PDA

View Full Version : Brake pads

RichieTougeBattle
29-10-2003, 09:05 PM
i want to get some green stuff pads ,has any1 used them ???

fueltank
30-10-2003, 10:00 AM
Richie, last I heard they changed the compound formula for the greenstuff and most people I have talked to are not too impressed with it. If you can get old stock, then that would be the go.

Or maybe look at a set of Hawk/Ferodo DS2500 pads :?:

m2h
30-10-2003, 01:32 PM
Lucas pad is not bad, they stop my car quite well, they are cheap too

toE
30-10-2003, 02:16 PM
i have dem on mine now...and well..dont really like em.

im going for bendix next...

slick
31-10-2003, 09:22 AM
i want to get some green stuff pads ,has any1 used them ???

I have used them on my S2000 and would advise anyone NOT to use them.

For a great uprated pad - try Bendix Ultimates: they are great on the road & track.

Cheers, :D

Civic Type R
31-10-2003, 12:59 PM
I am currently using Bendix Advance.. For what i paid im quite happy with them.

Jacob Chang in Melb used to deal with good pads. I think they are ART pads .. :?

I hear the Project U pads are good ...
again Tanghy knows his brakes.

eknine
01-11-2003, 10:06 AM
OEM brake pads are awesome. My front ones have put up with a lot of hard driving and still have heaps of bite on them. I'm running Bendix pads at the back and they are great too.

i agreed with vti-2 ..go oem on the front :)

SPEEDCORE
01-11-2003, 03:47 PM
OEM good........?? A track day at QR in the G/F's Vti-R civic and I had to keep adjusting the way I was braking so as to minimise the cutting in of ABS.

Going Endless when finances permit.

vti-2
01-11-2003, 04:49 PM
OEM good........?? A track day at QR in the G/F's Vti-R civic and I had to keep adjusting the way I was braking so as to minimise the cutting in of ABS.

Who said anything about using OEM pads on the track? I said that my front OEM pads have put up with a lot of hard driving. Doesn't mean i hit the track with them.

I personally wouldn't recommend using OEM pads of any sort on the track anyway.

Civic Type R
01-11-2003, 07:43 PM
Well, the OEM pads and the ABS system wasnt designed for track use anyway. So you have have the cherry and eat it too :wink:

dcii_sir
06-11-2003, 03:45 AM
I've actually used Bendix pads on my teg vtir a while ago. I forgot which model is it but generally I wasnt too impressed. I took it up to moutains for hard driving(about 20 - 25 mins) and by the time I came down, the brakes werent biting at all. Well they were still biting but you can feel the car sliding and non stoping well.. Could be the low end of bendix cos I wasnt there when the dude installed it.

ek004
07-11-2003, 09:22 AM
race brakes rb74...??? heard they are good...

my fwens ran rb74 and say they were real good

dont know myself havent tried anything else really...

im still using my oem pads havent needed to change :lol:

EG_2_TEG
07-11-2003, 02:26 PM
do aftermarket pad's wear your rotor's?

i heard that they aren't effective when u first start da car, and get big brake fade. u have to wait for the pad's/rotor's to warm up first?

confused :?

SPEEDCORE
07-11-2003, 02:31 PM
Again, it depends on the composition of the brake pad material...... there ARE good pads out there that can tolerate high temps and constant braking from high speeds that still retain very good initial bite.....

You pay for what you get......

Civic Si
11-11-2003, 04:00 PM
I'm due for a set of front pads soon!

I'm goin wit OEM pads. :)

Tofu
11-11-2003, 06:43 PM
Bendix Ultimates have squeaking issues with their pads

here's an example that i experienced
using ENDLESS NA-R pads (high end - $500/pair) , i can stop from 100-0km/h without a sweat
then i change to using ENDLESS VN8500 (low end - $200) i had obviously can't stop as fast going at the same speed

but in saying that, the lower end ENDLESS pads still out perform the oem pads by far
much better initial braking and fade resist is only there if you give it hell

from this, i guess you could apply a similar theory towards other brands of brake pads, but hoenstly ask yourself, are the other brands garunteed to be better than stock?

vti-2
12-11-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Tofu:
Bendix Ultimates have squeaking issues with their pads

Really? I've got Bendix pads on the rears and they are fine.

BLKCRX
12-11-2003, 12:44 PM
Squeeking breaks is’t always a bad thing, think about what your doing to your brakes when you use them, metal against metal normally results in noise !
You will find most performance pads will squeek when there cold and there’s nuffing you can do about it, the best brake pads iv ever used are race brake pads rb74’s and there unreal better than any pad out there, but watch out when the brakes are cold they don’t work, and squeek, once you have some heat in them they pull up very nicely.

Having said that the only braking system that out brakes rb74’s would be my current brimbo 13” break setup !!

Regards James