PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking and installing Car Alarm

s2_eternity_s2
01-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Hey guyz! My car already has central locking with a remote control but its silent no sound so i was wondering is there something i can install with it so there is a beep sound when i lock my car (in a way 'fake' alarm lolz :D)? I'm doing this way cuz i think it mite be cheaper than installing the actual alarm or the actual alarm the same price? if so can anyone show the step by step of how to install car alarm and which type would you recommend for a reasonable price? cheers! :honda:

CRXer
01-06-2008, 11:57 AM
I turned off the beep sound a long time ago,very annoying.

Just put a fake flashing red light on your dash,much cheaper & easier.

And noone is goin to right out a step by step to install an entire alarm system,theres too many variations,way too much work.

Work out what alarm u want,buy it,have a look at the instructions & ask questions on the bits u dont know about.If u totally dont know,get someone to install it for u.

blk_shadow
01-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Hey guyz! My car already has central locking with a remote control but its silent no sound so i was wondering is there something i can install with it so there is a beep sound when i lock my car (in a way 'fake' alarm lolz :D)? I'm doing this way cuz i think it mite be cheaper than installing the actual alarm or the actual alarm the same price? if so can anyone show the step by step of how to install car alarm and which type would you recommend for a reasonable price? cheers! :honda:

true what crxer said, better off getting flashing red or blue light on ur windscreen, rather than the whole alarm system.

but of course the alarm system will be better for security.

OMG.JAI xD
01-06-2008, 05:28 PM
buy a bumper sticker that says "I have an alarm"

wudnt be surprised if that didnt work.

=]

bankids
03-06-2008, 12:51 AM
even the alarm is just used to annoying the theft, can't stop it and it stops alarming couple of minutes later..

.k.
03-06-2008, 03:29 AM
im pretty sure it all depends on who installs the alarm for you, you can go out and spend big bucks on an alarm system but if you skimp out on the installation thieves will easily get past it (dunno how else to put it) whereas if you go full black wiring and get it professionally installed then you have a better deterrant (sp) to thieves