PDA

View Full Version : Tein FLEX coilovers on EK - ride quality

saboteur
15-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Hello,

I am about to purchase a set of coilover struts for my EK Civic. In particular I am interested in the Tein FLEX product. I have researched the various spring rates on coilover struts and noticed that the Tein's have a much firmer spring on the front compared with the Australian coilovers. Has anyone got these on their Civic and is the ride quality alright? I drive the car daily, but I do enjoy the odd day at the circuit.

It's possible to order the Tein FLEX with different spring rates, but if I order a set with the same spring rate as an Australian coilover on the front, it would be outside the acceptable spec of the damper. I really don't know which way to go here, so feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Tim

PhatSol
15-09-2004, 08:28 PM
I was going to get the Flex for my EG, but in the end i went for the koni coilovers. For a few reasons:

- Spring rates and damper rates suitable for real road usage
- Re-buildable in Australia
- Had the koni sport damers on my old car and they were fantastic

By the way, which are the "austrailan coilover" you are refering to?

saboteur
15-09-2004, 09:11 PM
By the way, which are the "austrailan coilover" you are refering to?

I was referring to Whiteline, they've got great support from what I've experienced, and they happily gave me the details I wanted. Do you know off-hand what rates the Konis come with 'standard'?

PhatSol
15-09-2004, 09:34 PM
I was referring to Whiteline, they've got great support from what I've experienced, and they happily gave me the details I wanted. Do you know off-hand what rates the Konis come with 'standard'?

Not sure what the rate is exactly, I couldn't find it listed anywhere. The whiteline kit isn't that fantastic - you don't even get damper adjustmen! I know the whiteline kit is nice and cheap, but IMO it's well worth it to go up to something like the Tein or Koni.

saboteur
15-09-2004, 09:52 PM
Yep it's down to those two, I'll think this one through carefully. Thanks for the feedback!

SPEEDCORE
16-09-2004, 03:14 PM
If you are worried about comfort than don't bother going coilovers at all.

G/F runs 12kg front and 8kg back on a daily driven/ occasional track day civic. No complaints from either of us.