PDA

View Full Version : my speaker died...!?

rAySiR
15-09-2004, 03:15 PM
hey guys, heres what happened.... my front left speaker doesn't play anything anymore... could it be the wires, or the speakers jus had it... like its not that old of speakers...its like 4 years.... like the front right speakers are still running strong...

anyone have any ideas... i've got absolutly no ideas about car stereos.... :o
thnx in advance guys ;)

GenV
15-09-2004, 03:26 PM
maybe the wires on the left speaker came loose?
or could be just as logical as someone turned the balance on ur head unit all the way to the right!!

rAySiR
15-09-2004, 06:53 PM
...could be just as logical as someone turned the balance on ur head unit all the way to the right!!
... :D nah i checked it all out with the balance and faders....
how bout the wires... how can i check if it cam loose?? :confused:

DCLXVI
15-09-2004, 06:56 PM
unscrew and remove the speakers then check whether the wires are loose.

GenV
16-09-2004, 09:22 AM
yeppedy yep yep...just unscrew and check....something i've learnt off these forums...some things aren't as hard as they seem.

(but some things are worse)

SiR JDM
17-09-2004, 10:32 AM
you'll need to remove ur lefthand door trim to get to the speaker...
should be same or similar to EGs.. which means screw behind the inside door handle, screw inside that money pouch/hole in the arm rest on the trim

Removed the plastic around the door handle and the money pouch thing (i really dunno wat this is called? :P )

Then the door trim should be clipped onto the door frame, just yank it off a lil forcefully but gently (work that one out :P )

thats the hard bit, next just screw the speaker out n check the wiring.. if its still all good.. probably a problem with ur speaker... might blown it by pumping up too loud, or ur trim may have a leak and it got wet n ruined it.. but thats a pretty unlikely scenario..

na
18-09-2004, 03:46 AM
unscrew the speaker and put it into ur fren's car... see if it runs. if not, then u'll know wat the problem is.. simple