PDA

View Full Version : EK1 central locking + alarm problem

kapten
03-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Hey guys, i just bought a 97 civic, i hadn't realised this before i bought the car but now i have noticed that whenever i lock the car, the driver side dorr doesn't lock automatically, but i have to do it manually. any suggestions?

Also there is another problem with the alarm, it always goes off at about 5 in the morning and the siren wakes up everyone in the neighbourhood, very annoying if you want to get some sleep. Can anyone help me?

CRXer
03-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Did it ever lock the door when operating the remote?.Im not sure about whether EK's do or not,maybe an EK driver can chip in here.

For the alarm,u really need to say what type of alarm it is or post up a wiring diagram.
Just disconnect the sensors one by one & see which one is causing the problem by testing over night again,ie one sensor per night.It could be condensation,metal shrinkage or expansion or simply a cat or something.

simonnowis
03-06-2008, 01:28 PM
so when you lock the car with the alarm remote all other doors lock except the driver door?
if you use the key on the driver door do does the central locking system work as in all the other doors lock/unlock along with the driver?
maybe a relay problem, you should take it to professional to check.

as crxer said need more info on what alarm you have and wat sensors you have installed, it could be a bonnet switch problem or sumthing, does it seem to go off only early morning, you leave your car outside??
if you have a glass break sensor it could be the problem, might be too close to the glass so move it abit or turn down the sensitivity on the module.

kapten
04-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Well i just bought the car so i'm not sure about the wiring, but when i use the keys on the driver door the the passenger door lock/unlock with it. the passy door works with the alarm ie armed=locked vice versa. I do leave the car oustide as my driveway is f****d, just can't get it in. but r u sure its a cat, cuz for past 2 days its happening at 7am instead.

simonnowis
05-06-2008, 12:44 PM
did the previous owner tell you want alarm is installed or is there a manual for it in the glove compartment?
maybe the previous owner did a diy and did a dodgey job.
as i said before what sensors do you have? is there a little mic on the corner of the dash sumwhere?

CER-15E
05-06-2008, 01:28 PM
if your in sydney...for the alarm if u take it to a Dsire4sound in liverpool they will be able to help you out.. their number is 9600 7702. They helped me out with my alarm.. so they might be able to help you too, if u give em a call and tell em ur problem

kapten
05-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, but unfortunatly its no good, while driving last night it got totalled. a lady driving a 89 accorc came out of a street in front of me and BANG. Its possibly a write off, but not sure yet, have to take it to smash repairs and well see.

simonnowis
05-06-2008, 09:39 PM
shiit srs, who was at fault? did u at least have comprehensive insurance?