PDA

View Full Version : My door lock is jammed :(

zx6r.j1
13-06-2008, 09:06 AM
I don't know how it happened, but my driver door's lock is jammed in locking position.

I can't even pull it manually from the inside. Tried disconnecting the batteries etc. just in case the autolock held it... no success :(

Any ideas how to get around this problem? I've heard one must tear the panel apart but obviously I don't want to do that ...

minhkore
13-06-2008, 09:15 AM
yeah, u gotta tear the side door panel, and check inside at the door lock area..cud have sumthing fallen out or broken, thats why ur lock isnt responding

02gzm
13-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Do you have central locking? I had a similar problem once. Got locked inside my car lol. Both central locking actuators died and jammed up at the same time.

Zdster
13-06-2008, 10:23 AM
yeah, u gotta tear the side door panel, and check inside at the door lock area..cud have sumthing fallen out or broken, thats why ur lock isnt responding

You are going to have trouble doing that since the door is closed and the panel would be wedged against the dash. Only suggestion that I can think of is to get a coat hanger that you could feed along the inside of the window (with the window in the up position) and try hooking the lock mechanism.

Aleksi
13-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Tried unlocking the door using the key?

02gzm
13-06-2008, 12:24 PM
when both my doors jammed i had to rip the door trim off while the door was closed. surprisingly if you unclip everything you can pull off the outside edge of the trim off and reach in and unlock the door by hand quite easy.

pr0digy
13-06-2008, 01:16 PM
If you have central locking, first try checking the fuse. Not sure if its the one in your engine bay or inside. But if all else fails, u need to open that lining

zx6r.j1
13-06-2008, 01:48 PM
when both my doors jammed i had to rip the door trim off while the door was closed. surprisingly if you unclip everything you can pull off the outside edge of the trim off and reach in and unlock the door by hand quite easy.

Hi guys, yes i've tried manual i.e keys, pulling it, etc. It seems like a "hardware jam" instead of electrical malfunction.

Could you please elaborate more how I can "unclip everything" with the trim wedged against the door please ?

Zdster
13-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi guys, yes i've tried manual i.e keys, pulling it, etc. It seems like a "hardware jam" instead of electrical malfunction.

Could you please elaborate more how I can "unclip everything" with the trim wedged against the door please ?

Yep, easy.

First take out two screws - there is one in the centre of arm, in the bottom of the tray and the second is behind the inside door handle itself (open the handle and you will see it).

Then all that holds the panel in place is a series of clips. To pull them out all you need to do is start at the bottom corner of the edge of the door and pull out. The top edge of the panel is held in place with a lip that curves over the top near the window. Once you have removed all the clips push up to clear the lip and the panel should be free.

If you need drawings let me know.

Silly me. Also forgot, you need to remove the speaker cover (pushing the cover downwards should work) and remove the screws that hold the panel down (do this before you start pulling the clips off).

zx6r.j1
13-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the tips.. I feel better already.

Will try this as soon as I'm home.

bennjamin
13-06-2008, 02:11 PM
another thing - chances are due to bad weather IE wet wet wet rain) the doorlocks dont always open.
Try flicking the drivers side with your hand a few times (open/close/open/close) and this can sometimes unstick it or the other side.
Water seems to get in the control unit..at a guess

zx6r.j1
13-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks for that idea. In my case I can't even pull the lock up. Have you experienced this? Very weird.

I will definitely try that one.

jdmlvn
13-06-2008, 03:52 PM
hey dude,

i've got the same problem, seems like something is jamming up my central locking.. i can still lock and unlock with the key, i've just taken off the trim and checked it last time and it fixed itself.. think mine was cause its an old central locking motor. let us know what your problem is.

zx6r.j1
15-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Ok.. update on my problems and it is a good news.

First I tried to open the trim with the door shut. I found this next to impossible as the trim was wedged against the door pillars. :(

I tried my luck by forcing the key from outside (it moved a tiny bit) and open the door handle at the same time .. and it worked :D

Once the door opened everything was downhill. Took the trim off and the problem was jammed central lock actuator. Not sure if it got burnt inside or what but basically it won't move.

Went to Autobarn and the replacement cost $25 only... nice :thumbsup:. Everything is all good now.

Thanks everyone... and jdmlvn... if you have intermittent problem with the central lock actuator, get it replaced soon before it jam your door in locked close position!