PDA

View Full Version : Accord Euro Run out specials

unity
12-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Was just wondering whether anyone has purchased an Accord Euro during the month of May?

The situation is that during the month of June the base RRP has dropped by $1000 and Honda is also offering a 5 year warranty with road side assist.
When you read the fine print it states:

All offers available at participating Honda Dealers on current new stock while stocks last on vehicles purchased and delivered between 01/05/08 - 30/06/08. Honda Australia/Honda Dealers reserve the right to change or extend these offers.

Does this mean than if we purchased in May that we are entitled to a $1000 rebate and the extended warrany on our car?

BiLL|z0r
12-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Why not ring the dealer and ask?

unity
12-06-2008, 11:51 AM
I have rung many people but most try to shy away from the question and others don't know. My dealer is coming to the party with the 5 year warranty, but no offer for compensation on the price. I would have thought if I was entitled to one offer then I was eligible for the other.

Anyway, main reason for bringing this up is to ensure that others in the same situation end up getting what we are entitled to. I would love to hear from others.

traumatized
12-06-2008, 12:17 PM
call honda australia and ask them? explain that the dealer you bought the car off has not given you a definate answer, if they say you are entitled to it ask them to send a letter to confirm.

so you don't find yourself in a pickle down the track

MangChi
12-06-2008, 12:52 PM
i got 29.990 drive away for my manual euro std model. that was towards the end of may.

but i think that your price is per what you have contractually agreed on with the dealer. So pretty much one you have signed the agreement you are locked in. Well that is my understanding at least.

yfin
12-06-2008, 12:56 PM
I have rung many people but most try to shy away from the question and others don't know. My dealer is coming to the party with the 5 year warranty, but no offer for compensation on the price. I would have thought if I was entitled to one offer then I was eligible for the other.

Anyway, main reason for bringing this up is to ensure that others in the same situation end up getting what we are entitled to. I would love to hear from others.

What do you mean entitled to? If you have done a deal on a car and signed the paperwork - you have done a deal based on what was agreed at the time of sale and in the paperwork. It sounds to me that you have done a deal on a vehicle purchase, signed the paperwork and now you want more because Honda dropped the RRP. You can't have everything - a contract is a contract and you signed the agreement happy with what it says.

Dealers have a crap job if they have to put up with this sort of rubbish.

MangChi
12-06-2008, 01:00 PM
What do you mean entitled to? If you have done a deal on a car and signed the paperwork - you have done a deal based on what was agreed at the time of sale and in the paperwork. It sounds to me that you have done a deal on a vehicle purchase, signed the paperwork and now you want more because Honda dropped the RRP. You can't have everything - a contract is a contract and you signed the agreement happy with what it says.

i think that is pretty much spot on. If you want to think of it in another way, getting a home loan at a fixed rate, then you learn that interest rates drop the next month. Can't do much because of the contract.

unity
12-06-2008, 01:32 PM

Well if the current deal was for June only then they would specify that the deal was valid from 01/06/08 till 30/06/08. The fact they they say the deal is effective from 01/05/08 gives the impression that a deal signed and delivered in May is also covered under this special. There is such a word as "retrospective". We have retrospective laws passed all the time. Why is in not possible to have retrospective deals?

MangChi
12-06-2008, 01:44 PM
how much did you purchase the car for? have you already picked it up? if not how much deposit? you can always forgo your deposit if its less than 1000 and then go get a euro from another dealer if you want that $1000 less. but that is assuming you haven't accepted delivery or made a large payment on the car itself.

unity
12-06-2008, 01:47 PM
i think that is pretty much spot on. If you want to think of it in another way, getting a home loan at a fixed rate, then you learn that interest rates drop the next month. Can't do much because of the contract.

If interest rates dropped heaps and the bank themselves lowered the fixed term rate (which they can change any time they want) and then they offered you the lower rate would you accept if???? OFCOURSE you would.

Same thing here. if Honda is offering a deal that gives some extra entitlements to people that have already purchased their car prior (ie during May) WHY NOT PUT YOUR HAND UP AND ASK FOR THEM?

unity
12-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Yes I have received delivery and I am very happy with it. What annoys me is that you ask a simple question regarding the offer and people dont know or try to avoid answering the question. It's quite a simple question that either requires a yes or no answer. What have they got to hide? If dealers can't give you a straight answer on such a simple question then when can you ever take their word for anything? The public has the right to be properly informed and not to be mislead nor deceived. And traders have an obligation to practice fairly and ethically. So why doesn't Honda nor the dealers give a consistent, truthful and honest answer? We are entitled to that!!

Crapdaz
12-06-2008, 02:05 PM
normally they dont sell there cars at RRP anyways, when you negotiate they already have a margin that they set to lower it to make you think your getting a better price even though they still make a profit.

If you negotiated and research through various dealers you would find it that you can prob get a good deal compared to RRP price.

How much did you get the car for anyways?

MangChi
12-06-2008, 02:06 PM
um i wont bother with the fixed interest example i could go on for days about it =]
but i guess it also says that Honda Australia/Honda Dealers reserve the right to change or extend these offers. i guess you could argue it but it would be very hard to obtain a 1000 rebate because Honda will just rip out all this contractual obligations stuff.
In all seriousness before Honda even release an advertisement much like other companies, they consult their legal advisors to make sure that what they have put in there has no loopholes etc so they won't get bitten in the butt.

I hope this clarifies it a bit?

unity
12-06-2008, 02:17 PM
I got it at the RRP but with heaps and heaps of extras. It is soon due for the first service and so far so good. But I like the lighter feeling of the Honda Civic and especially its ease of driving in stop/start traffic

unity
12-06-2008, 02:23 PM
That's true. It is up to the dealer at the end of the day. But as I said before I got the extended warranty and I am happy with that alone. If I was to get anything extra that would be a bonus.

MangChi, you mentioned you purchased your car late May. Did you get the 5 year warranty with road side assist?

geekmonkey
12-06-2008, 02:41 PM
I got it at the RRP but with heaps and heaps of extras. It is soon due for the first service and so far so good. But I like the lighter feeling of the Honda Civic and especially its ease of driving in stop/start traffic

I think its the right time to say... "The Grass Always Greener on Our Neighbours’ Front Yard"

Love the euro so much man...its uncompareable with the civic.....

yfin
12-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Well if the current deal was for June only then they would specify that the deal was valid from 01/06/08 till 30/06/08. The fact they they say the deal is effective from 01/05/08 gives the impression that a deal signed and delivered in May is also covered under this special. There is such a word as "retrospective". We have retrospective laws passed all the time. Why is in not possible to have retrospective deals?

I don't think you really understand how vehicle contracts work. The Honda "offer" you read in the paper clearly says that the dealer can vary the Honda offer.

Your contract can say the Euro costs you $20k or $200k. It makes no difference to Honda or the "offer" the price you pay. The "offer" relates to the RECOMMENDED retail price (note the word recommended?) - Honda by law cannot fix the price as that would be resale price maintenance, not permitted under the Trade Practices Act.

The contract you have means that the dealer varied the "offer" - and the price you agreed to pay is the price you pay.

If your dealer gives you the $1000 now that is because of goodwill - not because you are entitled to anything. So be careful saying that Honda/the dealers are misleading as you are very much mistaken as to your position on this.

unity
12-06-2008, 04:46 PM
If your dealer gives you the $1000 now that is because of goodwill - not because you are entitled to anything. So be careful saying that Honda/the dealers are misleading as you are very much mistaken as to your position on this.[/QUOTE]

The information officer at the ACCC agreed that they advetisement could be interpreted as misleading because it depends on who reads it and how they interpret the statement. But at the end of the day its not worth making a fuss about. If the dealer obliges in any way then thats a bonus.

But as I said before it does not hurt to ask.

MangChi
12-06-2008, 05:13 PM
That's true. It is up to the dealer at the end of the day. But as I said before I got the extended warranty and I am happy with that alone. If I was to get anything extra that would be a bonus.

MangChi, you mentioned you purchased your car late May. Did you get the 5 year warranty with road side assist?

Yep, i got the 5 year warranty and the road side assist. Signed the paper work on the 24th day of May 08

tron07
12-06-2008, 05:40 PM
The 5 years warranty and roadside assist is from Honda itself, not the dealers... so if you purchase your car betweem those dates, you should be able to get the warranty and roadside assist. Check with Honda.

unity
12-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Yep, i got the 5 year warranty and the road side assist. Signed the paper work on the 24th day of May 08

Have you received the forms and documentation for the warranty and road side assist? I have no Idea what number I would have to call. I still have RACV cover which I probably should dispose of for the next 5 years. The documentation is supposed to come in the mail.

unity
12-06-2008, 05:50 PM
The 5 years warranty and roadside assist is from Honda itself, not the dealers... so if you purchase your car betweem those dates, you should be able to get the warranty and roadside assist. Check with Honda.

That's my exact point. I rang Honda and they say speak to the dealer. Then you speak to the dealer and they refer you back to Honda. It becomes like a game of tug-a-war where you go from one side to the other and at the end they seem to want to frustrate customers to the point where one just says its too hard and gives up. This then becomes a win-win situation for Honda and the dealer. Where is the customer service?

yfin
12-06-2008, 07:18 PM
The information officer at the ACCC agreed that they advetisement could be interpreted as misleading because it depends on who reads it and how they interpret the statement..

There is nothing the ACCC can do about that ad. Let us know how you go but I don't like your chances.

unity
12-06-2008, 07:51 PM
There is nothing the ACCC can do about that ad. Let us know how you go but I don't like your chances.

The dealer has offered the 5 year warranty so I consider this a fair comprimise. I am not a confrontational type person and would not take any matter further than a face to face meeting. I merely stated my arguement based on how I read and interpreted the advertisement. The fact that I am atleast getting the extra warranty gives other people out there the opportunity to obtain an extra warranty they may well be entitled to.

tron07
13-06-2008, 12:15 PM
why not talk to your honda saleman?? is he not willing to help you out or call honda on behalf of you?

unity
13-06-2008, 04:47 PM
why not talk to your honda saleman?? is he not willing to help you out or call honda on behalf of you?

The sales person I had dealt with has left. That would have otherwise been my first point of call

Type R Positive
16-06-2008, 05:20 PM

They only recently put that offer out, glad you got the 5 year warranty mate.
Pity about the $1000, but at least you got something.

YOU STILL GOT A FANTASTIC CAR AT A FANTASTIC PRICE!

unity
16-06-2008, 06:40 PM
They only recently put that offer out, glad you got the 5 year warranty mate.
Pity about the $1000, but at least you got something.

YOU STILL GOT A FANTASTIC CAR AT A FANTASTIC PRICE!

Thats so true. I am sure everyone on this forum would agree the accord euro is a top car

Euro76
16-06-2008, 07:56 PM
36k driveaway for luxury Euro and add another 2k for satellite nav version. That's real bargain!

Crapdaz
16-06-2008, 09:38 PM
lets all go buy ourselves another euro....

ticklenow1
18-06-2008, 02:37 PM
That's a great price. I got quoted $40800 for Lux Sat Nav with a tow bar, mats and protectors.

Zimp13
18-06-2008, 02:53 PM
i was offered $29990 driveaway for 6 spd manual... tempting

tron07
18-06-2008, 03:15 PM
I got mine at 34k drive away almost 2 years ago....

Jaso
18-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Generally if you are half decent with negotiation you should be able to do better then 1k off anyway. Sounds like you got an ok deal...dont be too upset mate you got yourself a great car :)

Like most...dealers are in the business of making as much $$$ as possible. Theyre not gonna give you what you dont ask for...as a general rule of thumb.

Economic
27-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Put a deposit on my car luxury + sat nav for $39,500 drive away, included tints, rear parking sensors, mats.. 5 yr warranty 24hr roadside assist

I think I got shafted on my trade in :)

These runouts are going fast. It was a Thursday when I paid my deposit and there were lots of people making enquiries... I rang many dealers and many only had 1 standard and a luxury model left.,.. Parramatta had 4 standards and 1 luxury...

Very happy with the purchase..