PDA

View Full Version : ITR intake manifold - VTiR

TECDUP
09-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Can an itr intake manifold be installed onto a vtir?

i see that Skunk2 make a manifold for both applications but what is the difference?
i know that there is a diference between the stock manifolds on both cars. the itr has a single port flow and vtir is dual port therefor the shape of both is different, that means different placement for intake pipes, but if i were to change the manifold on my vtir and also the air intake at the same time could i use the skunk2 itr manifold? is there a difference in the aftermarket manifolds like there is with oem? if i were able to do this upgrade would i still be able to use my oem throttle body or would that also need to be replaced?

i have read a lot of different things and havent been able to find an answer. the more i read i think the more i get confused.

Thanks

Robert

L a z y b O Y
09-06-2008, 05:12 PM
correct me if im wrong here but you need a skunk IM that has code of b18c1 or c2, as the skunk IM itr is different. the bolts and holes wont align to your vtir head.

i was about to do the same thing and buy a itr intake manifold but after some research it will not fit onto a vtir head, so i wouldn't buy the skunk intake manifold for itr's as it is specifically designed for itr's.
With that in mind i went and bought myself a skunk intake manifold for vtir's b18c2 and it works a treat, i also used my stock throttle body aswell

hope this helps you

Spoon SiRG
09-06-2008, 05:15 PM
No you can't. The cylinder head cast for both engines are different. The ITR=PR3 head whereas the VTiR/GSR=P72 head. They have different bolt patterns.

If you want to use a Skunk2 IM you can still use your standard TB,but you will need to modify (shorten) the TB cable bracket holder because you're relocating the TB to a higher position compared to the OEM dual stage IM. If you don't the cable bracket will hit your bonnet. You will also need to get an ITR or B16A rubber intake tube to line it up with the stock airbox.

And lastly you will need a VTEC controller (Field/VAFC/etc) to reset your crossover point higher. The standard x-over point for a VTiR/GSR is at 4,500rpm. You need to bump this up +1000rpm to maximize your new IM's airflow.

These are all your minimum requirements if you want to install a Skunk2 IM. Dont forget a new TB gasket & IM gasket. :)

TECDUP
09-06-2008, 05:18 PM
correct me if im wrong here but you need a skunk IM that has code of b18c1 or c2, as the skunk IM itr is different. the bolts and holes wont align to your vtir head.

i was about to do the same thing and buy a itr intake manifold but after some research it will not fit onto a vtir head, so i wouldn't buy the skunk intake manifold for itr's as it is specifically designed for itr's.
With that in mind i went and bought myself a skunk intake manifold for vtir's b18c2 and it works a treat, i also used my stock throttle body aswell

hope this helps you

Thanks...so the manifold is not able to bolt onto the vtir head.

will stick to looking at the vtir manifold

Robert

VTec1987
09-06-2008, 05:37 PM
The ITR one will not bolt on, but you can buy Skunk2 or blox IM for p72.
I will doing a DIY SKUNK2 IM for b18c2

L a z y b O Y
09-06-2008, 06:11 PM
stick to p72/ b18c2 ones