PDA

View Full Version : DC2R cluster into a DC2

xtat1k
30-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Just wonderin' is it hard to re-wire the dc2r cluster into the dc2 so that the fuel works?

If not anyone have a DIY.

Thanks. :D

onlykillzz
30-05-2008, 06:56 PM
you shouldn't have to do any rewiring it should just plug in.... i hope you haven't done any cutting......

Tu88y
30-05-2008, 07:46 PM
straight plug and play
Only thing that needs to be changed is the backing plate to suit your DC2.

CRXer
30-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Some plug & play,some dont,mine did.

It is just a small issue with the fuel gauge if it doesnt,to save changing the whole circuit boards over u can just swap a wire in the plug.

If u have the trouble just report back here & we'll tell u what to do.

xtat1k
30-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Well, yes its plug and play but fuel isnt.
So question is, how do i get my fuel to be working?

CRXer
30-05-2008, 11:03 PM
So u've already done it & fuel is not working?

I cant remember the circuit layout,so post a decent high res macro shot of the back of the DC2R cluster u have especially around the fuel gauge & right blue plug area & i will tell u what wires to swap around.

If u have your old cluster still,add a pic of that as well in the same area.

xtat1k
30-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Will do tomorrow, Thanks.

geeang
31-05-2008, 11:53 AM
If you don't want to mess around with the plugs you can just swap the thin green circuit boards on the back of both clusters over.

I've tried both swapping the circuit boards and swapping the wires, and both work fine, totally up to what you prefer.

JDM_VTIR
31-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Go to this link for further referral.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1053318&page=1

In some cases like mine...swapping the green film over from your VTIR (assuming you have one) to the DC2R isn't going to work completely. Your fuel should be normal now that you've swapped it. But your ABS, seat belt & door light are going to be screwed up.

To get the seat belt & door light to work properly...Get the blue 16 pin connector on the left and do the following: (refer to link on how to open it up)

De pin seat belt (pin 1) and fuel gauge (pin 3) and repin the seat belt to (pin 8) and the fuel gauge to (pin 1)

To fix the problem with the ABS light. You can simply just unplug the yellow plug like I did or you can repin it as well. Refer to page 6 just nearly half way down for instructions.

Hope this helps.

xtat1k
31-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks, JDM_VTIR i can work with that.
CRXer, ill work with that but if any problems i'll be back :)