PDA

View Full Version : sunroof leaking!! HELP!

CER-15E
04-06-2008, 05:33 PM
hey guys and girls. my sunroof on my coupe is leaking... its a factory sunroof. Has this happened to anybody elses civic or does anyone know where i can get it fixed?? its coming through closest to the windscreen and drippin through the trim near both visors..

thanks

timofytit
04-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Sunroof = sunburn, weight, leaks

Solution = remove or use sikaflex

Unfortunately most sunroofs leak.

Limbo
04-06-2008, 05:58 PM
usually the seals harden or one the the main holding seals has a small crack. I used some silicon spray to soften mine up and it seem to fix the problem.

The other thing to do is use black silicone glue to glue up any hole or cracks.

lastly replace the seals (could be expensive)

EuroAccord13
04-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Check the drainage on the A pillars as well as the rear pillars as well, in a lot of cases it's a clogged tube that is not letting water through and that will flood the cavity of the sunroof.

What you can do is run water down the sides of the sunroof while it is open and see if you have water trickling down the four corners of your car. If there is water, then it will be the seals.

CER-15E
27-07-2008, 05:13 PM
apprently its a pin... on the drivers side... that slides it into place and keeps it closed.. where the best place to go to fix this??

EKVTIR-T
27-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Could be the roof panel twisting and buckling from the strain of those wheels.
Particularly when changing direction and long turns.
It's alot of extra load that the car wasn't designed for.They probably add 100kg +

aimre
28-07-2008, 03:27 PM
^^^^

lol

CER-15E
29-07-2008, 08:29 PM
hahaa actually no thats not why lol.. the pin has been broken since b4 i got them... i posted this ages ago but no1 replied lol.. i havent got it fixed cos i have no idea where.. it still works jst fine.. open and closes perfect.. just leaks a bit..

keniirox
30-07-2008, 12:05 AM
i have the same problem , i was asking where to get this fixed aswell buh no one replys on where to get it done n then the sun shines for aweek n i forget that its leaking again , until it rains !=\

CER-15E
30-07-2008, 12:07 AM
i have the same problem , i was asking where to get this fixed aswell buh no one replys on where to get it done n then the sun shines for aweek n i forget that its leaking again , until it rains !=\

hahahaha thats exactly the same as me.. well lets hope some1 eventually does and then we can give each other the heads up lol

SHOGUNOVDDRK
30-07-2008, 12:10 AM
possibly d/l the service manual for ej8/em1 and find out how the mechanism works and go from there

keniirox
30-07-2008, 09:07 PM
thats no help to me i i got a aftermarket one on my ed ?bought the car like that ?:(

SHOGUNOVDDRK
30-07-2008, 09:13 PM
thats no help to me i i got a aftermarket one on my ed ?bought the car like that ?:(

Sure its aftermarket and not a EF SI one?

Check the manual it might help a little (if its aftermarket they would have probably done it as close to OEM as possible)

keniirox
30-07-2008, 11:21 PM
i think it would be much easy to find a place to fix it then find the manual for a ed LOL