PDA

View Full Version : 2000 accord V6 remote control

jamchen
05-06-2008, 04:49 PM
hey all my friends...
Picked up a 2000 V6 accord couple weeks ago and found out the remote was out... thought it was out of battery so changed it but no luck...

Went to dealer and they wanted 200 bux for it...

so went ebay to try my luck but its only in the States they have the remotes...

i just want to know that if those remotes from the states can work on the Austrlia delivered accord ? (they were made in the States i believe)..

Also.. would it be possible to use the later romote+key conbination? So that i can just get a remote from ebay Aus.. but just wondering the key cutting will be a problem!

Tks in advance!:wave:

ECU-MAN
06-06-2008, 09:11 AM
depends on the remote.

is it a keyless entry remote or alarm remote. they are both different.

as for the keys you wont be able to use the later ( euro type ) key/remote as they are ment for different modle. the key has different transponder forthe immo in it and the remotes are diff.

do you have a pic of the remote you need ?

SiReal
06-06-2008, 09:22 AM
James, PM me. i may be able to help you. may.

jamchen
06-06-2008, 10:28 AM
depends on the remote.

is it a keyless entry remote or alarm remote. they are both different.

as for the keys you wont be able to use the later ( euro type ) key/remote as they are ment for different modle. the key has different transponder forthe immo in it and the remotes are diff.

do you have a pic of the remote you need ?

hey.. the remote looks like this except the panic red button..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-98-02-Accord-Keyless-Entry-Remote-W-Pro-2T-N-R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33723QQihZ025QQitemZ3 80032734662QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

It is the honda standard romote... dunno if it has alarm or not.:zip:

vipaccord
06-06-2008, 06:20 PM
i was thinking about getting a second remote for my 98 accord also what is the best place to get one for a good price?