PDA

View Full Version : EG civic. Few questions, clutch and springs.

scottx3
02-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Hi guys,

Well, i am new to the world of hondas as i drive a turbo laser. My girlfriend has just bought an EG civic GLi 4dr sedan and it needs a new clutch, standard springs and new seat rails. i just want to clarify a few things.

-CLUTCH-
Its says Jan 1994 on the chassis plate but the VIN but has EG8 in it. When looking for clutches it says 94 models are an EH. Is the clutch for an EH and an EG the same for the D15B engine? are carby and injected clutches the same?? IS there any difference in clutch bearings in the EG series cars (exedy site says check bearing????)? Also, any warnings or helpful tips for changing the clutch would be great as i am going to do it myself.

-SPRINGS-
It currently has super lows but was defected because exhaust hangs too low, Are the springs from a hatch the same as a sedan? also, does anybody wanna sell me some standard ones?:p

As for the seat rails i was gonna get some from the wreckers but they didnt have any. so if anyone in Melb has some to suit a 4dr, let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Scott.

blk_shadow
02-06-2008, 02:20 PM
some civic EG8 (JDM model) built in 92-95 and some late 94 registered as 95 model. they are known as an EH in australia as a 4-door sedan.

on D15b engine, they should share the same clutch. not too sure about the bearing tho.

springs: not too sure it will fit, but hatch and sedan has different weight. better not to use the springs from the hatch for the sedan.

scottx3
02-06-2008, 06:45 PM
ok thanks.

does anyone know if they have a spigot bearing (some cars don't run one) and if so, is it in the flywheel or in the crank?

Research
03-06-2008, 10:08 PM
hey man.. i got an EH as well.. eg civic sedan.. year 92..
n i actually alrdy changed my springs with the aftermarket ones.. n i actually still have the standard ones.. i can sell it to u if u want..
juz pm me.. :D
im melb btw..

scottx3
04-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks mate, i'd be happy to buy the springs, i just sent you a PM, but if you dont get it contact me here again and i'll give you my number.

thanks.
scott.

Research
04-06-2008, 09:07 PM
pm replied