PDA

View Full Version : P2R Throttle Body Spacer ?

Suntzu
01-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Anyone in Oz tid this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/P2R-Throttle-Body-Spacer-Acura-TSX-RED_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262 QQcategoryZ36474QQihZ001QQitemZ110254499348QQtcZph oto

Ive seen it in the other forums but i did a few searches here and couldnt find anything significant.

Im not seeing a lot of feedback on the other forums in regards to performance improvements either..

It's a cheap mod tho.

I think theres also a enlarged plenum chamber available to.

Any ideas?

EUR003act
01-06-2008, 04:54 PM
hey buddy!

plenum expansion chamber can't be fitted to RBB (euro) plenum or RBC for that matter...

throttle body spacer is a cheap mod, whether it gets gains is another thing... i have it and now pulling a healthy 133.3kwatw (see dyno thread for more details) but how much of that power is from spacer would be a different story. my advice before doing the spacer, get the throttle body thermal gasket, and do the coolant bypass DIY :D nice mods!

Crapdaz
01-06-2008, 06:34 PM
hey buddy!

plenum expansion chamber can't be fitted to RBB (euro) plenum or RBC for that matter...

throttle body spacer is a cheap mod, whether it gets gains is another thing... i have it and now pulling a healthy 133.3kwatw (see dyno thread for more details) but how much of that power is from spacer would be a different story. my advice before doing the spacer, get the throttle body thermal gasket, and do the coolant bypass DIY :D nice mods!

just wondering may be stupid but what does the coolant bypass do?

Thanks,

aaronng
01-06-2008, 06:49 PM
throttle body spacer is a cheap mod, whether it gets gains is another thing... i have it and now pulling a healthy 133.3kwatw (see dyno thread for more details) but how much of that power is from spacer would be a different story. my advice before doing the spacer, get the throttle body thermal gasket, and do the coolant bypass DIY :D nice mods!US$110 for a mod with unproven gains though.... Don't really consider that cheap. Better to use the $$ to put towards the CL7 intake plenum.

EUR003act
01-06-2008, 06:58 PM
US$110 for a mod with unproven gains though.... Don't really consider that cheap. Better to use the $$ to put towards the CL7 intake plenum.

i got mine from P2R direct for USD$80!

i wouldve thought ebay would be cheaper lol

yeah my RBC was USD$299... but then i spent AUD$160 getting the manifold cover... :( lol

Suntzu
02-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah im waiting on some definitive results from EUR003ACT on that RBC..

Isnt it more power but lower torque? Dunno if thats what i need..

EuroAccord13
02-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Yeah im waiting on some definitive results from EUR003ACT on that RBC..

Isnt it more power but lower torque? Dunno if thats what i need..

Me and EURO03ACT both have the RBC manifold and I have definite results on the gains in the plenum, been through heaps of dyno runs testing it with different intakes and tuning..... Worthwhile mod to have...

Suntzu
02-06-2008, 07:47 PM
What does the RBC really do compared to the stock one and why would honda use it if its better than stock?

aaronng
02-06-2008, 08:17 PM
What does the RBC really do compared to the stock one and why would honda use it if its better than stock?

Look at EuroAccord13's before and after dyno, then you will see why Honda chose the stock intake manifold and not the RBC for the 2.4L Euro.:thumbsup:

E-Gene
02-06-2008, 11:42 PM

The RBC uses shorter and fatter runners and therefore is optimised for higher RPM breathing vs the RBB which gives better torque due to its longer narrower runners.

quoted from http://www.hondata.com/tuning_k24a2_tsx_engine.html

I'm keen on this mod but I would like to see Accord13's dyno for the difference too.

tony1234
03-06-2008, 09:00 AM
It just cuts off the hot engine coolant flowing through the TB so it runs cooler which MAY give a slight performance boost. Easy to do and cheap. :p
I've done it.There's a slight improvement in performance,it's more noticeable in the warmer weather.

aaronng
03-06-2008, 10:06 AM
The RBC uses shorter and fatter runners and therefore is optimised for higher RPM breathing vs the RBB which gives better torque due to its longer narrower runners.

quoted from http://www.hondata.com/tuning_k24a2_tsx_engine.html

I'm keen on this mod but I would like to see Accord13's dyno for the difference too.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84361

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/ProjectARTCL9170/dynograph1w.jpg

Suntzu
03-06-2008, 10:19 AM
The power gain looks nice but the lower torque really puts me off. It consistently lower from that graph.

Im guessing though at the higher RPMS it would be pretty sweet but as a daily driver im all about maintaining the torque.

EuroAccord13
03-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Yes, on the low end, it has no guts whatsoever but can be solved with some ECU tuning. My dyno graph merely shows the increase on the base map, if you look at the link Aaron posted, I have another graph with A/F anf Ignition tuning, the power is increased with a minimum of 5kws on the lower end of the rev range right up to an average of 10kws on the top end.

Suntzu
03-06-2008, 11:19 AM
I wonder how I would do with my mods

Intake/header/Cat and Mild Jtune if i banged on this RBC without additional tuning.

be a bit of a gamble but i guess you never now til you try.

Whats the part cost?

EuroAccord13
03-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Costs between AUD$300 to AUD$400 depending on availability, I know for a fact that Euro enthusiasts in Malaysia and Singapore are snapping them up from Japan faster than I can say "Suntzu is also interested in the RBC Manifold".... heehehehehehehe.....

Also, with the RBC Manifold, the TB location will be higher so you may need to modify the intake as well if you have a solid after market system, I junked my Typhoon Intake for a custom 3 inch ART intake.

aaronng
03-06-2008, 11:55 AM
The power gain looks nice but the lower torque really puts me off. It consistently lower from that graph.

Im guessing though at the higher RPMS it would be pretty sweet but as a daily driver im all about maintaining the torque.

That lower line is NOT torque. That is manifold air pressure.

EUR003act
03-06-2008, 09:47 PM
I wonder how I would do with my mods

Intake/header/Cat and Mild Jtune if i banged on this RBC without additional tuning.

be a bit of a gamble but i guess you never now til you try.

Whats the part cost?

i guarantee you gains... ill buy ur RBC off you if you dont :p

i cant notice any drop in low in torque, im guessing the headers are making up for my loss...

Suntzu
04-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Its sounds like a decent performance mod for the money. Im guessing its easy to fit also.

In EuroAccord13 other thread about modding the car though there was a lot of post stating that the RBC wasnt really useful without cams and a good tune.

I also wondering about a larger throttle body now.

That video by EUR003act was pretty awesome, you can really hear the vtec kick. Mine doesn't do this any more as it kicks in at 5000rpm so its transitional. Im thinking with the RBC though it might make it more easily felt.

aaronng
04-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Im thinking with the RBC though it might make it more easily felt.
If it is more easily felt, that means that you are losing more power before vtec and then gaining it back after camchange. Not really an optimal solution if you are after the most work done in the least amount of time. Would be nice to have RBC after you have a larger TB, cams and ECU though.

EUR003act
04-06-2008, 09:02 PM
lets just say if i dont have VSA off when i hit vtec in second gear traction control normally kicks in.... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: