PDA

View Full Version : 1990 CB Accord spluttered to a halt and wont start (no spark)???

gold87Civic
03-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Hi Guys
Today my 1990 CB Accord spluttered to a sudden halt and then would not start (not sparking??) after it has been driving faultlessy for a year. The RACV guy reckons it is probably the ignitor coil because it wont spark. I had this same problem happen with my last CB accord too (but as it was in poor condition I sold it shortly after for parts), has anyone had the same problem and had it resolved successfully?, as I don't wont to spend money on things that don't need fixing.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

bennjamin
03-06-2008, 05:52 PM
its either your main relay (located under the drivers side of the dash) or the igniter unit OR coil inside the distributor is bad.
Do you have a friend with the same car ? Try and swap with it and see if that is the problem....

if it is you are looking at about $150+ for each unit , or about $50 for the main relay

gold87Civic
03-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks for that - will have those things checked

gold87Civic
13-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Replaced distributor and car has stopped and still won't spark...ideas...is almost definately an electrical fault of somekind..please help if you have had a similar problem:(

gold87Civic
27-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Replaced with another distributor (this one is brand new) and the car seems to be fixed. I won't buy a distributor from a wrecker again!

4thGenExi
27-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Same thing happened in my CB7 when I had it, and yeah....was distributor. Expensive fix that one