PDA

View Full Version : NEW 2009 EURO - at the track...

VT3C
06-06-2008, 12:50 AM
We had staff training at the AHG Driver Training Facility yesterday and i took a bunch of photos (sorry just phone pics) for you guys.

They only let us take out the Autos on the circuit mainly to demonstrate the new generation VSA system. We pushed the cars as hard as we could and failed to loose control of the vehicle with VSA on.

the chassis, much like the recently released ACCORD, is MUCH stiffer than the old model.

I'll post up some in-car vids and some more of my own personal 'observations' on the new EURO.. but am very interested to see what you all think about the looks of the car etc.

Feel free to post any questions and i'll get around to answering them asap. I have full specs etc here but it's late and I dont have time to post just now.

std auto
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/2009%20EURO/09-EURO_01.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/2009%20EURO/09-EURO_02.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/2009%20EURO/09-EURO_03.jpg

this angle shows the extra width and aggressive appearance from the flared guards
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/2009%20EURO/09-EURO_13.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/2009%20EURO/09-EURO_04.jpg

..and yes, they've changed the head to have the cast-in exhaust manifold so u can cancel that order for the TODA 4-2-1..
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/2009%20EURO/09-EURO_05.jpg

luxury auto with 18's
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/2009%20EURO/09-EURO_06.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/2009%20EURO/09-EURO_07.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/2009%20EURO/09-EURO_08.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/2009%20EURO/09-EURO_09.jpg

std. 6-speed FTW - and this is my favourite new colour
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/2009%20EURO/09-EURO_10.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/2009%20EURO/09-EURO_11.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/2009%20EURO/09-EURO_14.jpg

and AFTER the track abuse, we were taken on a route including the infamous 'zig-zag' road up in the hills.. this shot shows the funky 3D guage cluster layout while we follow another euro through one of the tight hair-pins.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/VTEChnique/2009%20EURO/09-EURO_12.jpg

enjoy.. I did !!

p.s. the Mazda 6 has NO CHANCE !!!

votek
06-06-2008, 12:58 AM
sexy. i love it. im going to get one

aaronng
06-06-2008, 01:40 AM
Very nice! Thanks for the pics and report. I notice that the new Euro comes with a proper strut bar too!

dyljoy
06-06-2008, 02:51 AM
nice! hot car there!

|N|
06-06-2008, 07:00 AM
i m in for it...

wat price range ?? same as the current model??

Alpine
06-06-2008, 07:15 AM
It looks like an Autobot.

IVTECS4
06-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Very nice looking car... only thing it needs is the diesel engine :p

VT3C
06-06-2008, 02:28 PM
it DOES look like an Autobot HAHAHA the Mazda 6 is a DECEPTICON boooo.

pricing - i still gotta dig up the official pricing but I think the Std model is $1000 CHEAPER for the Manual but $1,000 more than the old model for the Auto. Luxury has a $1000 rise but the Lux Sat NAv is only $10 more than the old model.

i'll post up the pricing (plus ORC) later today when i get the chance - i got a heap of deliveries to get through.

Riviera
06-06-2008, 04:27 PM
4th pic look at the flare in the front guards mmmmmmmmmmmmm

looks so tough lol

SPQR
06-06-2008, 10:23 PM
OK It's time now to start a new forum for the new Euro and to relocate this thread to it. Obviously it won't be called the Euro CL9. So what is it?

lukecivic
06-06-2008, 10:31 PM
looks great!, thanks for posting pics!

SPQR
06-06-2008, 10:32 PM
VT3C, thanks for the pics. But tell us more: What's it feel like inside? What's it smell like? Is it actually roomier? Is it Quieter? Is there any noticeable performance gain from the beefier torque? Does it track straight or does it wander on the road like the CL9? What's the ride like? What's the steering feel like? Does it have any cup holders? What's the stereo sound like? Is it easier to get into the back? Is the boot bigger? What tyres are fitted? What are the names of the colours? Does the glovebox lid fit properly? What equipment is included above and beyond the CL9? Does the remote control still enable the windows to wind down? Does the door key still enable the windows to be opened and closed?

We're hungry for meaningful info.

VT3C
07-06-2008, 10:54 AM
What's it feel like inside?

What's it smell like?

I'm kinda accustomed to that 'new-car-smell' these days however I did notice the smell of the leather in the Luxury when i first opened the door hahaha.. JDM cows smell better than Thai cows ;)

Is it actually roomier?

yes MUCH roomier - especially shoulder room and knee-room in the back.

Is it Quieter?

Honda definately tried to address the NVH levels of the car and have much more sound deadening material etc, however it doesnt compare with the ANC system on the Legend and V6-L.

when pushed harder, the engine itself is bordering on noisy though with a definate VTEC mini-pop similar to the NEW ACCORD. It has almost the identical composite intake manifold as the NEW ACCORD etc.

Is there any noticeable performance gain from the beefier torque?

There's definately much more torque however that tends to flatten out the ower curve so the top-end doesnt feel as wild as the CL9. for 'normal' driving it was super smooth to drive but on the track the 'torque' tends to make it feel slower but am pretty sure it was faster in midrange at least.

The 6-speed when I drove it on the street was great !! they've made the ratios closer or the extra torque helps bring the ratios closer together if u know what I mean. The CL9's gears were too tall and far apart for my liking.

Does it track straight or does it wander on the road like the CL9?

not sure what you mean as I havnt taken a CL9 to the track before, but the new Euro's chassis was beautiful and stiff and it seemed to go everywhere I pointed it. They've added in revised front suspension geometry and given more negative camber to the fronts so that can make mid corner stability much better sometimes at the cost of some straight line 'twitchyness'.. but I've never noticed what you say in either car.. perhaps yours needs a steering alignment or it's been in a side-impact crash ?

What's the ride like?

even though it's much stiffer than the CL9, the new one feels more luxurious when driven 'normally' but when pushed, the improvements in the chassis and sussy geometry makes it feel pretty agile. being so much more wider in track, it feels a lot different to the old model in that respect.

What's the steering feel like?

the steering is great !! it has a new electronically assisted power steering system and while it doesnt have the Variable gear rack like the NEW ACCORD, it has a more direct feel for the road offering better driver feedback to the road like the S2000.

Does it have any cup holders?

yes yes I think it has 8 cupholders for 5 passengers - plus it now has chilled / heated glovebox AND centre-console/armrest bin... like the FN2's glovebox.. so u can fill up the 8 cupholders and keep some cold ones in the glovebox too haha.

What's the stereo sound like?

GREAT !! it has a new Alpine system with 10 SPEAKERS EVEN ON THE STD MODEL including a sub with separate fader to the sub like the V6-L. It now comes with an AUX input and WILL play your MP3 CD's also (AT LAST !!!)

Is it easier to get into the back?

while there's more legroom in the back seat, I had a bit of trouble getting out of the rear as the door seemed even shorter than the old model !!! the door opens wider though.. and i'm 6'1"..

Is the boot bigger?

the boot is a bone of contention.. it's no bigger :( and has a raised hump in the floor as the car was designed for a space-saver spare but we've fitted a full size 17" spare to the std. model. the Luxury has 18" wheels that apparently wont fit into the wheel well so they've had to use a space saver FTL.

What tyres are fitted?

hrm I think they were michellin but i'll have to check..

What are the names of the colours?

will have to check - i left my factbook at home LOL..

Does the glovebox lid fit properly?

not sure what u mean there.. fit properly ? i never had trouble with any CL9' except when having the woodgrain trim kit fitted sometimes got in the way of the latch..

What equipment is included above and beyond the CL9?

lots !! will have to check the factbook tonight and post it all later,..

Does the remote control still enable the windows to wind down?

NO !!!!! has a remote boot release but no auto windows down function anymore :(

Does the door key still enable the windows to be opened and closed?

isnt that the same question LOL ?

aaronng
07-06-2008, 12:42 PM
isnt that the same question LOL ?
Nope, the old Euro allowed you to autowind all windows up or down using the key when you put it in to the keyhole in the driver's side door and turn twice towards open (holding it at open the 2nd time) to wind the windows down, or turning it twice towards lock to wind the windows up.

skyflyer
07-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Looks OK. At least still the best looking mid-class sedan out there in the market right now.

I notice the grill is much better looking than the American version Acura TSX.

SPQR
07-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks again VT3C and to aaronng for setting VT3C straight on the CL9's secret drivers door keyhole function.

CL9's were know to have glovebox lid alignment problems. My car's never been in crash (yet) and the alignment is spot-on. I have always had problems with directional stability at high speed (that we used to be allowed to do in the NT) and with tramlining (which I think you've described as twitchiness in the steering).

Please follow-up with equipment and features details as well as colours.

CB7_OWNER
07-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Damn those 18"s look so small on the car... car must be huge !

Jaso
07-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Looks really nice! Definately like it better now that when i saw the first photos of it.

Darkii_
07-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Kind of off topic, but will there be a euro-r variant of the new euro?

I still don't like the back, front looks quite beastly but. Loving the interior aswell.
Thanks for the pics, but i think ill keep my baby still

EuroBro
07-06-2008, 10:30 PM
The grille sux imho - much prefer the chunker CL9 grille

me_kevinly
08-06-2008, 12:01 AM
hopefully mugen can save it's appearance...

snYpz
08-06-2008, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the write up VT3C!

As with sooo many other cars, i am pretty sure this new gen euro would loook much better in the flesh.
As it stands, i think with this generation, the accord looks better than the new euro.

Rudy
08-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Looks great, love the stock 18 in wheels. Back is much improved over current. Thx for the pics.

tanalasta
08-06-2008, 12:53 AM
Sounds nice - definitely looking forward to the launch of the new Euro.

Depending on the RRP ... *thinks*

Doylie
08-06-2008, 01:10 AM
Don't like it at all. It looks like they took styling cues from the new commodore :(

aaronng
08-06-2008, 01:25 AM
I don't see any commodore......

viper8548
08-06-2008, 01:34 AM
I don't see a sunroof on the luxury model :(

_Vtekn_
08-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Nice pics,Good to see some up close pics. Think its starting to look alot more impressive as apposed to previous pics i've seen. Not sure on the back though??

Be interesting to see some of the stlying mugen etc come up with, cant wait to see others start to mod what now is a new a breed to the honda community.:thumbsup:

UNLS1
08-06-2008, 09:54 AM
im drivin them at sandown this thursday. looking forward to it!

centurionau
08-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Alls I can say is that I hope there are some nice looking after market front grilles in the pipleine. That chromy thing looks hideous, in my opinion. I thought the grille on the current model was bad, but this is worse. I still think the smaller grille on the 2003 model looked the best.

mattpearce
08-06-2008, 11:34 AM
The new model looks absolutely terrible from every angle.

Good luck to Honda, they'll need it. I have a 2005 CL9 I'm looking to upgrade, this car won't even be on the shortlist.

Euro76
08-06-2008, 01:43 PM
That's look a grown up Euro but definitely looks nicer than the current. I need to see it with my own eyes before I can pass my judgement. Thanks for the sharing.

aaronng
08-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Even from the pics, it looks like the current Euro got its hands on some steroids and grew some flared arches, became meaner and got released as the new Euro!

The grill looks fine to me. Looks better than the 06-07 grill. Bigger is nice, lets more air into the radiator. As long as it doesn't get butchered like the Acura TSX's grill! Heck, the TSX grill looks like the grill from the Proton Gen2!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6e/2009_Acura_TSX_NY.jpg/800px-2009_Acura_TSX_NY.jpg

centurionau
08-06-2008, 04:23 PM
I am not against letting more air into the radiator,but they could have at least cut down on the chrome and painted the grille black or whichever body color each car is. It looks a bit too ricey at the moment.

Psy
08-06-2008, 04:29 PM
ricey? The Aussie version looks class to me.

Where is that sunroof on that luxury?

aaronng
08-06-2008, 05:33 PM
I am not against letting more air into the radiator,but they could have at least cut down on the chrome and painted the grille black or whichever body color each car is. It looks a bit too ricey at the moment.
Old people love chrome. :) That's how they will sell numbers. Honda will probably do a Modulo grill or similar. There should be also mugen grills and if you want it cheap, you can respray the chrome to black like what other 1st gen Euro owners did with the chrome.

centurionau
08-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Well, worse case scenario we just get one of those Acura grilles and paint the top section black, hehe.

Butso
08-06-2008, 07:18 PM
its trying to be more like a Merc in case u haven't realised .. big bling grill ..

its growing more and more onto me .. but atm it'd only consider it if its around the same RRP mark as the current model .. not paying anymore for it ..

SPQR
08-06-2008, 07:58 PM
The new Euro grille is like that of the Accord. Maybe they've decided it's about time to bring in some "family resemblance" with the new schnoz.

aaronng
08-06-2008, 08:49 PM
^^ I don't see the resemblance with the Accord's grill. I reckon the new Accord's grill is more similar to the 03-05 Euro's grill!

SPQR
08-06-2008, 09:33 PM
The resemblance is not the overall shape (which is different) but the big Honda badge and the three horizontal bars with the ends notched back.

Apart from the chrome, I see no resemblance between the new Accord grille and the 03-05 Euro!

aaronng
08-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Grill looks pretty similar except that the Euro's grill gets an extra pointy end at the bottom.

http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/08Accord/adm.jpg

http://arabam.milliyet.com.tr/fuar/2003/frankfurt/honda_accord_xx.jpg

SPQR
08-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Grill looks pretty similar except that the Euro's grill gets an extra pointy end at the bottom.

The 03-05 Euro Grille has only one horizontal bar. The Accord has three horizontal bars that are notched back the the ends; much like the new Euro. Look at VT3C's 4th and 5th photos of the Euro front end. It clearly shows the Accord-like three horizontal bars that are notched back the the ends.

euro77
09-06-2008, 12:33 PM
The 03-05 Euro Grille has only one horizontal bar. The Accord has three horizontal bars that are notched back the the ends; much like the new Euro. Look at VT3C's 4th and 5th photos of the Euro front end. It clearly shows the Accord-like three horizontal bars that are notched back the the ends.

aaronng is referring to 03-05 model as per his picture, not 06+ model. the 03-05 did have 3 horizontal bars in-between the chrome border, except they are not chromed. Look carefully at the pics and you should be able to make out the 3 bars in the middle.

centurionau
09-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Does the boot lid have space intruding hinges, or space saving struts?

evolution42
09-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Does the boot lid have space intruding hinges, or space saving struts?
http://photo.netcarshow.com/Honda-Accord_2009_photo_34.jpg

Blitzen
09-06-2008, 09:13 PM
how's the sunroof on the new luxury? with the annoying noise experienced in the early Euros...

and what tyres are the models running on?

also would the semi auto allow downshift that would see the engine rev hard? like 3rd to 2nd, once connected to 2nd, engine revs bounch near redline, I notice the early Euro's won't let you do that

and are you able to shortshift, with the semi auto? or even go up to third gear in slow slow engine speeds?

many thanks! and what a good job you've got there!

SPQR
09-06-2008, 10:43 PM
aaronng is referring to 03-05 model as per his picture, not 06+ model. the 03-05 did have 3 horizontal bars in-between the chrome border, except they are not chromed. Look carefully at the pics and you should be able to make out the 3 bars in the middle.

As I own an '04, I can confirm that this is strictly correct. However, the top bar and the bottom bar are recessed further back and are more infill than feature. The middle bar is prominent and visible.

The new Euro has three distinct and clearly visible horizontal bars that resemble those of the new Accord. They share a similar treatment at the ends of the bars where the bars are notched back toward the perimeter frame of the grille. The actual shape of the perimeter frames of the two cars are completely different but I suspect that the rakish design of the new Euro grille might add 5-6 km/h to the top speed.

The operative word is resemblance.

Exar Kun
10-06-2008, 08:18 AM
http://photo.netcarshow.com/Honda-Accord_2009_photo_34.jpg

That boot's a bit disappointing. Seems like an afterthought really.

Crapdaz
10-06-2008, 08:32 AM
That boot's a bit disappointing. Seems like an afterthought really.

ROFLMAO!!! >,,< agreed.

BiLL|z0r
10-06-2008, 01:25 PM
That boot is terrible. It's not square, it's not rectangle and not flat. Most of it is on some kind of angle. The boot to rear seats hole is smaller too.

tony1234
10-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Boot looks smaller than the current model.:thumbdwn:

crinchi
10-06-2008, 04:47 PM
wish i had the job of thrashing htat thing on track =( ... newai... wats the engine running on... i saw the boot pic.. where on the window it says "i-ctdi" instead of the cl9s "i vtec"... can someone explain wats it stand for?

o yeh and wtf 10 speakers with sub come as standard thats like beta than my home threatre system lol...

aaronng
10-06-2008, 04:51 PM
wish i had the job of thrashing htat thing on track =( ... newai... wats the engine running on... i saw the boot pic.. where on the window it says "i-ctdi" instead of the cl9s "i vtec"... can someone explain wats it stand for?

o yeh and wtf 10 speakers with sub come as standard thats like beta than my home threatre system lol...

It's the 2.2L turbo diesel. if that came out, I think I would upgrade to the new Euro. LOL. Otherwise, I am happy enough with my old Euro.

IAMVTEC
10-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Awful looking update

Mazda 6 >> New euro

aaronng
10-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Awful looking update

Mazda 6 >> New euro

In terms of looks alone? Or the whole car?

Bo0o0ost
10-06-2008, 05:14 PM
I like it :)
Definately going to buy one in a few years when my euro is due for an upgrade!

IVTECS4
11-06-2008, 06:41 PM
the new mazda 6 looks ugly... it's only when it the luxury(?) spec with the 17 inch rims and the spoiler that it looks ok(nothing exciting though).

The new Euro looks good in both standard and luxury trim - the 17s on the standard and 18s on the luxury makes it look good.

ACE888
11-06-2008, 07:07 PM
I dislike the orange blinkers? Why cant have it clear coloured lenses?

Also the boot is a big :thumbdwn: it doesnt look big at all and then its all wierdo shaped.

Euro76
11-06-2008, 09:08 PM
It's the 2.2L turbo diesel. if that came out, I think I would upgrade to the new Euro. LOL. Otherwise, I am happy enough with my old Euro.

You once said that you would not upgrade to new Euro because you gotta invest in property. Am I right or wrong? :p :confused:

UNLS1
11-06-2008, 09:35 PM
lots of the blokes commin back from the euro track day are raving about it. im pumped for thurs arevo session with the car.

IVTECS4
11-06-2008, 09:43 PM
lots of the blokes commin back from the euro track day are raving about it. im pumped for thurs arevo session with the car.

I'm looking forward to next thursday... the presentation of the new euro and seeing it up close and personal :p - any news about the euro wagon or the i-dtec diesel engine(with a 5AT being available) mate? My old man is interested in the new euro wagon and the diesel.

aaronng
11-06-2008, 10:01 PM
You once said that you would not upgrade to new Euro because you gotta invest in property. Am I right or wrong? :p :confused:
Tsk tsk, bringing up private info on this forum is not smart. :thumbdwn: But even if I already had property, I won't get a petrol Euro. I'd keep the old Euro. Only way to make me change is with the diesel. :)

theHKway
12-06-2008, 05:44 PM
jsut come back from the track,
the 09 euro drive nice, smooth as and look great!
belted it around setting off VSA ABS, very nice!!

but! the back seat is shocking!! if the driver is tall.. u can only fit kits at the back

VT3C
13-06-2008, 06:58 PM
yeah the new generation VSA is just amazing.. i thought that i'd "tested" VSA in the past but on the track you can really try it out to see how in the extreme circumstances that it really does make all the difference.

Type R Positive
15-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Pricing anyone?

Dilan
15-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Pricing anyone?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1742420&postcount=32

Anybody know the exact release date?

andiiso
15-06-2008, 07:06 PM
i love the manual shifter the most =p its so nice n firm n kinda short compared to the current model civic euro etc .. lol

SPQR
16-06-2008, 12:11 AM

It hasn't even been released in Japan yet! The Honda New Zealand website states it "Arrives June 19". That sounds about right for Australia even though there's not even a hit of it on the Honda Oz website. As far as they're concerned, the Accord Euro is in end of financial year sale mode. It should be released either on Thursday or Friday of this coming week.

sonnic
16-06-2008, 01:34 AM
Official launch date is 1 July, however stock is available from about 20 June. All models are $1000 less than old CL9 prices! Honda reduced '08 prices by $1000 a week ago in preparation for the '09. Standard curtain airbags and 10 speakers on all models, paddle shift on all models, front AND rear sensors on both Luxury models, about 2 inches more width inside car. 148kw, torque is slightly higher in manual...extra 4Nm from memory(234Nm?), BIGGER brakes all around with 2 pot calipers up front, narrower A pillars allow much wider field of vision. Everything VT3C said about the "feel" on the road is spot on! New colours inc Cobalt Blue, Buran Silver, Volcano Grey, there's a new Crystal Pearl Black. Pearl White and good ol' Milano Red remain. Aero bumpers are optional, as well as the usual body bits inc a Type R style ducktail spoiler and replacement sport grille insert. Auto dimming mirror is optional on Standard, too. Lots more to come when I get my hands on it this week! :)

andiiso
16-06-2008, 07:03 AM
mae eps vsa short shfiter (sorta) =p memory seats and the paddle shift auto can go into 3 different modes if i remember correctly .. and the last mode u can actually fuel cut it =p

albii
16-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Official launch date is 1 July, however stock is available from about 20 June. All models are $1000 less than old CL9 prices! Honda reduced '08 prices by $1000 a week ago in preparation for the '09. Standard curtain airbags and 10 speakers on all models, paddle shift on all models, front AND rear sensors on both Luxury models, about 2 inches more width inside car. 148kw, torque is slightly higher in manual...extra 4Nm from memory(234Nm?), BIGGER brakes all around with 2 pot calipers up front, narrower A pillars allow much wider field of vision. Everything VT3C said about the "feel" on the road is spot on! New colours inc Cobalt Blue, Buran Silver, Volcano Grey, there's a new Crystal Pearl Black. Pearl White and good ol' Milano Red remain. Aero bumpers are optional, as well as the usual body bits inc a Type R style ducktail spoiler and replacement sport grille insert. Auto dimming mirror is optional on Standard, too. Lots more to come when I get my hands on it this week! :)

Noice.Was looking to purchase a nissan murano or mazda cx7 cos the kids are getting bigger,but i will def consider the new euro considering it has gotten bigger.

aaronng
16-06-2008, 07:39 AM
2 pot calipers........ drool...

Type R Positive
16-06-2008, 10:53 AM
$1000 cheaper for base model sounds ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!

Missus wants to get a run out model, but I want the new model. She won't let me get a Liberty GT-B, or an Evo X, or what ever the hell other car I want, so I guess I will put the foot down and get a new model. :p

Type R Positive
16-06-2008, 10:55 AM

Cheers mate!

kirikstyle
16-06-2008, 11:07 AM

yes, i heard from one of honda dealer the car will be launched officially on July 1st :)

tron07
16-06-2008, 12:33 PM
dang.... now my euro is worthless....

MKI4EVA
16-06-2008, 02:01 PM
if only it got the V6 motor.

Type R Positive
16-06-2008, 05:00 PM
if only it got the V6 motor.
And SH-AWD!!! :)

Type R Positive
16-06-2008, 05:12 PM
I just got off the phone to a dealer in Perth, and he said they are being released this friday, and they were all $1000 cheaper.
$37,300 drive away for the base model 6 speed.

Looks like I will be going to Perth!!!

aaronng
16-06-2008, 05:21 PM
And SH-AWD!!! :)

I smell a 1700kg car with a 12L/100km fuel consumption. :)

Type R Positive
16-06-2008, 05:26 PM
I smell a 1700kg car with a 12L/100km fuel consumption. :)
yeah, 4wd commodore.... :(

MangChi
16-06-2008, 05:58 PM
I just got off the phone to a dealer in Perth, and he said they are being released this friday, and they were all $1000 cheaper.
$37,300 drive away for the base model 6 speed.

Looks like I will be going to Perth!!!

I also got quoted that price for base model manual from a Melbourne Dealer.

I think the car is slowly growing on me. Slowly but surely

MKI4EVA
16-06-2008, 06:07 PM
fark if comments around increase body regidity are true then the new Euro will be awesome to drive because fanging the old model I was amazed at how confident the chassis was!!!...........only means the car itself now will feel MORE under powered.......hehehhe.

ashame for us if we buy it in March/09 as wow factor will be long gone......hahhaha.

Euro76
16-06-2008, 07:55 PM
I really would like to trade my 1 1/2 year standard Euro for the new Euro but my wife would kill me...arggghhhh.

SPQR
16-06-2008, 11:18 PM
How many more sleeps? I hope the time speeds fast otherwise I'll crack up like a piece of melting ice. That would be a downer. My wife wants me to score a new car. She's the real hero in this tale because, while I doubt I can afford it, she has faith that our investments will magically mushroom soon.

Does the car come with LSD as well as the two piston callipers?

Man! That crescendo wave of expectation is getting higher with every information-juicy post.

UNLS1
17-06-2008, 10:56 AM
lol no lsd, yes to 2 pistons

Type R Positive
17-06-2008, 01:17 PM
How many more sleeps?
Friday 20/06/08 released here in Perth.
(3 sleeps!)

MKI4EVA
17-06-2008, 03:39 PM
just discovered that this will be released shortly with bigger numbers to follow in Nov08. Theres not much by way of 4door sedan affordable performance so this looking likely atm.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/3417/2009-mitsubishi-lancer-ralliart-revealed/

Type R Positive
17-06-2008, 04:19 PM
just discovered that this will be released shortly with bigger numbers to follow in Nov08. Theres not much by way of 4door sedan affordable performance so this looking likely atm.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/3417/2009-mitsubishi-lancer-ralliart-revealed/
Depends on what you are after.....

MKI4EVA
17-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Depends on what you are after.....

I'm after 4door sedan performance in price range under $40K before dealer and delivery charges. Decent interior and has to be new.

aaronng
17-06-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm after 4door sedan performance in price range under $40K before dealer and delivery charges. Decent interior and has to be new.

What do you consider "performance"? How many kW do you want? An XR6 with 195kW comes in at under 40k. Even the 3.5L V6 Accord is under 40k. You can even get a Falcon with the 230kW V8 for under 40k new.

ultimatekenz
17-06-2008, 11:02 PM

What do you consider "performance"? How many kW do you want? An XR6 with 195kW comes in at under 40k. Even the 3.5L V6 Accord is under 40k. You can even get a Falcon with the 230kW V8 for under 40k new.

With petrol prices on the high, are you also thinking about economy? if economy isn't an issue then theres a wide range of performance sedans available, just need to find the one that really calls out to you.

When i first began car hunting about 6 months ago, fuel wasn't an issue for me but now its changed entirely. I originally wanted an is300 but i thought twice about it and decided to go more economical.

MKI4EVA
18-06-2008, 08:44 AM

good point......I did note that when I was looking through one of the car mags on prices and the new falcon does look good.........but the local cars are a tad big for us and handling wise their not quite as tight if I can call it that.......

my def of performance is anything I can have a kain through OPH with and for it not to feel BOATY. pretty broad def hence euro is on the list. ITS ON THE LIST!!! : ).

No fuel is not an issue as most of it is company paid for.

VT3C
18-06-2008, 03:20 PM
taking orders allready !! this model is going to be VERY popular !!

Type R Positive
18-06-2008, 05:42 PM
taking orders allready !! this model is going to be VERY popular !!
Where's my quote? :p

IAMVTEC
18-06-2008, 06:21 PM

Mazda 6. destroys the new Euro in every aspect

tarik
18-06-2008, 06:29 PM

Even the current Euro is a lot better than the new one. I've been trying to decide between the current one and the new one for a while now and what finally swung it for me was that picture of the boot of the new Euro. My 10 year-old hatch with a sub and an amp in its boot that I'm replacing has more space than it... :thumbdwn:

Plus I ended up getting an absolute bargain on the current Euro which you just won't be getting on the new one any time soon.

But hey, to each their own.

aaronng
18-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Learn to ignore IAMVTEC. He is just seeking attention.

Type R Positive
18-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Even the current Euro is a lot better than the new one.
Thats a big call there chief.

panda[cRx]
19-06-2008, 01:15 AM

hahahahaha

i finally drove one today and they're pure sex. they shit all over the old ones and any of the direct competitiors :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

tarik
19-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Thats a big call there chief.

And I stand behind it! :p

Seriously though, I've been looking at Euro for two years and I've been looking at the new one ever since it was announced. Maybe my expectations were too high, I'll grant you that, but I was just getting more disappointed the more I learned about it.

It's a great car on its own. It's got some good features, good looks (for a someone likes those sorts of lines) and it is relatively aggressively priced (understandable in this environment).

However, I don't see it as a replacement for the current Euro. I view the current Euro as a luxury and very sporty family-car. I view the new Euro as a luxury and sporty over-grown Civic of yesteryear.

And that's fair enough. The new Accord is an awesome luxury family car if one wants that (it was a bit too big for me). And the new Euro will fill its own niche, but I just don't think it will be a same niche as the current Euro.

I'll shut up now. :D

MKI4EVA
19-06-2008, 08:36 AM
And I stand behind it! :p

Seriously though, I've been looking at Euro for two years and I've been looking at the new one ever since it was announced. Maybe my expectations were too high, I'll grant you that, but I was just getting more disappointed the more I learned about it.

In what way? all news coming out seem to be positive improvements over the current model by way of slight power increase, braking and chassis.

anyhow main point is your content with the one you have I suppose.

Type R Positive
19-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Chassis way firmer for sportier drive, way more aggressive front end, Pumped guards, lower and wider, increaced power and torque, bigger brakes, better interior, $1000 cheaper....

I think it's more than a worthy replacement indeed.

I have to admit, the body styling has grown on me. I really like the masculine lines, something I think the old euro really lacked.
I do think they could have done better on the flared guards. I like the older side mirrors with the bigger indicators better.

To me it just looks like the old euro finally grew some balls.

I think you will change your mind when you start to see them lowered on 19's or 20's. ;)

UNLS1
19-06-2008, 08:47 AM

um i beg to differ.... wat about power? the accord vti has more power than mazda 6 lol

UNLS1
19-06-2008, 08:48 AM
and for those that havnt seen it in the flesh, be patient, alot of the dealers said it looked so much better in the flesh than it did in the pictars

tony1234
19-06-2008, 09:04 AM
I think you need to drive it before you give your opinion either positive or negative.I'll be waiting till i drive it before i give mine.

Type R Positive
19-06-2008, 09:07 AM
I think you need to drive it before you give your opinion either positive or negative.I'll be waiting till i drive it before i give mine. I was thinking the same thing. But on paper.....

tarik
19-06-2008, 09:25 AM
In what way? all news coming out seem to be positive improvements over the current model by way of slight power increase, braking and chassis.

Mostly "stupid" things by most people's standards, probably, but...

1. I don't like the styling. It looks a bit too aggressive for my taste and way too masculine. That's why I don't like Mazda6 either (as well as other reasons...). Again, I'm not saying it's bad, just not my cup of tea.

2. I don't like the "boot" (if it can be called that). As someone said previously, it looks like an after-thought.

3. I absolutely hate the space-saver spare wheel. This is a show-stopper for me.

4. New dash is very difficult to read in sunlight. Now, it could be that my eyes are a bit too sensitive (someone may want to link that to point 1. above :-), but I just couldn't see a thing.

Exar Kun
19-06-2008, 09:50 AM
I saw one at my dealer yesterday. It was only a standard but I didn't really like the looks at all. It doesn't seem to flow to me. The only thing I don't really like about the current Euro is the slab sided back and how narrow the rear track appears to be - the whole car looks a little narrow when in the company of cars like the Mazda 6. But the new one looks unresolved and fiddly. It does look wider and the stance slightly more planted but overall just not my cup of tea. I don't mind the interior from what I saw of it and I'd like to check out a lux when they get one in but so far I'm pretty happy I got an '07.

IVTECS4
19-06-2008, 10:04 AM
At first I thought the new Euro looked a bit flimsy just 'evolving' over the current one. But after seeing the pictures posted by VT3C - the car looks pretty damn good - in both standard and luxury. Heck, the new Mazda 6 looks ugly - it's only the luxury sports that is ok ok.. just not the base model..

As for the boot, if it has the same capacity as the current one I'm happy... or maybe wait for the wagon(hmm 2 years away?) - now there's heaps of space. - the issues of the 18s not fitting into the sedan could fit into the wagon. Anyway, tonight I'm going to one of the melbourne honda dealers - for a presentation of the new Euro so I see and fire off some questions - about the boot :p

I don't see anything wrong with the dash, - it would probably take some time getting used to it - ergonomic wise - if the new Euro has that switch which can dim the brightness of the console and the tacho, speedo etc.. then it shouldn't be a problem for sensitive eyes . :)

EuroAccord13
19-06-2008, 12:23 PM
I'll leave my comments until I see the car tonight :)....

MKI4EVA
19-06-2008, 12:36 PM
it's a shame these days most cars this size weigh 1300kg+.......

if only they were able to keep it around 1200kg mark.......

UNLS1
19-06-2008, 12:50 PM
ive got them all on the yard now, the more i see them the more i like them.

and lol @ tariks comment on looking too masculine. do u want a girly car? maybe VW beetle??

aaronng
19-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Please give us a detailed report, especially the new Euro's boot size compared to the IS250's boot, which was pitiful.

Pumped
19-06-2008, 01:40 PM
New Euro certainly looks the goods, the boot is a bit offputting though
alot of families/business people after a fuel efficient sedan can base there decisions purely on the boot

I know when my parents were after a sedan, the GS450H was on the buying list but the boot on them is pathetic! even for a hybrid
ended up with a bmw 5 series

i wonder if the new euro can even fit a set of golf clubs in the boot? or is it better then shown in the pictures posted?

How deep is the boot? length wise

tarik
19-06-2008, 01:58 PM
do u want a girly car? maybe VW beetle??

Haha, I knew someone was going to say that... Yes, please, a Mazda MX5 :p

Seriously though, when I say it's masculine, I mean that it is conspicuously masculine. It's not subtle. I like the subtlety of the lines in the current Euro.

Again, I know that these are all very much personal preferences. I respect them and to each their own.

tarik
19-06-2008, 02:04 PM
or maybe wait for the wagon(hmm 2 years away?) - now there's heaps of space.

Yeah, I probably would be gotten the new (or current) wagon if it was available. I was actually tossing up between Passat Wagon (sedan's rear is just plain ugly) and current Euro.

I ended up chickening out of a wagon because I didn't want to become a weekend taxi driver for trips to Ikea for the rest of the family :D

Which reminds me of an awesome sticker I saw on a ute a few months ago:
YES I HAVE A UTE
NO I WON'T HELP YOU MOVE

MKI4EVA
19-06-2008, 02:12 PM
NSW ppl.........parra trivett honda have them for test drive this wkend. I'm tyre kicking on sunday morning.

aaronng
19-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Passat R36 wagon... now that is one a wagon I would get. If the family wanted me to be their Ikea truck, they would have to catch me and the R36 first!

IVTECS4
19-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I probably would be gotten the new (or current) wagon if it was available. I was actually tossing up between Passat Wagon (sedan's rear is just plain ugly) and current Euro.

I ended up chickening out of a wagon because I didn't want to become a weekend taxi driver for trips to Ikea for the rest of the family :D

Which reminds me of an awesome sticker I saw on a ute a few months ago:
YES I HAVE A UTE
NO I WON'T HELP YOU MOVE

Mind you before I had my Euro, I used to drive a 1998 Mazda 626 Wagon - that car was underpowered and pretty porky (1300kg + not helped by the crap 4 speed auto and 2.0 MZR engine - 93kw/178Nm ). But apart from that though, there was nothing wrong with driving a wagon :p

With the wagon gone, my Euro sometimes is used for hauling things (doesn't do a bad job actually) and I think my old man's car is gonna get a replacement soon so we had a look at the diesel Passat wagon and the new Euro wagon with the new I-DTEC diesel (pity no news on the wagon or diesel engine yet). But if the wagon variant was available with the diesel engine and 5AT then sweet put me ( or my old man) down for one ;)

UNLS1
19-06-2008, 02:55 PM
wagons sales in this class are under 20&#37; hence honda not seeing the need to bring the tourer here

aaronng
19-06-2008, 02:59 PM
wagons sales in this class are under 20% hence honda not seeing the need to bring the tourer here

There are quite a number of Subaru Liberty and Outback wagons on the street though. I wonder what the ratio of Liberty and Outback wagons compared to Liberty sedans is. I'd get a diesel wagon Accord Euro.

IVTECS4
19-06-2008, 03:11 PM
wagons sales in this class are under 20% hence honda not seeing the need to bring the tourer here

I read somewhere on a website( I think goauto or drive) that the wagon version could be a possibility at 2010 (when it is time for a update. ) Also it mentions the wagon was having a problem with meeting ADR - that thingo(what's it called?) for the baby seat to hook up onto.. it needs to be redesigned or something

But still I wouldn't mind the Accord Euro diesel wagon...

EuroAccord13
19-06-2008, 04:04 PM
The market for Honda to get into is diesel on top of their fuel saving petrol cars...
I even sent my research thesis paper of the diesel technology and Australian market I did for my Masters to Honda last year!

hazchem
19-06-2008, 04:21 PM
I just saw a 2009 Euro driving around Epsom Road and Southern Cross Drive in Sydney, there is a dealer nearby. Black body, silver bonnet. Couldn't see plates or anything as I was too busy driving!

Looks good on the road though!

SPQR
19-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Do people use their car boots? I thought that the boot is there to balance the design front to rear otherwise they'd end up looking like they got a big schnoz and no bum just like the new WRX hatch.

BiLL|z0r
20-06-2008, 06:37 AM
Do people use their car boots?

I use mine every day and it's regularly full. Boot space, size and shape is a huge buying factor for me.

hazchem
20-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Do people use their car boots?

Every day. There's always something in there!

MKI4EVA
20-06-2008, 11:52 AM
We travel abit and it helps to have a boot you can fit luggage in for two ppl.

tony1234
20-06-2008, 01:04 PM
We travel abit and it helps to have a boot you can fit luggage in for two ppl.
Saw the new Euro in the flesh this morning.Boot space is good,about the same as the current model.

aaronng
20-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Interesting features:
- Lux gets auto headlights
- Heated side mirrors
- Passenger side mirror tilts down when you go into reverse
- Lux gets 2-memory for the powered driver's seat
- Front and rear windows are now auto up and down
- Lux with sat nav gets a reversing camera
- Lux gets front and rear sensors

ultimatekenz
20-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Interesting features:
- Lux gets auto headlights
- Heated side mirrors
- Passenger side mirror tilts down when you go into reverse
- Lux gets 2-memory for the powered driver's seat
- Front and rear windows are now auto up and down
- Lux with sat nav gets a reversing camera
- Lux gets front and rear sensors

Nice features...it kind of reminds me of the the features in my mums lexus rx330 and thats a luxury car and a half!

But yeah, i saw the new euro in person today and i like it. Especially the interior! Its very luxurious!

interfooler
20-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Do people use their car boots? I thought that the boot is there to balance the design front to rear otherwise they'd end up looking like they got a big schnoz and no bum just like the new WRX hatch.

Also to balance weigh distribution. But this can be fixed easily by throwing in 2 giant subs in the boot. :P

Zilli
21-06-2008, 12:04 AM
they look shit in the fotos, a clone between an Epica, commodore, aurion and all sorts of shit... had a chance to see one in the flesh at a QLD dealer today and i think im in love...

Do the interiors come in tan still?

IVTECS4
21-06-2008, 12:23 AM
they look shit in the fotos, a clone between an Epica, commodore, aurion and all sorts of shit... had a chance to see one in the flesh at a QLD dealer today and i think im in love...

Do the interiors come in tan still?

Mate, the car looks stunning in the flesh... I went to a presentation yesterday night at one of the melbourne honda dealer - courtney and patterson - a invitation only by UNLS1 and I got to see, touch and sit in the new Euro - definitely a classy car! The presentation offered some very handy information as well....

d0p3y
21-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Well, the new pricing isn't as bad as I thought it would be, specs are nice, and the design is growing on me.

It's sure begging for some lower suspension though.

I think I'll wait 12 months or so for some low kms ex-demo's to come up at a decent price.

VTECJimStar
21-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Hi all, I have been waiting waiting waiting for this car, drooling over the pics on the UK site, because I want to update AND of course wondering what they will TAKE OUT of the overseas model to come up usual cut down OZ version.
OK I have to live without the lane detection, the voice activated sat nav, the collision detection braking system, the adaptive cruise control, ultrasonic security alarm, superlocks etc etc, BUT WHY does Honda Australia persist in calling that 3 button 'module' stuck to the A pillar an Integrated bluetooth!! gee it mutes the audio.... while you take your hands off the wheel to fiddle with it.. It must really cost a fortune to ship the steering wheel integrated module to Australia (Sat Nav Luxury model at least).. In my present model that thing wasnt even available BECAUSE I had Sat Nav. Why cant they even allow the fully integrated overseas version as an option?? Yes it may seem petty but hmm seems to me that mobile phones are something we take for granted these days and many new car models have real integrated units...
Luv Honda cars had 4 so far, and I do like the look and techno upgrade of this new one but the bluetooth 'misssing' oh yes is an option for someone to take the dash apart to install... really is ridiculous.

euro77
21-06-2008, 11:35 AM
interior only comes in black as far as i know

bigdongers
21-06-2008, 01:05 PM
I agree that Bluetooth should be standard on the Lux or at least Lux with Sat Nav and it should be integrated into the audio system and wheel.

apart from that, theres not really much else I would want that isnt in the Euro Lux. The main ones for me was memory seats which it now has. Front and rear sensors are great.

It would have been good if the nav screen was capable of playing DVD movies as well.

SPQR
21-06-2008, 04:46 PM
It would have been good if the nav screen was capable of playing DVD movies as well.

I think that the Acura TSX can do that.

aaronng
21-06-2008, 05:09 PM
I think that the Acura TSX can do that.
The 04-07 couldn't. Not sure about the new 08.

Drew
21-06-2008, 05:26 PM

Awesome, one more thing to distract already shit drivers...

BTW it's illegal to have one in sight of the driver while the car is moving

Type R Positive
21-06-2008, 07:26 PM
interior only comes in black as far as i know
Correct.

Type R Positive
21-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Saw the new Euro in the flesh this morning.Boot space is good,about the same as the current model.
Me too. Stuffs me what everyone is complaining about? :confused:

Type R Positive
21-06-2008, 07:32 PM
I took a lux auto for a spin this morning, bloody nice drive.
The paddle shifters on the wheel are a nice touch.

Drew
21-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Yeah would of been nice if they kept the up n down on the shifter too; but I like the shifter overall

Type R Positive
21-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Why cant they even allow the fully integrated overseas version as an option??
Honda said it was cost. I read somewhere that it would add $10k - $15k or something rediculous to the price. In the states, the TSX competes with the IS250. Here the IS250 is what, $20k dearer?

Type R Positive
21-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Yeah would of been nice if they kept the up n down on the shifter too; but I like the shifter overall It did work great. I definately noticed the difference between D mode and S mode!

Drew
21-06-2008, 09:17 PM
I didn't get too much of a chance to try it out, a bit too much traffic

But the little pockets on the side of the center console are handy as hell for pens and phone, really probably one of the more useful interiors out there

So I take it that you're looking at getting one?

How did you find the road noise and power over your '04?

SPQR
21-06-2008, 10:04 PM
The 04-07 couldn't. Not sure about the new 08.

The 08 TSX apparently plays DVD Audio disks. I'm not familiar with that format but test reviews say the audio of the TSX is stunning when playing the DVD Audio format. I don't know if that means it will also play DVD movie disks.

Drew
21-06-2008, 10:07 PM
DVD Audio and Video are two different formats...

DVD Audio is like a better version of SACD (Super Audio CD) which is better than your run of the mill Audio CDs

SPQR
22-06-2008, 12:32 AM
DVD Audio and Video are two different formats...

DVD Audio is like a better version of SACD (Super Audio CD) which is better than your run of the mill Audio CDs

Thanks. I was not familiar with the DVD Audio format.

Type R Positive
22-06-2008, 07:18 AM
I didn't get too much of a chance to try it out, a bit too much traffic

But the little pockets on the side of the center console are handy as hell for pens and phone, really probably one of the more useful interiors out there

So I take it that you're looking at getting one?

How did you find the road noise and power over your '04?
Layed down the cash.... should get it this week. :wave:

I was dissapointed that they didn't have a manual to drive, but the auto was fun. It is hard to compare power, from what I can remember what my '04 was like, and the '09 I drove was an auto. What I can tell you is that the engine was more than willing and capable. It didn't have problems with going to red line, and I swear I could notice more torque down low.
I should have driven it back to back, but I wasn't interested at all in getting another "old" euro.

Road noise was quiet in accord euro fashion. You can still hear the engine when you boot it, so not all is lost!!!

It drove really well. I flogged it around some roundabouts, and it stayed somewhat flat and just gripped. You can really tell that the chassis is a whole lot stiffer. I would change the tyres to something more sportier though. My corolla (that im trading in) has michi's on and although they last great, grip is lacking from them.

tony1234
22-06-2008, 09:12 AM

I was dissapointed that they didn't have a manual to drive, but the auto was fun. It is hard to compare power, from what I can remember what my '04 was like, and the '09 I drove was an auto. What I can tell you is that the engine was more than willing and capable. It didn't have problems with going to red line, and I swear I could notice more torque down low.
I should have driven it back to back, but I wasn't interested at all in getting another "old" euro.

Road noise was quiet in accord euro fashion. You can still hear the engine when you boot it, so not all is lost!!!

It drove really well. I flogged it around some roundabouts, and it stayed somewhat flat and just gripped. You can really tell that the chassis is a whole lot stiffer. I would change the tyres to something more sportier though. My corolla (that im trading in) has michi's on and although they last great, grip is lacking from them.
Since it looks like you're the 1st. new Euro owner here we'll all be waiting to hear a review after you 've had a chance to put it through it's paces over the next couple of weeks.:):p

Euro76
22-06-2008, 09:27 AM
I have not seen new Euro in flesh. I got to have a chance where I can see it and possibly test driving it. I had my standard 2007 6MT Euro but this new Euro has emotionally affected me to update the car. Plus, the new Euro now priced lower than ever...I am soooo tempted to get the Luxury or Luxury with sat-nav. Should I update one or not? I still think my Euro is still very nice to drive...or I wait until the new Euro got facelifted in its mid-life (2-3 years later maybe)?

centurionau
22-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Just remember that everyday you keep your existing car, your changeover will be more....

Pumped
22-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Got to have a quick look at one yesterday, quite nice, rear end styling will need to grow on me, otherwise it looks great

IVTECS4
22-06-2008, 11:55 AM

at least that drive by wire gas pedal is refined than the CL9, from what I heard from James(UNLS1) - he told me about testing the VSA system in the Auto... and apparently the drive by wire gas pedal is good - instant kickdown instead of the 'lag'.

aaronng
22-06-2008, 12:20 PM
at least that drive by wire gas pedal is refined than the CL9, from what I heard from James(UNLS1) - he told me about testing the VSA system in the Auto... and apparently the drive by wire gas pedal is good - instant kickdown instead of the 'lag'.

Laggy kickdown is not caused by drive by wire. It is caused by the auto transmission's ECU control.

kimnkk
22-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Looks interesting!

My dad is looking for a new car but we weren't considering the Honda before today, otherwise i would've seen about going to the launch!

Does anyone know how much the options are on the new luxury nav model? I would love to know the pricing on the front sport bumper, side skirts, rear bumper, 'luxury accent kit' and the rear lip spoiler.

The front sports bumper looks so much nicer than the standard imo, takes a bit away from the awkward looks (which is growing on me though, but not enough).

SpeedBird
22-06-2008, 03:15 PM
What kind of keys do you get with this new model?
The same as the old model with 3 buttons OR a new folding key ?
Anyone know,,, Cheers!

UNLS1
22-06-2008, 03:32 PM
normal keys.

i had the lux home fri night love it, but had the standard and man and love driving that even more.

Dilan
22-06-2008, 03:37 PM
normal keys.

i had the lux home fri night love it, but had the standard and man and love driving that even more.

Hey mate,

Do you have (or are you allowed to give out) the pricing for the Accessories? I can't head out to the dealers for a few days, a bit tied up.

kimnkk
22-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Hey mate,

Do you have (or are you allowed to give out) the pricing for the Accessories? I can't head out to the dealers for a few days, a bit tied up.

Yeah, i would love to know as well, seeing as dealers are closed today. Also, what dealers in Melbourne have the new euro? I know the one in Ivanhoe has them since i pass it everyday!

Type R Positive
22-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Just remember that everyday you keep your existing car, your changeover will be more....
But you will still get butt raped, never the less.

UNLS1
22-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Hey mate,

ill have the prices tomorrow

Dilan
22-06-2008, 07:27 PM
ill have the prices tomorrow

Ahh terrific thanks!

SPQR
23-06-2008, 12:40 AM
I had my standard 2007 6MT Euro but this new Euro has emotionally affected me to update the car......Should I update one or not? I still think my Euro is still very nice to drive...or I wait until the new Euro got facelifted in its mid-life (2-3 years later maybe)?

If you're rich and can take a massive depreciation hit in one year; go for it. But otherwise, wait until you can spread the depreciation over a number of years.

SPQR
23-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Laggy kickdown is not caused by drive by wire. It is caused by the auto transmission's ECU control.

CL9 DBW is quite refined in autocar generally (no drivetrain shunting like the manual) but there are those moments when you've slowed right down, see a break in traffic, and tell the load pedal "go, go, go now!" like your life depended on it and you get naaaaathing. Then two seconds later, whoa, hang on to your horses; we're coming through!

Actually, not too much different to my old WRX manual when off-boost; then, bang (for your buck) on-boost like a freight train. Gee I miss that turbo rush. I don't miss the crap interior.

robburl
23-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Have a look at the specs of the new Euro on Honda's web site. It's as big as a Camry almost as wide as a Falcon and heavier than any car in its class. Even heavier than the 4 cylinder Accord. The size of the CL9 was spot on. But the increase in weigh in this day and age is just inexplicable.
Work out the Kg/Kw for yourselves. On paper it needs the extra power and torque just to almost keep up the the 08.
Is Honda after a new market or missing the point?

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Have a look at the specs of the new Euro on Honda's web site. It's as big as a Camry almost as wide as a Falcon and heavier than any car in its class. Even heavier than the 4 cylinder Accord. The size of the CL9 was spot on. But the increase in weigh in this day and age is just inexplicable.
Work out the Kg/Kw for yourselves. On paper it needs the extra power and torque just to almost keep up the the 08.
And yet the CU2 is faster than the CL9... go figure?
Camry's are around 1500kgs too. 1460kgs for base, 1530kg for top. Spec's add to weight. The CU2 is a very well appointed car.

Here we go with the current models:

Mazda 6 (base I presume) 1407kg / 125kw = 11.256
Camry (base) 1460kg / 117kw = 12.478
Euro CU2 (base) 1525kg / 148kw = 10.304

Euro still wins out with power to weight.

aaronng
23-06-2008, 11:51 AM

On paper does not tell the whole story. Look at the dynos of the 09 TSX. Lots of torque everywhere at low to mid RPM compared to the CL9.

What do you mean by new market or missing the point? The Euro is meant to be a mid-sized family car, not some sports car wannabe! Fortunately, they decided to upside the new Euro, because the old one had insufficient legroom in the rear (for me at least)

IVTECS4
23-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Weight increase could be the fact that the new Euro has a stiffer chassis - high tensile steel used: in case of a accident, then the car absorbs the damage better. Curtain airbags is another item added onto the two Euro grades, I can't think of anything else atm that would contribute to the weight increase - but the new Euro had better fuel consumption than the CL9 - both manual and auto : 8.9 litres/100km (despite the increase in weight) and it's faster and more refined than the CL9(I still like the CL9 despite the CU2 Euro fighting for my attention :p)

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Nah, same market. It's just more refined, more sportier, more on features.

Take one for a test drive. ;)

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 11:54 AM
What size is the CL9 fuel tank? 55L?
CU2 is 65L now.

IVTECS4
23-06-2008, 11:57 AM
What size is the CL9 fuel tank? 55L?
CU2 is 65L now.

Same size... 65 litres . It is compact and placed lower in the chassis now - giving the CU2 a low centre of gravity.

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 12:00 PM
OK It's time now to start a new forum for the new Euro and to relocate this thread to it. Obviously it won't be called the Euro CL9. So what is it?
CU2 ;)

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 12:12 PM
I still like the CL9 despite the CU2 Euro fighting for my attention :p
Me too, but I couldn't lay money down on a CL9 with the new CU2 sitting there. If I for any reason at all thought the CU2 wasn't an improvement, I would have got a Liberty.
(I wanted a GT-B but the missus said no.... again :()

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Same size... 65 litres . It is compact and placed lower in the chassis now - giving the CU2 a low centre of gravity.
I think they did that with the engine as well.

Honda has worked hard on this car for sure. Pitty they couldn't keep it around 1400kgs, but thems the times we live in.....

MKI4EVA
23-06-2008, 01:46 PM
went and had a look on sat.......car looks good but nothing too wow about it. looked best in black but thats a personal thing.

interior wise there was a huge step up from the old model and even the current models so they did a good job there.

as previously stated it's a shame they couldn't keep the weight down a tad.

also test drove the civic typeR for fun and god dam that thing was slow.

*i'm sure i posted this on sat night but can't find my post hahhahahha.

aaronng
23-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Weight increase could be the fact that the new Euro has a stiffer chassis - high tensile steel used: in case of a accident, then the car absorbs the damage better.
High tensile steel requires more force to flex, which makes it poorer in absorbing damage. But what Honda has done is to use high tensile steel in places where it matters and also added more bracing (comes with a proper strut brace now).

The weight probably comes from the total weight of all the little improvements (interior, seats, bigger rims, wider tyres) and the larger dimensions.

ACE888
23-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Havent been out to the dealers yet but the LUX looks best bang for your buck BUT I don't like leather seats.... then how - rather not go for a base model , again then how??????

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Havent been out to the dealers yet but the LUX looks best bang for your buck BUT I don't like leather seats.... then how - rather not go for a base model , again then how??????
Mate, there is stuff all between the base and lux.
I couldn't justify extra $7k+ for heated leather seats, HID's, fog lamps and sun roof.
The leather seemed cheaper to me than previous also.....

tron07
23-06-2008, 02:14 PM
with the 18" rims.... how is the acceleration?

kimnkk
23-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Well i prefer the Luxury sat nav to standard. You get a few other things like electric & memory seats, heated mirrors, parking sensors, reversing camera, sat nav, tilting mirror, auto dimming mirror, auto headlights and washers as well as the usual leather, heated seats, sunroof and HID (HIDs being a big one imo).

The only thing i don't like are the standard rims and styling!

Oh yeah, regarding acceleration times, what is this 0-100 and i can't, for the life of me, find the 0-100 time of the Accord V6!

m0nk3y
23-06-2008, 02:40 PM
i need to go test drive this car...the luxury auto with the optional sports grille is what i'd like!

when i drive my mum's current accord euro, i get a sore back after about 10min lol....and thats changing the seating position to best fit me...hopefully the new one wont give me problems.

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 02:44 PM
with the 18" rims.... how is the acceleration?
Felt suprisingly good with the auto. May have something to do with the extra torque. The 18's look real heavy though, someone previously said 18kgs each corner. :eek:

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 02:47 PM
HIDs being a big one imo
Yeah, HID's rock.... but you can get them for $120. ;)

aaronng
23-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah, HID's rock.... but you can get them for $120. ;)

Different. Those HIDs use H-type bulbs with the halogen projectors. Not as good as the ones on the Lux which use D-type bulbs with proper HID projectors.

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Different. Those HIDs use H-type bulbs with the halogen projectors. Not as good as the ones on the Lux which use D-type bulbs with proper HID projectors.
Yeah they're different, but $120!!! :)

aaronng
23-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Yeah they're different, but $120!!! :)

For $120, you get a poor cutoff, substandard bulbs, ballast and wiring, plus you forgo HID levellers and washers, which risk a defect if you come across an anal cop.

robburl
23-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Nah, same market. It's just more refined, more sportier, more on features.

Take one for a test drive. ;)

I did just ... took a Lux Auto for a good drive. Feels and looks the same size as a Camry but without the big bum. But now it feesl to be in the same market as the Commodore and Falcon, which you would have never thought of the CL9 being in before. It's nice to drive but with only 100kms on the clock it defientlly felt less responsive than my standard 03 auto with 75,000 kms. I'd say to keep the fuel consumption lower, Honda have tuned the transmission accordingly - and it feels it, i.e. less willing to kick down and when it does the immediacy of the urge is missing, but as it said it had only done 100kms. In 4000 more it should make a big difference. The handling is great, stiffer and more precise than the CL9. If your need if for a bigger car than the CL9, then you'll love it, but then you'll need to compare it with all the other 'bigger' cars too. Dont' get me wrong, I like the car but I'd get the optional grill.

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Oh yeah, regarding acceleration times, what is this 0-100 and i can't, for the life of me, find the 0-100 time of the Accord V6!
'06 Accord V6 sedan in the states: 7.6sec 0-60mph.

Reading some of the new TSX reviews, they say the 0-60mph times for 6sp man have dropped from 7.2sec (CL9) to 6.7sec (CU2).

MKI4EVA
23-06-2008, 03:08 PM
hahah wtf 6.7sec?

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 03:31 PM
If your need if for a bigger car than the CL9, then you'll love it, but then you'll need to compare it with all the other 'bigger' cars too. Dont' get me wrong, I like the car but I'd get the optional grill.
I think it's funny how the new model has changed peoples perceptions so much.

It's 3" wider, 2" longer, 1" lower.... hardly 'bigger' at all.

Interesting picture comparison for ya:
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42818&page=4&pp=40

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 03:42 PM
hahah wtf 6.7sec?
60mph is not quite 100km/h.
15.3 @ 93mph 1/4 mile time too.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/car_shopping/entry_luxury/2009_acura_tsx_road_test+t-performance+page-2.html

yfin
23-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Reading some of the new TSX reviews, they say the 0-60mph times for 6sp man have dropped from 7.2sec (CL9) to 6.7sec (CU2).

Good luck getting that time. I would expect 7.3 to 8.0 sec 0-100kph in the manual base model. Waits for magazine tests in Australia....

I reckon we probably got the longer final drive compared to the TSX again as well.....

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 04:07 PM
I'd say to keep the fuel consumption lower, Honda have tuned the transmission accordingly - and it feels it, i.e. less willing to kick down and when it does the immediacy of the urge is missing, but as it said it had only done 100kms. Hey Rob, did you flog it is 'S' mode?
It did feel sedate in normal mode to me, even when I booted it. It definately went better in 'S' mode. The lux auto I drove had 14kms on it when I took it back! I was the first to test drive it!

Speaking of fuel consumption, the manual has got a shift light that lights up for best fuel consumption. It sounds like a good feature, but I think it might get a bit annoying.

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Good luck getting that time. I would expect 7.3 to 8.0 sec 0-100kph in the manual base model. Waits for magazine tests in Australia....Yeah, sounds optimistic, but thats what I found.

I reckon we probably got the longer final drive compared to the TSX again as well.....
Nah, im adiment that it is shorter gearing. It's got short shifter in it as well, from the S2K I believe. Well thats what the sales dude try to tell me....

aaronng
23-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Nah, im adiment that it is shorter gearing. It's got short shifter in it as well, from the S2K I believe. Well thats what the sales dude try to tell me....
Haha, sales dude is spewing BS. The CU2 has a cable shifter, while the S2K has the stick mounted straight onto the shifter, more like a direct linkage.

MKI4EVA
23-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Check this out........how hot is that.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/JJaber88/acurats2x500pb4copy.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2008/03/thumb1280x1280_2312784402_b8f438c8db_o.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2008/03/thumb1280x1280_2312784292_6399ffb378_o.jpg

the rear boot wing looks quite good.

i hope the 09 one has nicer 18" wheels for the lux..........

Pumped
23-06-2008, 04:32 PM
I liked the 18 inch wheels i saw, looked smick

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Haha, sales dude is spewing BS. The CU2 has a cable shifter, while the S2K has the stick mounted straight onto the shifter, more like a direct linkage.
I thought so too, he actually said S2K gearbox, then changed to shifter when I laughed! :p

It looks like it has definately got a short shifter in it though.

kimnkk
23-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Went to the dealers today and they didn't have accessories pricings!!

Anyway, the Accord V6 Lux looks okay i have to say, although i don't like how the HIDs aren't in projectors.

Also, i forgot to ask the dealer, is the CU2 still made in Japan and the V6 Lux in Thailand?

IVTECS4
23-06-2008, 04:59 PM
The CU2 is STILL made in japan. just like the CL9.

Euro76
23-06-2008, 05:59 PM
The CU2 is STILL made in japan. just like the CL9.

Honda Japan website still displaying CL9 instead of this CU2. I thought cars made in Japan were released in Japan first rather than overseas. Some countries outside Japan have released CU2 while Japan not. Perhaps CU2 for overseas market only and Japan would have better version of it?

robburl
23-06-2008, 06:04 PM
I think it's funny how the new model has changed peoples perceptions so much.

It's 3" wider, 2" longer, 1" lower.... hardly 'bigger' at all.

Interesting picture comparison for ya:
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42818&page=4&pp=40

And 25mm less width than a Falcon and 59mm less width than a Commodore. It looks noticably bigger inside and out and feels bigger on the road!

robburl
23-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Hey Rob, did you flog it is 'S' mode?
It did feel sedate in normal mode to me, even when I booted it. It definately went better in 'S' mode. The lux auto I drove had 14kms on it when I took it back! I was the first to test drive it!

Speaking of fuel consumption, the manual has got a shift light that lights up for best fuel consumption. It sounds like a good feature, but I think it might get a bit annoying.
No, I didn't realise it had a sports mode, maybe that explains it.

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 06:22 PM
And 25mm less width than a Falcon and 59mm less width than a Commodore. It looks noticably bigger inside and out and feels bigger on the road!
Yeah, I must admit did get that feeling. Mainly in width, but I had just been driving my Corolla for about 5hrs before.

Type R Positive
23-06-2008, 06:37 PM
No, I didn't realise it had a sports mode, maybe that explains it.
I didn't realise it untill I saw the paddle shifters and asked the salesman.

There was definately a significant difference between 'S' and 'D'. Honda prides it's self in fuel efficiency, so the 'D' mode was always going to be lame comparitively. 'S' mode was a whole new kettle of fish!

I still brought a 6sp manual, but I would be happy with this auto. It seemed more than willing to play the game when I attacked the back streets. It didn't have that typical auto lag, just precise shifts when the paddles were pressed. I would have had a serious thought about getting the auto in this car if I lived in the city. Auto's have grown on me since I got my Toyota Prado VX turbo diesel. It only comes in an auto, so I had no choice in the matter......

Did I mention the paddle shifters are cool? :cool:

MKI4EVA
24-06-2008, 09:12 AM
I still brought a 6sp manual, :cool:

how come your buying an 09 model now? like have you put a deposit on one or something?

our purchase date is around March.

Pumped
24-06-2008, 09:31 AM
It'll definately be a stand out looking car on the road with the Aero Front and Rear bumper optioned and that duckwing spoiler & sports grill! looks awesome :)
the optional wheels look cheap and tacky, the standard lux 18s are better i think

i think hes using the american model designation of calling it an 09 lol

Type R Positive
24-06-2008, 09:35 AM
how come your buying an 09 model now? like have you put a deposit on one or something?

our purchase date is around March.
The '09 is how they are telling the difference between the old and new.
Mine will be an '08 build, but it is an '09 model if you know what I mean.

Mine should be ready this week. :D

Euro76
24-06-2008, 10:00 AM

You've made me envy and you've made my car feel obsolete :p :eek: :D
Which version did you buy and would you mind telling me the total price of the car you've bought please?

Type R Positive
24-06-2008, 10:22 AM
PM sent.
6sp manual base model.

MKI4EVA
24-06-2008, 11:34 AM

ah ic.........i'm quite keen to test drive a manual now actually.

CL455
24-06-2008, 05:46 PM
test drove a 09 euro auto lux, honestly wasn't really fussed on it ... interior is good and all features is awesome but really wasn't impressed on handling and the power... thou does sound very grunty high revs...

manual could be a different story - but atm i prefer the old one!!

euro77
24-06-2008, 07:03 PM
a review from cars guide: http://carsguide.news.com.au/site/research/story/first_drive_2008_honda_accord_euro/

yfin
24-06-2008, 07:10 PM
There is another review here- also says that the car has a 5 star Euro NCAP safety rating - first time I have read that.

Safety also improves for the new Honda Accord Euro, which has scored the maximum five-star Euro NCAP rating (the old model scored four stars). The base model is also now fitted with curtain airbags (for six in total) and active front head restraints.

http://westnet.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=54065&pg=1&vf=0

Type R Positive
24-06-2008, 07:17 PM
nice find boys!

Drew
24-06-2008, 09:14 PM
PM sent.
6sp manual base model.

Fire that off to me too please

euro77
24-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Wheels also have a review of their first drive of euro, but that was in Europe and prior to Honda Australia releasing the price (they estimated it $35k for base and $45k for lux). In the article it's claimed euro 147kw. Not sure where the extra 1kw comes from in Oz.

Type R Positive
24-06-2008, 10:53 PM
http://editorial.carsales.com.au/car-review/2933244.aspx
http://www.caradvice.com.au/13905/2008-honda-accord-euro-%E2%80%93-first-steer/

Most of these reviews are the same....

MKI4EVA
25-06-2008, 09:49 AM
I find this a little odd:

"ON THE ROAD
the new Euro feels like the larger car that it is, not as light on its feet and perhaps not as nimble.
Although the two cars share the same size 2.4-litre four-cylinder engine, it generates more power this time around and the car feels heavier in the front end.
The steering is precise and well weighted, but lacks the driver feedback of the previous model.
That's not to say the car doesn't handle, because if anything it probably performs better in this department.
"

all the specifics point to a not so good handling car but it stil concludes that it 'handles'?

Type R Positive
25-06-2008, 09:56 AM
all the specifics point to a not so good handling car but it stil concludes that it 'handles'?
And better at that???

This is why I don't like mag reviews. If the first mag to review it bags it, then all the others seem to follow.

Best thing is park you ass in the car and see for yourself!

aaronng
25-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Silly review. Not as nimble nor light on its feet, but the car handles better than the old one?????

MKI4EVA
25-06-2008, 10:47 AM
I'll wait for the best motoring review.........hahahha jk.

Philip Lee
25-06-2008, 11:01 AM
i think the reviewer confused handling with grip/limit.

from his/her comments, it seems the new car has better grip and/or higher limit but less rewarding behind the wheel.

a car can pull high Gs etc but feel bad behind the steering wheel. and feeling is subjective so best to drive it yourself.

also did the review state which spec it is testing?

diff weight and tyre/wheel combo would affect the result.

aaronng
25-06-2008, 12:06 PM
i think the reviewer confused handling with grip/limit.

from his/her comments, it seems the new car has better grip and/or higher limit but less rewarding behind the wheel.

a car can pull high Gs etc but feel bad behind the steering wheel. and feeling is subjective so best to drive it yourself.

also did the review state which spec it is testing?

diff weight and tyre/wheel combo would affect the result.

Yup, that's why I don't like these initial reviews and prefer to wait for the full reviews, especially the ones done by Wheels magazine.

IVTECS4
25-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Wheels and Motor magazine seems to have a crap load of bias and bs put into their car tests or reviews... I used to read them but was definitely put off with the way they review the cars being tested - stopped because of that. Oh and some of them (whom write for Wheels and Motor) also reviews and tests cars on Drive as well - yep, I see the same format they write in wheels and motor - that is bias and bs.

I would go look somewhere else for reviews that has no bias and bs.

aaronng
25-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Wheels and Motor magazine seems to have a crap load of bias and bs put into their car tests or reviews... I used to read them but was definitely put off with the way they review the cars being tested - stopped because of that. Oh and some of them (whom write for Wheels and Motor) also reviews and tests cars on Drive as well - yep, I see the same format they write in wheels and motor - that is bias and bs.

I would go look somewhere else for reviews that has no bias and bs.
Their review of the old Euro was pretty good.

IVTECS4
25-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Their review of the old Euro was pretty good.

Well I forgive David Morley for doing a good job with reviewing the CL9 as a used car on Drive- no bias or bs there...

When I look at Wheels though, especially when it came to a review of a Honda - there usually quirks like - the steering lacks feel or weighting is inconsistent puts me off though... and they say it with bias and bs... John Carey or Jonathan Hawley are the ones whom would do that. (again, it's not that I have a problem with their writing - just the bs they put in there is ridiculous) .

SPQR
25-06-2008, 07:18 PM
I think Wheels magazine is out today in the first class parts of Australia. Us second class citizens have to wait until after midday tomorrow. Has anyone read it? Have they noticed the new Euro? I need them to notice it to validate my future purchases (lol).

aaronng
25-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Well I forgive David Morley for doing a good job with reviewing the CL9 as a used car on Drive- no bias or bs there...

When I look at Wheels though, especially when it came to a review of a Honda - there usually quirks like - the steering lacks feel or weighting is inconsistent puts me off though... and they say it with bias and bs... John Carey or Jonathan Hawley are the ones whom would do that. (again, it's not that I have a problem with their writing - just the bs they put in there is ridiculous) .

They are probably comparing it to the car with the best steering feel that they have driven. I mean, once you try the best, everything else seems bland. Even the new povo pack commodore has pretty nice steering feel, compared to the Euro

euro77
25-06-2008, 09:59 PM
more review: http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=54065&s_cid=drivers_seat&IsPgd=0

probably similar to wheels one.

Euro76
25-06-2008, 10:05 PM
I would add another review if it has not been posted before.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/13905/2008-honda-accord-euro-&#37;E2%80%93-first-steer/

SPQR
25-06-2008, 10:26 PM
And this one:

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=54066&pg=3&vf=0

"There’s a lack of feedback from the road surface to the driver’s fingertips, and, more disconcertingly, there were occasions during our brief test when the Accord Euro’s new electric power steering would freeze momentarily when some lock was applied under hard acceleration."

Used to get that in my 2001 Civic 5dr VTi with EPS.

Drew
25-06-2008, 11:21 PM
I'll wait for the best motoring review.........hahahha jk.

Probably the only real review you will get...

Drive etc etc don't know shit, cant write properly and just plain suck...

I can do a better review cutting and pasting other peoples shit.

Type R Positive
26-06-2008, 12:08 AM
"There’s a lack of feedback from the road surface to the driver’s fingertips, and, more disconcertingly, there were occasions during our brief test when the Accord Euro’s new electric power steering would freeze momentarily when some lock was applied under hard acceleration."

Used to get that in my 2001 Civic 5dr VTi with EPS.
The steering is great!!! Lack of feedback? I don't think they have driven the car to be honest. I just picked my baby up and man, this car handles.

Drew
26-06-2008, 07:54 AM
EPS is miles better than the old hydraulic power steering systems...

My Accord Wagon has it, took a few days to get used to it, but like with HID headlights... Just can't go back to the old stuff