PDA

View Full Version : Stiffer DC2R Springs / Oem Height

dsp26
10-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Hi Guys,

as per thread title... does anyone know of any out there? Every possible brand i've come across is "lowering springs".

Ground Control or any other ebay sleeve type is out of the question as i've had them before and i don't like it. Don't mind ground controls but their too expensive.

Even at the most, 1in lower at the fronts... lowering springs are not acceptable as i have clearance issues from 4-1 headers and a lower tie bar.

Even something along the lines of 6kg Fr/4kg Rr or 8kg Fr / 6kg Rr.

Thanks

dudeling7
10-06-2008, 12:57 AM
sorry, not springs but how about upgrading shocks? or is that out of budget?

something like koni yellow, skunk, kyg agx, may help stiffen things up without loosing ride height?

dsp26
10-06-2008, 01:01 AM
sorry, not springs but how about upgrading shocks? or is that out of budget?

something like koni yellow, skunk, kyg agx, may help stiffen things up without loosing ride height?

already got the agx... i had spoon progressives before, didn't mind the rates but was too low, had clearance issues and the 205/50/15 tyres on a rim with +42 offset scrubbed the fender...

my only other option are stiffer swaybars but thats also out of the question as i don't wanna tear my subframe and i don't wanna invest in subframe support.

string
10-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Do it right, do it once. If you want a quality solution, you're going to have to pay for it.

You say that ground controls are out of the question because you don't like them, yet then you say that they are ok but too expensive? Have you used them before? What don't you like about them?

In the scheme of performance things, a set of ground controls is very cheap. Sure they are 150% of a set of lowering springs but you get what you pay for , every cent. For the rates you want, your shocks are probably too weak anyway so you're looking at some serious cash no matter what happens. Good luck.

dsp26
10-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Do it right, do it once. If you want a quality solution, you're going to have to pay for it.

You say that ground controls are out of the question because you don't like them, yet then you say that they are ok but too expensive? Have you used them before? What don't you like about them?

In the scheme of performance things, a set of ground controls is very cheap. Sure they are 150% of a set of lowering springs but you get what you pay for , every cent. For the rates you want, your shocks are probably too weak anyway so you're looking at some serious cash no matter what happens. Good luck.

misunderstanding sorry.. the "don't like it" part only applies to ebay sleeves as i've had them before... their ok but there was a significant danger in the springs slipping off the perch when their lowered as there was no pre-tension against the strut... i don;t mind the ground controls due to the rave about them, haven't ridden on em personally just some eibach springs though which they utilise....

it's just that even if i do get them it defeats the purpose if i leave them at stock height and all of a sudden can't justify the cost of sleeves... if companies produced stiffer spring rates at stock height then it'd probably cater to a certain market.

as it stands my options are:
- sleeve type (get some cheap ebay ones but get proper springs made)
- ground control
- swaybar + subframe support
- change extractors, sell mine at a loss and get another + get lowering springs...

a very very long time ago i remember see-ing (i think on ebay) there was some sort of setup to do dual valve springs kinda like in an engine head... there were smaller springs that go inside and had these allen screwed perches that go at the top and bottom of the shaft inside the normal springs... been trying to find it...

bennjamin
10-06-2008, 09:31 PM
ron save up and get a all-in-one "coilover" set. That way you can retain any height you wish with rates to top.

dsp26
10-06-2008, 09:40 PM
ron save up and get a all-in-one "coilover" set. That way you can retain any height you wish with rates to top.

lol i wish.. which makes me cringe at the ground control idea more.. coz for the cost of the AGXs i bought plus ground controls later, i could have at least got D2s or some nice 2nd hand sets from here.

i know i'm asking for much, trying not to spend any more do$h on this car coz i want my aurion... i've invested too much money in head parts already for a mild all-motor build.. all because my water pump gave and thought what the hell since it's gota go apart... :p

oh man.... ebay $100 sleeve set or keep my ITR springs? at least i know a certain set of those ebay ones are ~12k/10k and another set ~16k/12k and omni ones from emailing the seller said ~8k/6k

akusuma
11-06-2008, 12:04 PM
try the apexi springs.
it's about same height as stock DC2R but much stiffer.
tried this once and too stiff for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/APEXi-GT-Spec-Suspension-Springs-for-Honda-Integra-DC2_W0QQitemZ220242100134QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6763QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dudeling7
11-06-2008, 12:40 PM
i had omni's and they were alright, pretty damn stiff and i was using stock shocks, if you have agx im sure it would be better.

not too dear either for them shipped.

are you talking about helper springs? that keep the spring pre-loaded after you drop them? if so you can get whiteline to make them up for you, but they cost an arm and leg, if i remember it was around $200 a pair for a set of tiny springs lol.

this was a while ago, might wanna check now and see.

milkman
11-06-2008, 01:02 PM
KMAC in Hurstville can custom make springs to any height and spring rates that you should desire.

dsp26
11-06-2008, 01:16 PM
try the apexi springs.
it's about same height as stock DC2R but much stiffer.
tried this once and too stiff for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/APEXi-GT-Spec-Suspension-Springs-for-Honda-Integra-DC2_W0QQitemZ220242100134QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6763QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
will check it out, thanks.. can't access ebay at work right now....

i had omni's and they were alright, pretty damn stiff and i was using stock shocks, if you have agx im sure it would be better.

not too dear either for them shipped.

are you talking about helper springs? that keep the spring pre-loaded after you drop them? if so you can get whiteline to make them up for you, but they cost an arm and leg, if i remember it was around $200 a pair for a set of tiny springs lol.

this was a while ago, might wanna check now and see.
was thinking that, and the helper springs do cost a bit.. was $130 a pair last time i checked

KMAC in Hurstville can custom make springs to any height and spring rates that you should desire.
will give them a try. thanks.

i'm just trying to be tight :p with budget limit of $300 (assuming i can resell my ITRs for around $100), so really... $200 lol

milkman
11-06-2008, 01:19 PM
$250 is about on the money.

CB7_OWNER
12-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Its actually KMAC in Rockdale as far as i know.... they have website.. so u can check dat up... and i quoted them once.. was around the $400 mark.. any height any rate

EG30
12-06-2008, 09:05 PM
KMAC springs great in that sense provided you know what to specify. Got a set of custom made springs for my E30 BMW 323i some 15 years ago and despite their orange paint finish look rough and chip off easily, the spring metallurgy is unreal. After all these years it hasnt sagged at all despite the weight of the stereo of 60kg in the boot. If they were Kings springs the boot floor would be scrapping the road by now!

vinnY
13-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Springs are then Shot peened to stress relieve then fully Scragged and Rated.
WORLDS LARGEST RANGE 1950’S TO 2007.
In the unlikely chance we haven’t got it - send specs and we will make it. (including any height).

website sucks though.. can't navigate it properly in safari

let me know what price you end up getting.. might be interested to get a set made up since my eibach's are a little low