PDA

View Full Version : Amp problem

krzy
03-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Heya OH,

ive got a Apache 2200 Amp by Poweracoustics. Have it running at 2x 500wattRMS and pluged into 2 12inch subs (Fahrenhite).

anyways, whenever i tap the RCA input (from the headunit to the amp) i get a thump from both of my subs. even the slightest tap will offset them, also taping the side of the amp where the rca input plugs are, it also has the same effect? any ideas? anywhere i can get a car amp fixed up?

i live in ACT

trism
03-06-2008, 12:15 AM
its the RCAs groudning out.

you need to insulate them from touching bare metal.

its more than likely a design flaw in the amp, which often happens with cheap products.

theres not much you can do about it

tron07
03-06-2008, 09:15 AM
maybe there is a hairline crack somewhere, when you tap the current flow gets effected and thus a thump sound. try changing RCA first, if dont work and slowly isolate which part is the problem.
It could be the RCA connector thats giving problem, power cable, remote, ground, etc....

krzy
04-06-2008, 04:44 PM
kk, yeh its definatly not the rca plugs, i got them replaced and still the same annoying problem!!

AzKik-R
07-06-2008, 11:47 PM
Re-Check your power cable, Earth remote, had a similar problem where the subs would start thumping
I would turn the car off, and the subs would thump about 6-10 times, and same thing when i turned the car on.
turns out one of my + lines had come loose, and was causing a large drop in power to the amp. once i re-wired the power she went fine again.

krzy
11-06-2008, 03:36 AM
thanks for the feedback, i think ive found the problem.. the rca female inputs seemed to be pushed too far forward, and seem to have been touching the outercasing of the amp (metal). it has a screw so i could push it back and re-tighten it, doesnt seem to thump anymore :)!!

Samm928
11-06-2008, 09:12 AM
problem solved! continue with some HARDCORE DOOF DOOF! YAYER!

tron07
11-06-2008, 09:13 AM
glad to assist....