PDA

View Full Version : 05 accord front and rear wheel alignment .. info pleeease

gbshonda
07-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Wheel Alignment on 2005 Accord V6

OK

I need a little input that may save a lot to others in the future issues with front and rear wheel alignment and may turn into a good “sticky” for others.

I think the 05 Accord V6 has a steering issue. It wears the front left tyre on the outside edge, including mine, which makes the steering wheel turn slightly from 3 to 4 o’clock when driving in a straight line, regardless of tyre pressure.

I have spent one month looking at that tyre on various 05 Accord V6 cars in car parks and noted the same problem. So I am not alone

I had my car wheel aligned on all 4 wheels and we came up with a possible reason. The back right hand wheel can not get the correct toe in toe out because no adjustment is possible, only camber adjustment.

So I purchased and imported a set of rear alignment adjustment arms for both camber and castor. Very solid units indeed.

What I am asking for is knowledge.

Does anyone know what the settings, front and rear from the workshop and drivers manual are?

and

What are any corrections to these settings that people have found?

A small variation in toe in toe out, on the back makes a world of difference on the front; I have seen this on the alignment machine.

So here’s a chance to make a great “sticky”, what are your experiences?

Thanking you in advance.

Geoff

bodaas
08-06-2008, 10:19 AM
i think
to solve the rear wheel, the best thing is to do wheel rotation,
and this problem is normal for most the car, or if you really want to fix this, simply just purchase adjustable chamber kit for the rear

and the front wheel, just enough by doing regular wheel alignment, it doesnt have to do everymonth right, and its only cost $40 each alignment

because i reckon buying a set of rear alignment adjustment arms for both camber and castor are just waste of money

just think if your front wheel sometime hit the side of the road, you going to have this problem later, your new camber and castor wont solve this
the only thing that solve this is regularly allign the wheel when you feel your wheel start to worn outside or inside edge, or your steering not straight

gbshonda
08-06-2008, 12:29 PM
??? Unreal ???

aaronng
08-06-2008, 01:37 PM
When you did your alignment, they should have give you a printout of the alignment specs. Do you have it? Post it up here. Standard Hondas usually have:

Front:
Toe: 0mm
Camber: 0mm

Rear:
Toe: 1mm toe in on each side
Camber: -1 degrees on each side.

bodaas
08-06-2008, 04:20 PM
??? Unreal ???

i dont knw what you mean by unreal
but i only tell the truth
just for the wheel allignment problem, you have to buy whole set chamber and caster thats waste of money

gbshonda
09-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Many thanks "aarong". Unfortunately I did not get a print out at the time, slipped my mind.

In the Honda Owners Manual it says

Front
Toe - In ... 0 mm
Camber ... 0 mm
Caster ... 2 Deg 48'

Rear
Toe - In ... 2.0 mm (seems an aweful lot)
Camber ... -0 Deg 30' (half a degree negative)

That all seems nice except the rear toe - in.

Any thoughts or possible solutions like "aarongs"?

Many thanks