PDA

View Full Version : Removing Side Skirts.

mattchuej8
09-06-2008, 12:06 PM
So i decided one day that id have the guts to remove my side skirts by myself.
i undid one screw and i pulled it a lil to check if the paint under the skirts matched my whole car but before i could take a good look at it, i noticed something like glue? or something.
it was same colour as my car :S

if anyone knows what its is (probably glue)
and knows if its a bad thing.
and how to take it off with out damaging the paint?

let me know plssss.
this sex spec is rice specing. :)

Thanks in adv.

gheybo
09-06-2008, 12:11 PM
wax and grease remover :thumbsup:

baeshin
09-06-2008, 03:18 PM
wat car? wat sideskirt u taking off...

Mugen Civic
09-06-2008, 06:27 PM
No its fine, i'm guessing ur doing this on your Civic coupe?

Its like glue stuff they use to hold stuff to the chassis. If you look in your boot under the covers, it is there also but not the same colour as the car (i think) if u want to have a better idea of what the glue looks like and whats its for.

If you don't know exactly how to remove your side skirts for the civic i'll paste it in here what wrote up awhile ago about removing skirts

hold up, i'll go find it...

Edit: Here it is!

there is two screws at the front wheel arch of the side skirt.
Then there are three plastic screws that you just undo (don't have to completely take out the screw) under the skirts that act like plastic clips.
Then you push the skirt forward and it should pop off very easily.

When putting back on the car, take off all the white square like clips off the chasis and slide and click them on the inside of the side skirts (to take off the white clips i found it easier to turn them 45 degrees and wiggle them off).
Then just push the side skirt perpendicular to the chasis to pop them back on and replace all the screws

its very simple when you go through it and see it.

hope it make sense
Good luck!

mattchuej8
09-06-2008, 11:27 PM
+1 rep to you mugen civic + gheybo :)
yeah im thinking about removing them as soon as i definitely know hwo to remove this glue stuff :)

thanks to all :)