PDA

View Full Version : LOL help?

CKEY
04-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Hello all!

I run a stock standard 2.3L 1992 Honda Prelude Si (H23A1 engine).

What I am aiming to do is increase it's power, now I don't know anything when it comes to modifying a Honda Prelude. I have just sold my Holden Monaro so I have a bit of money (no I didn't sell the Monaro and buy the Prelude. I won the Monaro in a charity raffle and sold it because it's too costly to drive).

What I would like to know is:
- What turbo kits (preferably Garrett) can I use
- What can I do about weight reduction
- What intercooler will I need to set up
- Can I upgrade my cams and valves
- Will it be more beneficial to buy a 2000 VTEC engine (190hp) and turbo that
- If I installed a turbo what engine rebuild would I need to do

My car is at 175,000 KM and it was my very first car so I don't want to sell it (but swapping engines is ok) and buy the newer Prelude.

I am aiming at spending no more than 20 or 30 thousand but I will if I have to

I would like hp to be about 250 if possible and torque a.t.w. to be as high as possible :p

EVERYTHING ON THE LUDE IS STOCK

If you have any advice or know anything please include price and where I can do it

I HOPE YOU HELP! THANKS EVERY ONE

CKEY
----------------
www.myspace.com/soundwax
barghtea@hotmail.com
b.primrose@student.curtin.edu.au

Mr_will
04-06-2008, 02:34 PM
you want to spend $30 000 on a 1992 Prelude.

If you want to throw your money away, go for it. If not, keep your cash till youre ready to upgrade your car.

xntrik
04-06-2008, 02:37 PM
pretty risky stuff.

CKEY
04-06-2008, 02:42 PM
you want to spend $30 000 on a 1992 Prelude.

If you want to throw your money away, go for it. If not, keep your cash till youre ready to upgrade your car.

It's not throwing money away. I don't WANT to spend that much but I can if needed.

For example, I may need to buy a CAI, new headers, rebuild the bore stroke, exhaust, fuel management and piping. I know that you can do things like this on a performance car, but I really love my Prelude.

It's honestly one of the best looking cars of the 90's in my opinion.

So I don't want to upgrade my car (engine yes) and I don't necessarily WANT to spend that much.

BY THE WAY PEOPLE, I FORGOT TO ADD

AND THIS IS THE SILLY THING

I WANT TO DO ALL OF THIS... TO AN AUTOMATIC!!!

I'm just lazy and don't want to press the clutch... But I want power from it too!

dwn_boi
04-06-2008, 02:42 PM
i say do what i did, and put a speed hole in ur preludes quarter panel ahah makes her more aero dynamic :D

i casnt belive u won a damn monaro and sold it over the lude >_<" should of sold the lude and used it to keep the monaro on tha road lol

noodleman27
04-06-2008, 03:25 PM
why dont you sell the prelude and combine the money form selling the both cars and get something else?

simonnowis
04-06-2008, 03:48 PM
there isnt really a big range of aftermarket support for the h series, but i assume there should be a turbo kit for it.
preludes are pretty heavy compared to other hondas but to reduce weight things you can do is prob carbon fibre parts (bonnet, boot), lightweight rims, lighter seats, strip interior parts.
it would be better getting a dohc vtec like the h22a and turbo it, correct me if im wrong but as vtec engines have high comp i dont think you can run as much boost as on a low comp engine
but in general turbo is the easiest way of producing more kw just more work to manage it then an n/a

CKEY
25-06-2008, 09:42 PM
It's resolved! I've decided what I'm to do.

Taking the advice of a few of you, I have sold my prelude and, due to the fact I loved the VTEC engine and I loved the Honda, I have bought a Honda NSX.

Year is 2000 and it is the 3.2 litre engine.

Specs include:
- Targa top
- Custom carbon fibre wide-body kit
- VOLK 5 spoke 17" wheels
- Removed rear window and replaced with a flat version (hand fashioned by custom acura USA but came all ready installed when I bought it)
- Carbon fibre extensive engine cover (hand fasioned by custom acura USA but came all ready installed when I bought it [covers area lost with the rear windshield])
- Clarion sound system
- New exhaust system
- New valves
- AEM cams
- New belts
- Refurbished interior with white leather (Black metallic exterior)
- Headlight conversion kit

The widebody kit and loss of the "bubble" rear windshield makes this NSX look like a low super-ute. The wide body kit is subtle and adds a larger aerodynamic intake on the side and a wider intake on the front bumper. The headlight conversion kit replaces the lid's and look like the 2005+ models, a much more modern appearance and certainly more aggressive.

The performance of the engine isn't changed much from stock even though it has had new cams and replaced valves and belts. 34 kW of power was added to the engine. The car was found on the US market but is badged Honda and, strangely, retained it's RHS drive.

The car did set me back the sale of my Prelude and Monaro and an additional loan for a complete 120,000 dollars US. Well worth it in my opinion.

The car reaches Australian soil in two months!

I say to all you VTEC lovers wanting more power to BUY AN NSX!

Pictures may be posted when the car arrives.

94dc2tegz
25-06-2008, 10:09 PM
jesus! sOmebody is a baaaaaller...

cvicek
25-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Lol ***

panda[cRx]
26-06-2008, 12:33 AM
$120k?

"lulz"

Mr_will
26-06-2008, 01:11 AM
4dlulz.

lets see this 'car'.

EKVTIR-T
26-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Congrats mate.
Can't wait to see the buttress rear.

Surely you have pics of it from where you bought/found it?
Post them plz

CKEY
26-06-2008, 08:30 PM
I was hasty and excited when I posted the last comment. Turns out my loan wasn't accepted for the car because of some American shipping issue. No matter, even though it was an extremely rare find I will keep looking.

I have found an NSX bearing chassis number 008 with delivery plastics and packaging still applied! The dude who owns this says it's his "museum" piece, so I'm interested in this one!

All though this financing issue sucks my heart is definitely set on an NSX now and nothing will stop me!

I'll reply and let you good fellas of Oz-Honda know when I am 1 NSX up :)

Mrkrooz
26-06-2008, 11:20 PM
nice upgrade lols.... ;)
Let us knw what hppns...

yourfather
26-06-2008, 11:24 PM
lol. what happened to being lazy no clutch

94dc2tegz
26-06-2008, 11:26 PM
the man clearly knows what he wants :p

Ero_Sennin
29-06-2008, 01:03 AM
mmm, the guy has taste

JDMWhore
01-07-2008, 11:13 PM
i heard that the T28bb turbo can go straight onto a H23A with a bit of work.. you can find them off scrapped S15 silvias or maybe even second had ones on, dare i say it.. nissan forums.. I have a mate that done that with his.. but its probably best to get as much out of your car NA before considering a turbo..
anyways all the best..

Hans Bond
03-07-2008, 11:13 PM
mods please move to s2000/nsx section?