PDA

View Full Version : Euro Central locking

Eire
04-06-2008, 02:36 AM
Hi guys
Do all euros come with a factory alarm?If not have any of you retro fitted a different system to the car?

If so has anyone got a location or colour of the lock and unlock wires needed for the central locking?

Hondas are normally a doddle for this but any info i have is on the US models and there fusebox's seem to be differently laid out compared to rhd models.

Cheers

traumatized
04-06-2008, 08:11 AM
The euro does come with a very basic factory alarm, basically it does not have any shock sensors and so forth. So the only feature the alarm has is when the doors get unlocked without the remote for horn will go off.

eg. if they break your windows and unlock the doors and open it the siren(horn) will go off.

You can upgrade your alarm which will enable you to still use your buttons on your key without the need for an additional remote.

EuroAccord13
04-06-2008, 01:38 PM
It is just a basic alarm system with immobiliser and forced entry/internal unlocking alarm via the car's horn.

Factory alarms can be upgraded and still use the OEM key and buttons as well as upgraded to an entirely new alarm.

I have an upgraded alarm with shock sensor and siren and it still uses the same buttons on my remote, no need for an external unit.

Crapdaz
04-06-2008, 04:22 PM
It is just a basic alarm system with immobiliser and forced entry/internal unlocking alarm via the car's horn.

Factory alarms can be upgraded and still use the OEM key and buttons as well as upgraded to an entirely new alarm.

I have an upgraded alarm with shock sensor and siren and it still uses the same buttons on my remote, no need for an external unit.

damn where did you get your system from? just from any alarm system place?

.QD
04-06-2008, 04:50 PM
damn where did you get your system from? just from any alarm system place?

Everywhere :). I think there's an existing thread already about Alarm Upgrades for the Euro, but here's some links:

http://www.mongoose.com.au/car-security/index.php?product_id=MAP80G
http://www.blackwidow.com.au/page/security_systems.html

I did get a quote a couple of weeks ago for the Mongoose one, I think it was $400+?

Strathfield Car Radios, JB Hifi, Autobarn, they do it.

Eire
04-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Righty,theres no factory alarm on my R but there is an immobilisor,(its actually the first jdm car ive ever seen with a chip in key immobilisor)

So im installing an aftermarket unit but cant for the life or brian find the central locking control wires.I went via the drivers door switch but it seems to be using data as theres no constant 12v's pulsing to ground on lock.

Ive also found the wires entry point at the fusebox and its the same thing.

I also cant add an actuator because the drivers door lock pin only locks the doors,upon open it only opens itself so kind of half the job