PDA

View Full Version : Battery specs

adylim
08-06-2008, 01:58 AM
Hi guys, i own a fd(8th gen civic vti 08). Just wondering what the dimension of my battery is. And if i want to change the battery to a better battery for my sound system, which i am running an amp of 1400 watt for all. Which battery shd i go, so it will fit in just like tht, without any mod. Optima yellow top?? if so, which model of optima yellow top? I heard someone in another forum saying Deka is better than optima, due to his own experience and it is cheaper. If anyone know any information about this, it will be greatly appreciated. Oh, and also do i need to change an alternator for changing a stock battery to an optima??? Thanks.

hai
08-06-2008, 11:08 AM
well battery for soundsystems, im sure anywould do depends on the life

as i see it, all depends how you pump it,

pumping it up while the car's off = drains battery

adylim
08-06-2008, 02:22 PM
I am looking for the dimension of the battery, so i know what battery can fit in wifout mods.

aaronng
08-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Why don't you write down the part number of your current battery and post it up here?

adylim
08-06-2008, 02:49 PM
cant find the part number even >.<....its just stock battery on a FD. Couldn't find any specification on it. Even on the owner manual it just says the capacity of the battery, nothing about the dimensions. The part number is not found on the top of the battery. I think its on the bottom or side where i cant see. I don't want to take off the battery, thats why i posted here to get some info from the pros here.

adylim
12-06-2008, 11:29 AM
>.< no one here knows?

aaronng
12-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Use a measuring tape and measure it.

aaronng
12-06-2008, 12:07 PM
I am guessing it takes the equivalent to the Optima 51 though. Need a pic the engine bay to confirm.