model 'refresh'.

I also asked about wanting more power like the K23 turbo. Unfortunately there is no more power coming. If anything the trainer said Honda is looking at a trend towards lower power due to chasing better fuel consumption figures.

The car is also significantly quieter on the road as honda has increased the sound deadening. The interior noise levels are less than a 3 series BMW.

Some additionals whilst I remember - memory seats on the luxury, parking sensors, dipping mirrors, reversing camera with sat nav model. Curtain airbags even on standard model now.

some facts from the brochure
Kerb weight 1525 manual standard - auto 1555
Kerb weight 1570 euro lux mt - auto 1605!!! Big increase in weight....My old manual was 1375kg.

Overall - excellent value for the money and made in Japan. I know people say that the Thai models are just as good - but lets see which Accord holds up better in 10 years time. New model is bloody good value for the money - now just need to drive it.

edit --- some more facts.. The luxury has 18x8 rims but only a space saver in the boot due to the size of the rim. The standard has 17" rims but a full size spare. This makes the boot slightly smaller in the standard. Overall I don't see the boot being significantly different to the old model - this one is 467 litres versus the capacity of 418 on the old model. (I think the boot size of 467 litres is a mistake as the wide body accord is listed as 450 litres and I have seen this wide body accord boot and it is huge compared to the euro...)

A diesel may well be on the way - but is manual only at the moment.

Interior trim colour for all models is now black - there is no cream interior anymore.

SPQR
19-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks yfin. It sounds really good and worth the wait. No cars in Darwin yet. They'll probably turn up two weeks from now given that the new Accord appeared here two weeks after everywhere else in Oz. Having said that, I'd better check the dealership tomorrow!

euro77
19-06-2008, 09:56 PM
I concur with yfin, it looks great, seems to have all the things you want in a car. the boot in the std euro looks ugly though with the raised floor.

just to add, luxury with navi is $42,990 + ORC. Tyre size on luxury is 235/45R18 and std is 225/50R17. A-pillar is smaller so increased visibility.

Oh and I thought the VTEC point is 5,400 rpm not 5,300rpm?

yfin
19-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Oh and I thought the VTEC point is 5,400 rpm not 5,300rpm?

Not sure - it was one of the two. Sure is better than 6000rpm.

How good is that instrument cluster? Very nice.

euro77
19-06-2008, 10:03 PM
it is very nice. i love the interior, and i'm sure the exterior will pretty much grow on me. Don't get me wrong, I think it looks good from outside, just takes time to get used to it.

IVTECS4
19-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Man the car was absolutely stunning... I loved both the euro standard and luxury variants... I rocked up there early , yfin and euro77 did you guys go there as well?

The new Euro has a cramped(comparing to the CL9) engine bay and it had bigger rear brakes and the front had 2 pot calipers... the fuel tank lid was smart as well - just push it and it pops out and while it is stationary of course.

the 5 speed auto has some pretty cool features like shift hold and the ability to use the paddles to knock back a gear to compliment the speed limit while in Drive and the computer's nifty feature sensing the transmission's mode - eg if sequential is not needed then it will go back to drive etc... ah anyway yfin and euro77 had already explained it. :p

yfin
19-06-2008, 10:29 PM
the 5 speed auto has some pretty cool features like shift hold etc... ah anyway yfin and euro77 had already explained it. :p

Nah i didn't explain the auto really as it doesn't interest me so much but yeah it has paddle shifters and holds the same gear when it senses the car is cornering, etc.

SPQR
19-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Hey UNLS1, any chance that you could post full details of the equipment for each version?

yfin
19-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Hey UNLS1, any chance that you could post full details of the equipment for each version?

the vehicle is being released on monday so i am sure you can download the full brochure in a few days from the honda website.

SPQR
19-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Nah i didn't explain the auto really as it doesn't interest me so much but yeah it has paddle shifters and holds the same gear when it senses the car is cornering, etc.

You shouldn't write-off the auto too quickly; especially now that it has paddle shifters. I've owned manuals including a Laser TX3 Turbo, a Mazda GTX (turbo AWD) and an MY97 WRX and I can say that in a city, an auto is quicker point to point. I've said this before and incurred the wrath of those that wouldn't consider an auto.

I used to know one of Australia's champion drag racers when I lived in Adelaide. He held the record in his class and his car was a two speed auto! He used to say all the time that when you've only got a short distance to travel (400m), you don't have time to bother with shifting gears.

There is no doubt that something as underpowered as the Euro is useless as an auto in a drag race; but point to point real world driving is something else.

SPQR
19-06-2008, 10:46 PM
the vehicle is being released on monday so i am sure you can download the full brochure in a few days from the honda website.

So why did you guys go to see the car tonight when you could wait 'til Monday for all to see? Probably the same reason why I would like the equipment details before Monday. I only asked UNLS1. I would accept him saying no because I asked him.

In any case, I appreciate the information that you posted before because I won't get to see the car for probably two weeks: Darwin is the last place that Honda remembers to supply cars to.

Drew
19-06-2008, 10:50 PM
It looked pretty good, keen for a test drive this weekend

Probably looking to buy around August though

Thanks for that James

yfin
19-06-2008, 10:52 PM
You shouldn't write-off the auto too quickly; especially now that it has paddle shifters. I've owned manuals including a Laser TX3 Turbo, a Mazda GTX (turbo AWD) and an MY97 WRX and I can say that in a city, an auto is quicker point to point. I've said this before and incurred the wrath of those that wouldn't consider an auto.

I used to know one of Australia's champion drag racers when I lived in Adelaide. He held the record in his class and his car was a two speed auto! He used to say all the time that when you've only got a short distance to travel (400m), you don't have time to bother with shifting gears.

There is no doubt that something as underpowered as the Euro is useless as an auto in a drag race; but point to point real world driving is something else.

6 speed short ratio manual vs 5 speed auto is no contest in a car with such low torque. Flappy paddle shifters will not overcome the significant gearing advantage as well as the lower power at the wheels! If the new euro was a sharp and fast 6 speed auto then it may be quicker point to point - but this one is not. Think about where the majority of the power and torque is in the new euro. It is higher in the rev range rather than lower. So the 6 speed manual can find the "better" gear in more occassions to exploit the higher end (where the power and torque is) compared to a 5 speed auto with long gearing. I also expect that 2nd gear high cam vtec in the new model auto will again be over 100kph. Useless in the city...

Of course, the manual driver needs to know how to drive a manual properly...whereas the auto driver can be incompetent.

IVTECS4
19-06-2008, 10:54 PM
So why did you guys go to see the car tonight when you could wait 'til Monday for all to see? Probably the same reason why I would like the equipment details before Monday. I only asked UNLS1. I would accept him saying no because I asked him.

In any case, I appreciate the information that you posted before because I won't get to see the car for probably two weeks: Darwin is the last place that Honda remembers to supply cars to.

Well tonight's event was a sneak preview for ozhonda members whom were in melbourne and we had to tell UNLS1 - about coming along etc.. the best part about the event was having a GOOOOOOD Look at the cars themselves( in the flesh of course) and sit in em and test out various things( and comparing it to the CL9) and listen to the presentation which had in depth detail to the car itself... we also had a nifty "showbag" that came along well. So I reckon it was worthwhile going there. The turn out was big...

Cheers to James (UNLS1) for the invite.

ACE888
19-06-2008, 10:55 PM
With the 08 tax year coming to an end, it might be a good time to jump onto a novated lease on 1 July and get myself a new Euro!

Ps. Good timing as my Jazz just got written off!

Drew
19-06-2008, 10:58 PM
I got a cool carbon fiber pen :wave:

Plus it was nice to have a good look under the car as they had one nice and high on a hoist to look at...

IVTECS4
19-06-2008, 11:03 PM
I got a cool carbon fiber pen :wave:

Plus it was nice to have a good look under the car as they had one nice and high on a hoist to look at...

It was good to catch up with you again mate :D .

Drew
19-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Yeah for sure; but I think that there were a few more OZHonda people there that didn't come and say hi

yfin
20-06-2008, 06:19 AM
Yeah for sure; but I think that there were a few more OZHonda people there that didn't come and say hi

how did I not see you drew? :confused: too busy looking at the cars

Drew
20-06-2008, 07:04 AM
That because I'm really a ninja...

UNLS1
20-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks heaps for those that came along and for those that came and said hello!
If i didnt get to meet you and oneday ur drivin past the dealership, come in and have a coffee and say hi!

ill post up some pics today!

Jimmy

JunYu
20-06-2008, 12:52 PM
oh looking forward to the pictures~!

tony1234
20-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Had my car in this morning for some minor warranty work and while i was waiting got to check out both the std.and lux no sat.nav.Very nice.:thumbsup:Can't wait to drive one!The guy i spoke to raved about it.

UNLS1
20-06-2008, 01:50 PM
i took home the man one home last night, and had it out today i love it.
i think ill drive that for a while now.

tony1234
20-06-2008, 01:55 PM
i took home the man one home last night, and had it out today i love it.
i think ill drive that for a while now.
What's you impression on the new model and how does it drive compared to the current model........thx.

ACE888
20-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Can someone confirm this 09 Euro still takes on the premium juice?

MKI4EVA
20-06-2008, 04:59 PM
with the auto in the CL9 if you come into a corner hot in 3rd and shift down into 2nd to use engine braking it sometimes doesn't want to shift down due to rev being abit above redline in 2nd. Wonder if it's any different in the new auto?

Either way unless it's a twin clutch system the normal auto box systems are never any good for spirited driving.

UNLS1
20-06-2008, 05:00 PM
yes it does it takes a min 95.

its been about 9 months since my last man euro.
The wheel package is so much better and suits the car very well on the standard man ive been driving. The car is a little lower so the wheels really fill the guards and it doesnt look like such a 4x4!
Its smoother again, lots of my clients are saying it looks more than sporty and how the older model looks more classy.

i love the big guards it does look so much more masculine and i think it will appeal to more younger people instead of the older people.

The grear shift is fantastic a much shorter shift than the CL9. I havnt had a good chance to try out the handling and from what ive been told its suppossed to be very impressive. Ill take it out in the hills on the weekend me thinks.

I love the 10 speaker premium sound. love my music and love the stereo to bits. As im 6'3" i need some room to be comfy, these seats are now my fav seats out of all the honda range, they are much wider and hold u so much better! lol but there is still no chance u will sit behind me if ur tallish!

i cant think of much more to say as ive only drivin it on 3 short trips. ill report back after the weekend!

euro77
20-06-2008, 09:45 PM
new euro website is up and running now: http://euro.honda.com.au/

Drew
20-06-2008, 09:45 PM
As im 6'3" i need some room to be comfy, these seats are now my fav seats out of all the honda range, they are much wider and hold u so much better! lol but there is still no chance u will sit behind me if ur tallish!

Agree and disagree...

I'm a touch taller than you are, and I can still sit comfortably in the back with the front seat suited to my driving position.

Very comfy on both accounts, front and back

yfin
21-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks euro77 for the web site - sports grill looks good!

http://webservices.honda.com.au/resources.ashx/Accessories/61/ImageZoom/735151AEE177A3EF806D9973FB057675/access_09.jpg?rand=672137122

Aero bumper and sports grill!

http://webservices.honda.com.au/resources.ashx/Accessories/53/ImageZoom/9F7BF9D341A4889E8504D4FA7126C377/access_01.jpg?rand=104493378

By the way - they got the torque and graph curve wrong - they mix up torque with power - noobs.

centurionau
21-06-2008, 09:08 AM
I am sure that sports grille will be very popular as the first mod most owners get.

tony1234
21-06-2008, 10:18 AM
I am sure that sports grille will be very popular as the first mod most owners get.
Agreed.The stock grille looks shit AGAIN.

centurionau
21-06-2008, 10:25 AM
What is the new model called given the previous was CL9?

aaronng
21-06-2008, 11:22 AM
with the auto in the CL9 if you come into a corner hot in 3rd and shift down into 2nd to use engine braking it sometimes doesn't want to shift down due to rev being abit above redline in 2nd. Wonder if it's any different in the new auto?

Either way unless it's a twin clutch system the normal auto box systems are never any good for spirited driving.
If it is not letting you go into 2nd because the revs will end up above redline in 2nd, then it is MEANT TO DO THAT! Even on the new one! Otherwise, you'll end up overrevving the engine! Even the DSG doesn't let you do that!

aaronng
21-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Agree and disagree...

I'm a touch taller than you are, and I can still sit comfortably in the back with the front seat suited to my driving position.

Very comfy on both accounts, front and back

Depends on the ratio of your leg length to your height. I can't sit behind myself comfortably in the old Euro, and I am only 6' 2". It's the legs. If you have a long torso and shorter legs, you'll fit comfortably.

krogoth
21-06-2008, 02:36 PM
lankinessssss, lol

SPQR
21-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Depends on the ratio of your leg length to your height. I can't sit behind myself comfortably in the old Euro, and I am only 6' 2". It's the legs. If you have a long torso and shorter legs, you'll fit comfortably.

The ratio thing is so true. I do that test as well where you set the driver's seat up for yourself and then you move to the back seat. I don't fit in the new Mazda 6 that way but I can fit in my Euro. However, I cannot usually sit behind myself at the same time. Are you really able to have two of your physical iterations present at the same time in the same universe? I suppose it is infinitely possible if you keep your eyes closed. It's only when you open your eyes that only one of the infinite possibilities becomes real.

aaronng
21-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Are you really able to have two of your physical iterations present at the same time in the same universe? I suppose it is infinitely possible if you keep your eyes closed. It's only when you open your eyes that only one of the infinite possibilities becomes real.
No, but you will get passengers who have longer legs than you. :p

SPQR
21-06-2008, 04:36 PM
No, but you will get passengers who have longer legs than you. :p

Yeah. When that happens though, they don't convert from pedestrian to passenger and they get left behind! My dad did that to his identical twin brother once (in 1952). Hmmm, maybe you can get two iterations in the same Universe.

Drew
21-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Initial thought is that the interior is fantastic, the layout is just so thoughtful, obviously a lot of time put into the planing...

The drive was somewhat mediocre, by no means bad. But I guess I somewhat expected a little bit more in terms of power. Overall very smooth and easy to drive.

Electronic Power Steering is a dream, I have it in my 99 Accord Wagon SiR. About time the Oz Euros got it

Will go for another drive soon, might give the normal Accord a go too

MangChi
22-06-2008, 04:02 AM
I finally got to see the new euro in flesh..albeit from outside the dealership window at 3am in the morning LOL..i was driving a mate home from a party and was in the area of the Courtney and Patterson dealership so i decided to detour.

Have to say in the flesh it looks much better than in pictures. It is a nice car, might ask James if i can test drive one later on lol. Kudos to Honda!

Type R Positive
22-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Have to say in the flesh it looks much better than in pictures. It is a nice car, might ask James if i can test drive one later on lol. Kudos to Honda!
Yeah, what is it about Honda's? The type R looks like poo in pictures but looks horn in the flesh!

The new euro looks sweet in the flesh too. The one I had a look at (and drive :p) had all old euros around it.

Type R Positive
22-06-2008, 08:02 AM
The luxury has 18x8 rims but only a space saver in the boot due to the size of the rim. The standard has 17" rims but a full size spare. The lux I had a look at had more than enough space for a full size! They had the space saver in there and a chunky tool kit sitting on top of it. Cost saving I thinks.....

UNLS1
22-06-2008, 03:31 PM
The lux I had a look at had more than enough space for a full size! They had the space saver in there and a chunky tool kit sitting on top of it. Cost saving I thinks.....

wrong, a full size 18" alloy and tyre for thw euro weighs 18kgs. It will add to weight of the car and to fuel consuption. u also lose boot space if u want the full size spare.

most cars in europe now dont even come with a spare wheel, just a can of goo for a quick fix.

SPQR
23-06-2008, 01:06 AM
...most cars in europe now dont even come with a spare wheel, just a can of goo for a quick fix.

Not just Europe. Someone I know with an E55 AMG found out he only had the goo-can kit after he blew/exploded/shredded a front tyre while doing 250 (when it was legal up here). The ESP (VSA in Honda speak) worked though.

euro77
24-06-2008, 07:04 PM
a review from cars guide: http://carsguide.news.com.au/site/research/story/first_drive_2008_honda_accord_euro/

MangChi
24-06-2008, 09:05 PM
thanks for that it was an interesting read.

euro77
24-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Wheels also have a review of their first drive of euro, but that was in Europe and prior to Honda Australia releasing the price (they estimated it $35k for base and $45k for lux). In the article it's claimed euro 147kw. Not sure where the extra 1kw comes from in Oz.

euro77
24-06-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm wondering what people thinks of the tyres, base comes with Yokohama something (can't remember what it was), and lux comes with Michelin Premacy (pretty sure but could be wrong).

SPQR
24-06-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm wondering what people thinks of the tyres, base comes with Yokohama something (can't remember what it was), and lux comes with Michelin Premacy (pretty sure but could be wrong).

The car just arrived in Darwin today. I noticed the 17" Yokohama tyres on the standard but not the tyre model but I noticed that the tyre doesn't have a flange shield where as the Luxury's 18's Michelins do. The height of the sidewall might have something to do with that.

Have to wait for a drive before I can comment on the tyres.

euro77
25-06-2008, 10:00 PM
another review: http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=54065&s_cid=drivers_seat&IsPgd=0

Mike Star
26-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Hi there,
My dealer invited me in for a good look at the 09 Euro Lux Sat Nav after the showroon had closed on Tuesday. My impressions were:
- I think the car looks much better in the metal than in photographs. I still prefer the lines of the MY06 onwards series especially with a Euro R Grille or similar.
- The interior design and layout is very nice. Somehow not as "sporty" as the 06 onwards but really well finished and classy.
- The car feels bigger inside but when I set the seat for my driving position rear legroom seemed to be about the same as the MY06.
- The satin "metallic" look dash trim garnish is very Accura like and looks very nice and you don't have to spend extra like I did for my MY06.
- Nice steering wheel look and feel. Again not as sporty as the MY06 onwards but classy.
- P Leather at last !! So much nicer than the leather in my MY06. Better to look at and much nicer to the touch.
- Seats seem wider and a bit better bolstered.
- 17" and 18" Alloy Wheel design left me a little cold. I prefer my MY06 alloys.
- Temporary spare in the Luxury is a real bummer.
- Some carry over colors and a couple of new ones.

That's all I can think of for the moment.
Cheers :wave:

Type R Positive
26-06-2008, 12:22 AM
Yep, lux comes with Michy Premacy's.
I just checked my base, it's got Yokohama DB decibel E70's. They seemed more than acceptable for the job.

Type R Positive
26-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Pretty much my thoughts Mike.

I just got back from picking up my base, I will have to write a bit of a review with pics.

aaronng
26-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Mike Star, I merged your new thread with this one. No point having 2 threads with the same topic of discussion.

UNLS1
26-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Yep, lux comes with Michy Premacy's.
I just checked my base, it's got Yokohama DB decibel E70's. They seemed more than acceptable for the job.

i have a base here with bridgestone turanzas on it from factory

MKI4EVA
26-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi there,
My dealer invited me in for a good look at the 09 Euro Lux Sat Nav after the showroon had closed on Tuesday. My impressions were:
- I think the car looks much better in the metal than in photographs. I still prefer the lines of the MY06 onwards series especially with a Euro R Grille or similar.

was the 09lux you looked at kitted up? I noticed from your avatart that yours is.

there would be quite a big difference in visual feel of the car kitted vs non-kitted.

Type R Positive
26-06-2008, 04:32 PM
i have a base here with bridgestone turanzas on it from factory
Auto or Man? mine is Man. One would think they would have the same tyres though...

SPQR
26-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Auto or Man? mine is Man. One would think they would have the same tyres though...

MT or AT doesn't matter. They have at least two brands of tyre available in case one has supply problems and to keep each one honest and keen on price.

For example, one could be affected by industrial problems (in Japan???) or an earthquake (that's more likely in Japan) or plant shut-downs. I knew that the South Pacific Tyre Factory was bound for closure when I noticed that some of the new FG Falcons come with Chinese made Goodyear tyres. Ford made provision by sourcing the tyres from elsewhere.

Mike Star
27-06-2008, 07:13 PM
was the 09lux you looked at kitted up? I noticed from your avatart that yours is.

there would be quite a big difference in visual feel of the car kitted vs non-kitted.

Hi there. The Euro Lux I looked at was top of the line with Sat Nav etc but had no other "kit" on it. I take your point that my current Euro Lux has the OEM Kit etc and that does make a difference to the visual impression of the car.

UNLS1
28-06-2008, 10:43 AM
MT or AT doesn't matter. They have at least two brands of tyre available in case one has supply problems and to keep each one honest and keen on price.

For example, one could be affected by industrial problems (in Japan???) or an earthquake (that's more likely in Japan) or plant shut-downs. I knew that the South Pacific Tyre Factory was bound for closure when I noticed that some of the new FG Falcons come with Chinese made Goodyear tyres. Ford made provision by sourcing the tyres from elsewhere.

very very very correct! :thumbsup:

Drew
28-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Well I drove a manual standard one this morning...

I like the feel of the 17" wheels over the 18"s on the Luxury... Seemed quieter and not as harsh a ride

Manual Luxury Nav w/ std 17"s will be the go for me, just holding out for more info as to when the diesel motor is coming over

yfin
28-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Manual Luxury Nav w/ std 17"s will be the go for me, just holding out for more info as to when the diesel motor is coming over

Why do you want the nav drew? Doesn't seem to be good value - although reversing camera is nice.

Drew
28-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Mainly if I'm getting a new car, might as well get built in navigation rather than having my sat nav hanging off the windshield plus the reversing camera will be useful in the dark

If the standard had HIDs I'd get that instead... But since I want HIDs that would have to be the Luxury; sunroof, electric seats, rain sensor, heated seats are all a nice touch too but I don't 'want' them... I just want the HIDs

Looks like we need a CU2 subforum already

SPQR
28-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Has anyone got good pictures (in sunlight) of the CU2 in the Cobalt Blue Pearl colour? This is an old Honda colour that I believe was available in the 1990's. Most of the photos on the internet of this colour are in dark lighting conditions and the Honda website doesn't help either: Not a good representation of the colour.

Type R Positive
29-06-2008, 12:00 AM
just holding out for more info as to when the diesel motor is coming overDealers over here all say it's a good year away untill the auto is ready.
They don't want to make the same mistake as other manufacturers releasing manual only version when most of their sales are auto's.

Type R Positive
29-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Has anyone got good pictures (in sunlight) of the CU2 in the Cobalt Blue Pearl colour? This is an old Honda colour that I believe was available in the 1990's. Most of the photos on the internet of this colour are in dark lighting conditions and the Honda website doesn't help either: Not a good representation of the colour.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m82/Midlife_Crisis_2/DSC00685.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m82/Midlife_Crisis_2/DSC00686.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m82/Midlife_Crisis_2/DSC00687.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m82/Midlife_Crisis_2/DSC00688.jpg

I think all the colours look great on this model. I absolutely love the crystal black, It looks so lux.... but it would be such a bitch to keep clean.

Euro76
29-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Looks like we need a CU2 subforum already

I've asked aarong once before but instead he would rename this subforum to something like "Accord Euro CU2 & CL9" although it would be better if CU2 can have its own subforum. But anyway it's his decision :)

aaronng
29-06-2008, 10:59 AM
I've asked aarong once before but instead he would rename this subforum to something like "Accord Euro CU2 & CL9" although it would be better if CU2 can have its own subforum. But anyway it's his decision :)

I can't add any new sections. Only the admin can. If he agrees, then there will be a CU2 section, but for now, the amount of traffic doesn't warrant a new section. Anyway, I envision that in the long term, the CU2 threads will take over the CL9 section because almost everything about the CL9 has been discussed.

tony1234
29-06-2008, 11:07 AM
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m82/Midlife_Crisis_2/DSC00685.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m82/Midlife_Crisis_2/DSC00686.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m82/Midlife_Crisis_2/DSC00687.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m82/Midlife_Crisis_2/DSC00688.jpg

I think all the colours look great on this model. I absolutely love the crystal black, It looks so lux.... but it would be such a bitch to keep clean.
Lucky AUDM model doesn't have that shit grille the TSX gets.:thumbdwn:

Euro76
29-06-2008, 11:28 AM
I can't add any new sections. Only the admin can. If he agrees, then there will be a CU2 section, but for now, the amount of traffic doesn't warrant a new section. Anyway, I envision that in the long term, the CU2 threads will take over the CL9 section because almost everything about the CL9 has been discussed.

I am pretty sure someday CU2 section would be added as there would be more CU2 owners. Seems Type R Positive is first CU2 owner registered in OzHonda forum :cool: but therefore no point for him to post by himself in CU2 subforum and there is no other CU2 owners yet. For a time being you were right there is not enough traffic yet :D :p

SPQR
29-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the Blue photos Type R Positive. Much appreciated. The Acura colour is Vortex Blue Pearl. I wonder if it is the same as the Honda Cobalt Blue Pearl?

Lucky AUDM model doesn't have that shit grille the TSX gets.:thumbdwn:

It's a weird thing but some yanks actually like it. I remember reading an article in one of the motoring mags that explained why the Monaro bombed-out in the USA. It had something to do with it's curvy styling and non-pronounced grille. Apparently they like their grilles bold in the USA and that's why a lot of their cars come with disproportionately oversized and over detailed grilles. Cars have to compete for attention with the mini-trucks that many yanks seems to prefer.