PDA

View Full Version : How low can you go?

vtecinaccord
15-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Hi all, have not posted much for a while so here it is my accord as it sits today, i have to raise it up back to a respectable driving height, the headers are 5 cm fromn the ground eeekk :(

Well let me know what yous think, thanx

http://members.westnet.com.au/web/nelson1/IMG_0352.jpg

h22a accord
15-09-2004, 01:24 PM
looks phat. keep it that way.

Dominik
15-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Yep, looks sweet like that. Do you have a camber kit on the back?

If you are worried about driveability, you could raise the front *slightly*. The back of my car is a bit lower than yours i think, but the front is a bit higher (no it doesnt look funny), but its fine; doesnt scrape much at all...

Dominik
15-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Bad quality pic, but this is my whip:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/dbloemhard/My%20Accord/Currentheight.jpg
(will take a better pic when the car is clean (and tinted - yay))

The back tyre is well under the guard, the front has 2-3 finger gap

razaman
15-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Both those cars look F'in hot!!! :thumbsup:

What are the drop heights for both of you?

My car is booked in on monday for another lowering! I'll have to get some pics sorted when it's done.

Raz

b-defekt
15-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Awsome rides.

@ Dominik: Do u daily drive that low? and do the cops give u a hard time.

CHU85
15-09-2004, 02:39 PM
Dominik: Thats an exact replica of my car 2 years ago when i first started it out!

poid
15-09-2004, 03:24 PM
man both of you keep em the way they are :)

How's the ride anyway Dom? (excluding the obvious issues to do with the stock shocks!!)

dundas
15-09-2004, 03:33 PM
damn sexiiii-=-- they are a little lower than mine-- *drools* but yeah im too scred of coppers so i chose not to go super low ahahaha---
but yes-- they are damn fine cars i say eheheh

Spoon-Accord
15-09-2004, 04:01 PM
MY TURN!!!

i can never forget this car..

i think some of the guys remember this beuty

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/spoon-accord/a7ff36e5.jpg

Ken

Spoon-Accord
15-09-2004, 04:15 PM
ohh yeh dom.. this is a pressie for u too darlingz hahahah

Ken

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/spoon-accord/dom.jpg

Dominik
15-09-2004, 05:05 PM
Sweet, thanks Ken,

And thanks for the compliments. I have driven about 5000kms with it at that height (to Coffs Harbour and back, Brisbane & back, and every day to and from work), without so much as a glance from the cops.

I have pulled up next to cops and they dont even care. It looks low, but not *that* low, so i guess they dont bother. I think not having a sports exhaust helps though. I am considering dropping the front a bit, but i'll see. I dont know if i will be able to get in my driveway if its any lower :P

Poid, i'm used to it now. I think there are a few more rattles since i lowered it, but who cares... There are a couple of bridges on the way to coffs which sets the car into an uncontrollable bouncing fit, but its kinda fun. Would be nice to get matching shocks one day. When these ones disintegrate...

toE
15-09-2004, 10:03 PM
for some reason Dom, that's not low enuff...

THIS is low(er) ;) :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/toebert/7-1.jpg

btw, vtecinaccord...she's lookn gd mate. :thumbsup:

Usual Suspect
16-09-2004, 01:35 AM
god dam i want a 94 vti-s already..............i hate saving..................

those are some bloddy nice looking cars.

[ slayer ]
16-09-2004, 08:25 AM
man i so love those accords! look bloody awesome!

Dominik
16-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Toe, the springs i'm using are Poid's old springs, and he told me that he actually raised the front a little to get the stance you have in that pic (coilovers). So, the back of my car would look the same if i had 18s, and the front should actually be a little lower than that if i had Koni yellow shocks...

Man, the more i look, the more i want 18"s... I guess i'll see how i go with the rest of the mods first (tint/detailing), but damn 18s look hot...

poid
16-09-2004, 09:42 AM
hehe he's right jimmeh, he has my old springs (BAH you should know that! :P )

And yeh his car should be lower, although apparently the Koni's i had the springs on were about 1/2" lower than the stock shocks. At the very least it should be the same height as in those pics

Dom you know you want 18's...or 19's :D

saboteur
16-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Those cars look mad. I wish we got the two door Accords over here, they are so hot.

Dominik
16-09-2004, 02:47 PM
2 doors are over-rated... Sure, its different, and thats cool, but 2 doors are less practical; i love how i can just open the back door and chuck my bag/shopping etc in the back then just jump in and drive off.

Friends are also happy to jump in the back of my car now, something that rarely happened when i had a 2 door car...

Poid, i think its much more than 1/2 Inch... Look at how much trouble vtecinanaccord is having with his headers being too low. And on the other hand i am high and dry up front ;) I think closer to 2" lower :eek:

FR33K
16-09-2004, 03:01 PM
is this thread only for accords ??? hehe.. can tegs be in the competition ?!?
anyway this is how low i was at one stage in my teg.. and yes its real lol
by the way dominik.... i love yours rims :) :) :) :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/FR33K/BACK_BREAKER.jpg

razaman
16-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Holy crap!! :thumbsup:

Can you say "under the guards" and "camber issues". :D

Raz

Dominik
16-09-2004, 04:48 PM
Haha, my friend showed me that pic a lil while ago, coz he was in love with my rims, and his brother has a red LS like yours. He wanted to see if they look good together (he ended up getting some chrome wheels or something though)..

Cheap wheels huh? I think they look awesome though!

BTW, nice drop... What was your ground clearance like that?

Dominik
16-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Hah! found a better pic of my car. You can actually see the drop in this pic.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/dbloemhard/My%20Accord/Olympus800x600.jpg
notice how the front still has a gap!

poid
16-09-2004, 05:53 PM
man i cant believe you still have mudguards on haha

If we wanna have a comp, here's the accord with the first set of springs i had ;)

http://www.netspeed.net.au/aleks/photogallery/DCP_0117.JPG

razaman
16-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Hey Dominik

What drop is that? Looks mint.

Raz (4 days to go until my new drop..... :D )

FR33K
16-09-2004, 07:34 PM
Cheap wheels huh? I think they look awesome though!

BTW, nice drop... What was your ground clearance like that?

yeah the ground clearance wasnt much.. it was like 6cms from my cat..
the rims i picked up for 1250 from australia's best.. dunno how much they go for now..

Dominik
16-09-2004, 10:22 PM
$900 from Tempe (17s)...

Ok, i think Poid wins the lowest Accord comp... Damn that looks hot! (dunno about the wheels, but the height looks pimp!)

To tell the truth Razaman, i forgot to measure the stock height, so i dont know how much its dropped. Poid mentioned 2.5", but i think its more than that... Anyone got a stock Accord that can measure the guard to the centre of the wheel (for both front and rear)??

toE
17-09-2004, 02:06 AM
i know that you're using poid's old springs Dominik :p

i was trying to be farnie f00l! :p

Bah.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/toebert/Docklands/Hondas007resized.jpg

razaman
17-09-2004, 05:50 AM
I found these on Accord Tuner.

http://www.ryanhalls.com/ozhonda/low1.jpg

http://www.ryanhalls.com/ozhonda/low2.jpg

http://www.ryanhalls.com/ozhonda/low3.jpg

Raz

poid
17-09-2004, 08:14 AM
yeh Dom i ordered them as 2.5" lowered. As for the actual height, the exhaust when i was driving it was the height of that coke can above turned on its side (i know this because i ran over one and got a shock when it scraped along). Hence why i had to raise it when the bigger exhaust went on!

egSi
17-09-2004, 08:42 AM
sorry to bust on on spring talk guys, but you all have very nice accords!!!

love the pic with the granny too :D

baboo
17-09-2004, 09:05 AM
man i cant believe you still have mudguards on haha

If we wanna have a comp, here's the accord with the first set of springs i had ;)

http://www.netspeed.net.au/aleks/photogallery/DCP_0117.JPG

wOhhh, grandma's not happy

SiR JDM
17-09-2004, 09:48 AM
yucky chromes IMO

Anyone chucked Deep Dish on their accords? I rk'n that would look fk'n sick mate
JDM Gangsta :P

poid
17-09-2004, 10:07 AM
LOL thats my auntie, and she wasnt angry, she just looks angry from time to time! She thought the car looked awesome haha

But yeh the chromies were only on for 6 weeks, i prefer silver to chrome

Dominik
17-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Dunno about the sedans (the Japanese arent big on Accord Sedans for VIP styling; they tend to do more 'race' style)

But the wagons...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/dbloemhard/VIP%20Accords/accord_f.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/dbloemhard/VIP%20Accords/accord_r.jpg

Thats the inspection kit, which can be found here: http://www.inspection.jp/line_up/airo_parts/wagon/accord_ce1/accord_ce1.html
Further to my previous discussion on this kit (on AccordAus.com), the kit is a little more expensive than i thought; about AUD$2500 in japan (before shipping)... Add 700 for the rear wing (although that wouldnt be much use to us). $2000 if we dont want the rear bar (although i actually think the rear bar will work on the sedans too???)

poid
17-09-2004, 11:58 AM
2500 is for the full kit though isnt it? including the rear wing. That said your japanese is a hell of a lot better than mine :)

The rear bar looks deeper than the sedans between the tail-lights, so wont quite work. At least thats the way it looks to me

A'PEXi
17-09-2004, 12:40 PM
dam that inspection car is hot :D the white one isnt bad either

razaman
17-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Hmmm - some of you guys need to learn about babelfish the friendly translater! :D

Insert this: http://www.inspection.jp/line_up/airo_parts/wagon/accord_ce1/accord_ce1.html

Into this: http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Select From: japanese to english

Viola - you can even surf the results! Doesn't work with text as images though.

Raz :thumbsup:

Dominik
17-09-2004, 01:12 PM
Or, spend a year in Japan and learn how to speak Japanese, as i did :)

the 157,500yen is for the 3 piece kit; i.e. Front, sides, rear
the 194,250yen is for the 4 piece kit; i.e. Front, sides, rear and door panels
Then it lists the extras (wing, eye-lids and grille)
Fog lights arent included either...

poid
17-09-2004, 01:12 PM
i normally dont use babbelfish cos it comes out with japlish gibberish that just hurts my head :)

**PIMPIN**ACCORD
17-09-2004, 05:02 PM
Domink: Is your car on stock shocks? What sort of springs do you have under there?

SiR JDM
17-09-2004, 07:10 PM
hahah that inspection is PHAT!

i hate the accord wagon...but the deep dish rock!

Dominik
17-09-2004, 11:32 PM
pimpin', yeah they are stock shocks. The springs are custom made Kmac springs i believe (i bought them off Poid second-hand). Supposed to be 2.5" lower and 60% stiffer (Poid was telling me that most lowered springs are usually only 30% stiffer - these are rock hard!). It suited me to a Tee, because there was no sagging, and i knew from the start how low it would be*

* Except for the front which appears to be higher due to stock shocks having higher spring perches than the Koni Yellows which Poid had

The ride is pretty rough, but i'm used to it now... I'll look at investing in proper shocks when these die; i'm not doing it for 'performance', its all about the look!

Sir JDM, how can you hate the wagon? If i could find a VTi-S Wagon in manual (and either black or white), i would swap in a heartbeat! Think of the phatness, think of the practicality :p

razaman
18-09-2004, 06:06 AM
Dom - I'm surprised to hear that you are running stock shocks, but I'm also glad to hear that.

How long have you had the springs matched with the stock shocks?

I'm not sure if you saw my post at accordturbo, anyway the guy at the shop where I'm getting my lowering done told me I should get at least 2 years out of my stock shocks on a 1.8" drop. I hope I can get more as the springs will be alot softer that yours!!

Most of the accords he has dropped, all in fact have been dropped on stock shocks -he reckons the stock accord shocks are the business and hold up real well.

I guess I will soon find out :p - 2 days to go for the new lowering! :D

Raz

razaman
18-09-2004, 06:12 AM
If i could find a VTi-S Wagon in manual (and either black or white), i would swap in a heartbeat! Think of the phatness, think of the practicality :p

You won't find one from the factory in a manual. They don't make them. None in the US, none in Japan, none in NZ, I can't imagaine there is any in OZ.

There was a guy on nzhondas who was selling his - paid alot of $$ to convert it. But it would be so much better.

Raz

**PIMPIN**ACCORD
18-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Wooot, im booking my car in next week to get dropped 2"...cant wait

Dominik
18-09-2004, 10:59 AM
I cant imagine it would be *too* expensive to convert to manual, would it? There are heaps of manual accord sedans around, so it would just be a matter of finding a wrecked one and gettting all the parts... right?? Anyway, that is slighltly off topic :)

I have had these springs in for about a month, so i cant really comment on the longevity, but i can tell you that the car would handle alot better with performance shocks (bouncing is sometimes a problem, and i dont know how good that would be if it happened while i was cornering hard - luckily i dont often do that!)

I sure hope these last a while though...

Pimpin, i would go for 3" if i were you :cool:
If you are still stock, can you measure the height from the centre of your wheel to the top of the wheel arch? Then i can tell you the *actual* drop that i have

**PIMPIN**ACCORD
18-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Yeah ill do that tomorrow, too dark at the moment, ill post asap

**PIMPIN**ACCORD
19-09-2004, 07:14 AM
Ummm its roughly 38cm @ back and 41cm @ front

Dominik
19-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Ok, well i measured mine and found that it is an even 8.5cm drop for both front and rear (im at 29.5 for the rear, and 32.5 for the front).

That equates to just a shade under 3.5" dropped.

Personally i think the minimum you should do is 2.5" for the rear, and 3.5" for the front; to make the fender gap even. a 2" drop on the front will still look high...

Poid, they lied to you (in a good way though ;))

**PIMPIN**ACCORD
19-09-2004, 04:25 PM
i think i will go 2.5 at back and 3 at front :D...cant wait...

poid
19-09-2004, 08:09 PM
well i dont think they lied, they just werent quite right ;)

they were consistent in that their 3" lowered springs were about half an inch lower than the 2.5" lowered ones hehe

jackosimm
19-09-2004, 08:24 PM
sweet lookin rides there

vtecinaccord
19-09-2004, 09:49 PM
DOM - I am still lower bro, measured front 31.5 but rear is a bit higher 32. Rear would be lower if i put my koni shocks in the back.

LOL

Dominik
19-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Haha, if you look at my first response to your post, i said that exactly! Though i thought you were alot lower in the front than me (More than 0.5cm).

Why dont you have the Koni's in the back?

P.S. dont raise it, its fine as it is (although Taree might not have the best roads; i havent been there since they bypassed it with that great stretch of 110km/h road)

poid
20-09-2004, 08:39 AM
1cm difference, pretty close to the half an inch i thought :)

I should measure mine, see how much higher i am now

h22a accord
20-09-2004, 11:05 AM
i really want to dump my car now. Accords look so sweet low. Later though, as i got defected for front bald tyres friday night. So any suspension money i had is now gone lol. although, cant complain, i needed tyres b4 suspension anyways.

poid
20-09-2004, 11:50 AM
cam you must be the unluckiest accord owner i've heard of when it comes to defects!

Spoon-Accord
20-09-2004, 12:15 PM
true.. sorry to hear cammo..

razaman
20-09-2004, 05:04 PM
I am now officially lowered 45mm, hopefully they will settle a little lower.

Picked the car up from the shop this afternoon. Not a dramatic change from the 30mm, but really noticable on the front where the kings sat unevenly.

I'll take some pics in a couple weeks after they have settled. It's supposed to rain all week and the car is soooo filthy.

Raz (secretly my wife loves the even more lowered look - she will admint it to me but to everyone else it's a different story!! :p )

Dominik
20-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Oh, my gf admitted that she no longer enjoys being in my car now that it is lowered.

Oh, and Poid the springs DO pop out at this height. I was washing my car the other day and i was wondering why one side was a little higher than the other. I reached my hand in and found that the passenger rear spring was not sitting in the top cup of the strut (the bottom is cable-tied so that wont come out). Only took a couple of minutes to fix; but when i told my gf (just making conversation, as you do), she told me that she didnt want to go in my car again. I had to show her diagrams of a strut to explain that when i say 'pop out' it doesnt mean the spring will fly off the car!!!

She still hates it that she cant fall asleep in the passenger seat (something about bouncing her head against the window/seat/roof/dash)...

poid
20-09-2004, 05:34 PM
serious? Cos i never had them pop out on me in the 18 months i drove on them!

I just measured my height, 30.5cm front and 28-29cm rear...hrmmm i thought i bloody raised it :/

**PIMPIN**ACCORD
21-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Im going to get a quote today, and possibly order the springs if they are a decnet price...i have 400 so i should have enough....ill take pics asap or you can see them on the cruise to newy :)...ta ta

Dominik
21-09-2004, 12:50 PM
Poid, you probably did. Remember you had the Koni Yellows with these KMacs before, which means the perches were probably at least 1" lower, meaning you were about 1" lower than me (4.5" drop :eek:)... That would put you at 27 rear and 30 front

Pimpin - goodluck! Cant wait to see it!

I just woke up to find a pool of coolant under my car. Looks like i have a leak somewhere. Scott's Honda are looking at it right now. Hopefully it wont be too serious! (no more mods for me for a while!!!)

poid
21-09-2004, 01:02 PM
i reckon the perches were half an inch lower at most, they couldnt have been a full inch cos i wouldnt have been able to turn the front wheels without scrubbing

mmmm radiator top tank maybe? That's what leaked for me, very common problem!

saboteur
21-09-2004, 02:00 PM
More pics please! These Accords look great dumped!

vtecinaccord
21-09-2004, 02:12 PM
More Pics you asked for it.

http://members.westnet.com.au/web/nelson1/IMG_3794.jpg

Dominik
21-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Sweet!!! Not a huge fan of the Altezzas, but i love the wheels & the rest!

Well, i just got a call back from Honda. Water pump is leaking and needs to be replaced ASAP. As well as that, the leaked coolant has reached my 3 month old timing belt, which now also needs to be replaced.

No more mods for me for a while :(

poid
21-09-2004, 03:46 PM
oh thats nasty, but better to replace the belt now than later when it snaps and leaves you stranded!

Dominik
21-09-2004, 04:43 PM
Stranded and in need of a new engine!

I'm just happy i caught it before it overheated etc.. Apparently the head warps easily (happened to my mate), and the Aluminium block can also go if it overheats!!!

poid
21-09-2004, 04:59 PM
nah i dont think you would need a new engine if it snapped, apparently on the SOHC engines the valves dont get bent. They definitely do on the DOHC ones though :)

Yeh definitely a good thing to catch it before it overheated that much

h22a accord
22-09-2004, 01:06 PM
the f22b sohc engines are not free spinning so if your belt goes, expect a huge bill to get those smashed valves fixed.

Dominik
22-09-2004, 09:11 PM
Well, $560 later and i have 2 new belts (timing and balance shaft?), and a new water pump. Overheating/snapped timing belt is not something i'm going to risk.

Anyway, back to the lowered accords... (will post more pics of mine after i get it tinted this weekend)

FORGED
05-10-2004, 08:05 PM
damn there has been some nice rides posted up!!!!!!! heres mine:
http://www.brokedowndesign.com/accord/rail2.jpg
http://www.brokedowndesign.com/accord/rail1.jpg
http://www.brokedowndesign.com/accord/guys-accord-1.jpg

fongyfong
05-10-2004, 08:10 PM
damnn thats slammed on its ass niceeeee man! how low is that drop?

poid
05-10-2004, 08:25 PM
air cylinders under there i guess, what kind of setup are you running?

FORGED
05-10-2004, 08:30 PM
hey man, since that pic was taken, it has been dropped about another inch and sits as low as it can possibly go at the back, the rear control arm sits on the frame and the exhaust on the ground. im guessing its about a 15 - 20cm drop overall??

fongyfong
05-10-2004, 08:34 PM
it looks sweet man post up some side pix of it i wanna see

FORGED
05-10-2004, 08:36 PM
just running a fbss setup with 4cfm 12 volt compressor and 6 gallon tank. 4 cylinders with tuck lines hook up to the back and 3 position valves all round. the car is pretty much sold but i plan a faster more crazy setup in my next accord.

FORGED
05-10-2004, 08:39 PM
hey, ill have to get out and take a couple more pics before its gone at the lower height, here are some of the older pics i have:
http://www.brokedowndesign.com/accord/guys-accord-5.jpg
http://www.brokedowndesign.com/accord/guy-3wheel.jpg
http://www.brokedowndesign.com/accord/guy-slam.jpg

poid
05-10-2004, 08:43 PM
man i'm still tempted to go the air cylinder route even after all the bloody hassles i've gone through to get the 'right' suspension setup in mine!

FORGED
05-10-2004, 08:47 PM
yeah it definately gets the heads turning, but trust me you have to make a lot of sacrifices with handling etc. if you have it at the wrong height and boot it, all you get is crazy axle tramp. i blew an airline in a car park and my car had to sit there for 3 days, i couldnt get a jack under it because it was so low and ended up just about breaking my wrist reaching under the car cutting and replacing line... still tempted?? haha at least no one can ever steal your mags..

poid
05-10-2004, 09:19 PM
haha yeh still tempted :P

might leave it for an Impala or something though down the track, hate to see my coilovers go to waste now

FORGED
06-10-2004, 01:22 PM
yeah coilovers would be the shit man, i miss being able to give my car a strap..