PDA

View Full Version : gearbox fluid to reduce noisy gearbox sound

blusir2
03-06-2008, 04:20 PM
my gearbox was a bit noisy but it was bearable...

but after i got a new clutch face and OEM Clutch Assy and lightened flywheel it
has been UN-bearable.... sounds like a dog box....

but driveability has increased heaps.. the car responds quite well to a lightened flywheel.. much easier to pick up speed on take off.. doesnt feel like its bogging down or low on torque.. revs quicker and much more freer..

but man this drivetrain noise is killing me.. gotta turn up the radio to drown it out..

i'm aware of the clutch buzz noise as it is a 2000 model but there is also a lot of vibration noise in the drivetrain... my mate at Honda said that there is a fully synthetic gearbox fluid which he has used which solved the problem..

but coz our gear boxes have a pump in them im weary of using it..

any comments or ideas..

cheers..

55EXX
03-06-2008, 07:13 PM
nulon g70 worked well in my eg to quieten and smooth out changes. definatley worth a shot

aznsiko
03-06-2008, 08:02 PM
my gearbox was a bit noisy but it was bearable...

but after i got a new clutch face and OEM Clutch Assy and lightened flywheel it
has been UN-bearable.... sounds like a dog box....

but driveability has increased heaps.. the car responds quite well to a lightened flywheel.. much easier to pick up speed on take off.. doesnt feel like its bogging down or low on torque.. revs quicker and much more freer..

but man this drivetrain noise is killing me.. gotta turn up the radio to drown it out..

i'm aware of the clutch buzz noise as it is a 2000 model but there is also a lot of vibration noise in the drivetrain... my mate at Honda said that there is a fully synthetic gearbox fluid which he has used which solved the problem..

but coz our gear boxes have a pump in them im weary of using it..

any comments or ideas..

cheers..

what do you mean by new clutch face and oem clutch assy?? you should off changed it to a aftermarket clutch kit beacause then you would got rid of the buzz and also.. the new oem clutches should be fixed of that buzz too.. dont understand y u still got the buzz.....

mrs2k
05-06-2008, 10:10 AM
what do you mean by new clutch face and oem clutch assy?? you should off changed it to a aftermarket clutch kit beacause then you would got rid of the buzz and also.. the new oem clutches should be fixed of that buzz too.. dont understand y u still got the buzz.....

yep thats what i was thinking too, should of changed to ap2 clutch would of got rid of the buzz oh wells....

blusir2
05-06-2008, 11:15 AM
yep thats what i was thinking too, should of changed to ap2 clutch would of got rid of the buzz oh wells....

yeh i know thats what i thought.. i thought a new bearing would have fixed it..
i wanted the same clutch feel and didnt want the clutch to be heavy.. its a daily driver...

i got probs with the transmission.. i know all s2k's vibrate but the gearbox is just noisy.. lots of vibrating noises...

the techco from honda even said that it was fine and has heard even louder.. i was like well if its louder than this it will sounds like a diesel truck..

Couges
29-06-2008, 12:33 PM
If the vibration is on acceleration then it's more than likely the inboard cv joints as Hondas design is not the best.

Clutch buzz is when the clutch wears the fingers of the prussure plate start to get wider and the buzz it creates when decel is just the release bearing moving around. I have heard the same type of noise on similar pull type clutches in othe makes and models.

Also if it's more of a whine then it could be your diff as well. Some people get confused to where the noise is coming from.

aaronng
29-06-2008, 12:45 PM
You sure the place you installed your clutch at got the clutch face and plate alignment perfect before bolting it down?
Also, since when do manual gearboxes have a pump in them?