PDA

View Full Version : car accidents >_<

anhie
14-06-2008, 06:54 PM
hey

just had a car accident and i was so close to home.

anyway what happened was at the intersection i was going straight and this car on the other side was turning right and we collided.

he's admitted fault - what should i do? do i call my insurance? his? how does it work? getting quote on repairs and stuffs

any help appreciate
anh

SuiJin
14-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Okay, first of all did u hit into him or went into a pole?

MikeyG
14-06-2008, 06:57 PM
call ur insurance ASAP!!! tell them wat happend... tell them he addmited fault... did ur grab all his detz?>?

his licen number full name insurance comapny... insurance id if possible grab anything that u can.. take some pics on your damage and his!! tel him to write on a paper he admitted fault.. sign it and date it...

your insurance company will actually tell u what detz to get so ye gl dude

SuiJin
14-06-2008, 06:58 PM
1. Both pulled over [No-One Ran Off] Correct!
2. Details - Car Registration/Plates, Drivers Details - License Number [Exchanged]
3. Photography if possible or witness contacts.
4. Write a detailed experience. Direction of heading which road where, and which was opposite driver was going.
5. Call insurer.

Someone²
14-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Contact your insurance asap, lol these things seem to take a long time. Im hoping that you exchanged details at the scene. Your insurance company will want these. If there was major damage you will need to make a police report, as your insurance company will want the details from this.
Also if the other driver has admitted fault try get this is writing... Stories seem to change when people find out how much things are going to cost!

anhie
14-06-2008, 08:59 PM
im just curious. do i call my insurance and tell them the incident or call his insurance? the police came not because anyone was injure just they were in the area and made a report. i didnt even have my licence with at the time. the other driver got fine for careless driving guessing that its his fault.
he need to give way to oncoming traffic when turning.

thanks all i post some pics later

SuiJin
14-06-2008, 09:13 PM
umm call urs. and provide his.

Samm928
14-06-2008, 09:17 PM
YAYER INSURANCE JOB!!! WREX BLUE ! xD

ekdez
14-06-2008, 10:05 PM
most insurance companies need a police report number, if your gonna claim.. this is assuming u have full coverage..

Someone²
14-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Yes you contact your insurance, and they will ask you to provide details of the other party. You do this and they do all the hard work for you. (contacting the other insurance and getting the money)

Details - Car Registration/Plates/Police Report Number, Drivers Details - License Number

trism
15-06-2008, 04:37 PM
if you are going straight, and a car is turning, then you have right of way. he hit you then he is at fault.

therefore, even if you dont have full comprehensive insurance, you have nothing to worry about coz its his 3rd party that will pay for it

sPoOnD_
16-06-2008, 08:40 PM
my brother had the same situation like a few days ago..driving straight and someone didnt giveway..ran right into him n the car is written off now..

went to do:
police report
called insurer
gave smash repairs details
and they get back to u n see what their gona do with the car

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg187/jdm_kebsta/ABCD0011.jpg

anhie
19-06-2008, 04:15 PM
just an update
its a write off... damn. didnt think it was that bad. luckily they pay agree value not market value. how come market value drop so much in a space of a year, if not less. i brought my honda civic coupe vti for 11k and agree value was 11700 but the market value now is less than 8k.
damn and i just paid rego and brought new tyres. gayness
anyway thanks for the help.
guess gonna start looking for another car. kinda found one but it just sold. the blue crx. gezzz...

anh

anhie
28-06-2008, 04:08 PM
hi

just had another accident. travelling down barkly st bradbrook some old guy drove out of parking and hit me.
anyway the tow truck took the car away. he said if the other person at fault and has insurance he can repair it and provide me with car rental until the car is fix. how come the insurance doesnt mention that.

he also said aami is not a good insurance company. who are you guys with and how are they. he said they get the cheapest quote and fix it.

anh

trism
28-06-2008, 04:19 PM
anoher accident?

jeez badluck..

what car were you in?

anhie
28-06-2008, 04:49 PM
i just purchase a crx del sol. on my way to get road worthy.

phil3842
28-06-2008, 05:01 PM
hi

just had another accident. travelling down barkly st bradbrook some old guy drove out of parking and hit me.
anyway the tow truck took the car away. he said if the other person at fault and has insurance he can repair it and provide me with car rental until the car is fix. how come the insurance doesnt mention that.

he also said aami is not a good insurance company. who are you guys with and how are they. he said they get the cheapest quote and fix it.

anh

so unlucky 2 accidents. hope they cough up for your del sol.i am insuared with racv and theyre very good never had any probs reasonably cheap, but then i never had a crash either. if you plan on modifying your car go to just car

anhie
30-06-2008, 04:36 PM
yea... very unlucky. the estimate damage is 3.5k. gonna take 1-2 weeks to repair, didnt go through my insur but the tow gonna do it all and provide a rental car until the car back on the road. so all good.
just curious how come the insurance doesnt offer this service unless you pay extra on ur premium.

cymax
30-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Hey bro, think you are pretty fated to take a rest on the road. :P

I assume that they give you services base on how much you pay for your insurance. Well, how much you pay is how much you get.

Someone²
30-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Insurance companies want to give you as little as they can while making you spend as much as they can make you spend. Having lots of things as optional extras means they can make the original quote cheap which gets your interest, then you option up your insurance which is what gets them more money.
Lots of research is needed before you decide on your insurance for this reason.
Hard luck tho eh? 2 accidents in such a short space of time.
SUX2BU MUCH?

anhie
30-06-2008, 08:31 PM
did i mention i wrote off my gf parent rav4 too... so yeh all in less than a year. its not my fault they seem to find me.
the tow yard offer the car rental for free of charge. they said they will pass the expense to the other insur comp.
i pay about 180 for comp each month so that roughly 1800 each year. but im turning 25 this year so it should be cheaper and dont have to pay the extra excess. yay

anh

cymax
01-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Hey Anhie, have you consider to go for advance driving course? Tell the instructor that you might need to brush up road situation awareness on the road. :P