PDA

View Full Version : Philips Diamond vision

Jazzdude
07-06-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm thinking about getting the Philips Diamond vision (H4) tomorrow, but can't quite decide if I should get the Blue vision one's instead. What do you guys think?

alvin_R
07-06-2008, 11:22 PM
get the diamond, it looks lot more to close HID than the blue.....

kongfu
08-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Go for HID, no need to waste money on blue color bulbs.

aaronng
08-06-2008, 09:43 AM
If you want it bluish-white, go for Diamondvision. If you want white light, then go Crystalvision. I agree with the others, don't waste your time with Bluevision. Crystalvision comes with matching parkers, not sure about Diamondvision, will have to check the set of diamonvision that I have and will let you know.

Jazzdude
08-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Went and bought the Diamond vision, they were originally $145, got em for $116 :D Last box left. They don't come with parkers though :(

On the box it says "DiamondVision is even whiter than Xenon HID lights".

I'll have it installed when I go in soon to get my brake pads replaced. I'll take before and after pics and post them up when they're installed.

Jazzdude
11-06-2008, 11:28 AM
I've returned the Diamond vision globes after doing quite a bit of research.

Turns out they aren't very brignt at night, especially on roads without streetlights (which is quite rare, but still...) and that they're hopeless when it rains. Also they're illegal, and they have a pretty short life (~1yr) due to the blue coating on the actual bulb. Basically the bulb is just for 'show' and apparantly isn't very useful at night, which beats the whole purpose of headlights. So that's it, I'm gonna stick to my Narva 50+ for another year and may get extreme vision next year.

In the mean time I'm thinking about getting 'angel eyes' but does anyone know if any retailers in Sydney sell them? A few guys are selling them on e-bay. Any idea how much it would cost to install them?

kongfu
11-06-2008, 12:50 PM
I've returned the Diamond vision globes after doing quite a bit of research.

Turns out they aren't very brignt at night, especially on roads without streetlights (which is quite rare, but still...) and that they're hopeless when it rains. Also they're illegal, and they have a pretty short life (~1yr) due to the blue coating on the actual bulb. Basically the bulb is just for 'show' and apparantly isn't very useful at night, which beats the whole purpose of headlights. So that's it, I'm gonna stick to my Narva 50+ for another year and may get extreme vision next year.

In the mean time I'm thinking about getting 'angel eyes' but does anyone know if any retailers in Sydney sell them? A few guys are selling them on e-bay. Any idea how much it would cost to install them?

I told you bulb are just waste of money...Only got blue effect but not bright.HID is the one to go. Good luck!:thumbsup:

milkman
11-06-2008, 01:18 PM
WOW $116?! you might as well buy a proper HID kit.

"DiamondVision is even whiter than Xenon HID lights".

Yeah maybe HID's that are rated at 3000K but I doubt it'll be whiter than say 5000k onwards.

aaronng
11-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Any HID kit designed with H-type HID bulbs is not "proper". Proper HIDs use D-type bulbs.

Jazzdude
11-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks for your input guys. But aren't HID's illegal in NSW?

howy
11-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Nope, HID's aren't illegal if your car originally comes with them from factory. (E.g. Accord V6 Lux, Accord Euro Lux, Legend, S2000, etc...)

Or if you get them specifically engineered (with cert) to include proper housing, auto-leveling and washers.

kelviN
11-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Any HID kit designed with H-type HID bulbs is not "proper". Proper HIDs use D-type bulbs.

What is the difference between H and D types ?

aaronng
11-06-2008, 09:00 PM
What is the difference between H and D types ?

H bulbs (H1 for Euro, H4 for Jazz & EK civic) are designed for halogen. The D (D2S for Euro Lux) are designed for HID/Xenon. The distance of the light source point from the mount is different for both bulbs and that's why Euro Lux projectors and Euro base projectors are actually different.

kelvinthai
11-06-2008, 11:50 PM
lol go for hid.. and dont just fit a hid into your stock headlight coz you dont have a projector and the light willl spread and blind others.

Buy a replacement headlight. If you wan angel eyes, it can also come with it. i know someone who is selling it. BTW i got HID and angel eyes on my Jazz. Its really beautiful at night. Four rings :p

The aftermarket headlight has projector in them.. i been using the 6k HID and i tell you its really bright at night. Never had any trouble with cops or other road user.

fitvpower
04-07-2008, 10:57 PM
lol kevin, i dunt think cops noe wat hids are!!! i got rbt and had high beam on, they told me its too bright so the cop flicked my high beams off. this made the hid brighter he gave me a warning for drving high beam.

hondajazz2005
04-07-2008, 11:02 PM
where did you get it from kelvinthai?im interested

fitvpower
05-07-2008, 12:37 AM
hids u find on ebay for under 150 a kit with balasts and bulbs with colour temp of your choice. if you opt for jdm hid headlight kit with angel eyes, your looking at 300 per headlight, they come with projectors. btw, the ebay ones are fcuken bright, n blind pplz from all angles, they're not street legal, well only if your in australia

Slow_Dan
09-07-2008, 01:35 PM
fitv, do u noe where i coudl get the lights with projectors wif angel eyes pre-fitted? 300 a headlight doesnt sound too bad

Joe kickarse
09-07-2008, 01:54 PM
I think he meant 300 per headlight, so 600 all up?

Slow_Dan
09-07-2008, 02:05 PM
yea, but with angel eyes, HID and projectors

fitvpower
09-07-2008, 07:12 PM
I think he meant 300 per headlight, so 600 all up?

your're right, for my jazz it cost that much, but it could be less for civic

Zimp13
16-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Phillips head light bulb sucks... got them last time, last around 6 months and it blew.... went back to ask why, they claimed the car was lowered and the filament of the lite moved more than it should therefore shorter life span.... wat abt other brands that i used which is much cheaper and last 2-3 years????

fitvpower
16-07-2008, 03:38 PM
baaaaaahh, lol badluck dude, bulb blew cause car was lowered wtf excuse is that.get hids