PDA

View Full Version : Wheel size for DC5S?

SiR CRX
14-06-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm getting a DC5S in a couple of weeks and want to get some wheels straight away. I have always loved the look of the Ings DC5 and want a similar look for mine. I had a browse on the Ings website and it had the specs of all their cars. The site said the Integra is running VOLK Racing GT-V's in 19x8.5 +40 offset. The problem is that I can't find this offset in the 19x8.5 size anywhere. Maybe they were a custom jobbie but something tells me these aren't 19 inch rims. Maybe a few of you could take a stab on what size these are and also what offset. I am also considering getting some dish happening after checking out some of the DC5's in the picture thread. If you were to go with some wide wheels, what offset and size would you get?

http://www.ings-net.com/english/products/n-spec/dc5-02/zoom/imgs/01.jpg

http://www.ings-net.com/english/products/n-spec/dc5-02/zoom/imgs/02.jpg

Tegzieboi_BAR
15-06-2008, 03:05 AM
they look like 19s 2 me... dc5 r pretty chubby lookin cars with big guards so anything below 18" looks pretty small.

Ive actually got my mind set on a DC5R early 2009 n hav been lookin round 4 some rims 2 suit that. Id prolly go 18"s... siply for the performance factor... dont think ud wana go bigger... but if u check out some show DC5s they usually have 19s or even 20s on them.

Dish makes rims look smaller so ud hav 2 go 19s at least (if ur goin 4 looks).

Hard 2 say from that pic but the rims look like 19's 2 me, wouldnt b surprised if the offset is custom. i rekon ur prolly better off gettin 18/19x8 anyway... if they come that size.

Goodluck man, if ur car turns out anythin like the 1 in the pic... DAMMMN!

Chi
15-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Remember the JDM DC5R is running +60 standard wheels which the INGs website car is based upon.

Which means the hubs sit out more.

Stock AUDM is +45 and running +40 wheels will only sit a tad bit out more, considering the size and width of the wheels you may need a more agressive offset.

So in theory should be running like +30 or even +28 offset so that the wheels dont hit the suspension or rub against the chasis.

SiR CRX
15-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks guys, very helpful comments. So if I wanted a bit more dish I should drop the offset below +28? Sorry, I find offsets a bit confusing :D

dc4t
18-06-2008, 12:43 AM
no he's saying not to go lower than a +28 offset. and with wheel size don't get bigger than 18. u could pull off 17's as long as they are wide enough.

kongfu
19-06-2008, 09:58 AM
17inch +43 is the best for DC5R

Chi
19-06-2008, 01:15 PM
No its not.

I had that set up and if you want to lower with camber the inner tyres or wheel rubs or hits the chasis / suspension.

+35 to +38 is decent for DC5R.

maracer
20-06-2008, 09:15 PM
this link says the rims are, RAYS / VOLK RACING GT-V [ F 19 X 8.5J +40 R 19 X 8.5J +40 ]

http://www.ings-net.com/usa/products/n-spec/dc5-02/index.html

Chi
22-06-2008, 12:27 AM
If you looked carefully they are using the JDM hub set up which is +60 , so that set up is like running +26 or so on out +45 hub.

dc4t
22-06-2008, 07:30 AM
18's for the performance factor?? hahah

mugsee
22-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Stock AUDM is +45 and running +40 wheels will only sit a tad bit out more, considering the size and width of the wheels you may need a more agressive offset.

Just to clear any confusion (in case there is any) I think Chi is trying to say that the AUDM setup with a +40 rim will sit further inside the guards when compared to a JDM setup with a +40 rim. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, very helpful comments. So if I wanted a bit more dish I should drop the offset below +28? Sorry, I find offsets a bit confusing :D

If wanted a bit more dish, go for a lower offset rim. The amount of dish that a rim gives is generally proportional to the size and offset of the rim.

FYI, a 8.5" +37 offset rim will just clear the rear guards with a light fender roll and -2.5degrees camber. With a slightly more aggressive roll, you should be able to fit a 8.5" +30 rim with the same camber.

What makes you say that this is the best for a DC5R?

chargeR
23-06-2008, 01:31 PM

Best in what way? Best if you want to run tiny tyres? Best if you want your rims to be sunken into the guards if you lower your car? best if you like your rims to have a super flat faced look? You must qualify your statements.

FYI, a 8.5" +37 offset rim will just clear the rear guards with a light fender roll and -2.5degrees camber. With a slightly more aggressive roll, you should be able to fit a 8.5" +30 rim with the same camber.

This is with a 235/45 tyre by the way on a car that is pretty low at the back. No gap between guard and tyre when the car is viewed from the side.

SiR CRX
26-06-2008, 03:16 AM
Thanks guys.

This RSX is running 18x10 in the rear with a +30 offset and 18x9 in the front with a +12 offset and 245/40/18 tyres. Apparently it doesn't rub with the rolled guards. Is this possible on an AUDM Integra or do we run different offsets to guys in the states?

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3603/69865804by5.jpg

kongfu
26-06-2008, 03:43 AM
Just to clear any confusion (in case there is any) I think Chi is trying to say that the AUDM setup with a +40 rim will sit further inside the guards when compared to a JDM setup with a +40 rim. :thumbsup:

If wanted a bit more dish, go for a lower offset rim. The amount of dish that a rim gives is generally proportional to the size and offset of the rim.

What makes you say that this is the best for a DC5R?

+43 will clear SPOON, BREMBO without any issues.

Temp, air23box running this offset. Thats the fact.:thumbsup:

kongfu
26-06-2008, 03:44 AM
Best in what way? Best if you want to run tiny tyres? Best if you want your rims to be sunken into the guards if you lower your car? best if you like your rims to have a super flat faced look? You must qualify your statements.

Best for daily! Best for track! Best for Clearing Spoon and Brembo calipers!

Statement completes!:thumbsup:

Chi
26-06-2008, 09:25 AM

+43 will not clear spoon calipers , at least not the majority of rims.

You will need +38 or less to have a chance to clear.

+43 with wider rims is not good either for daily especially if you want to full lock turn as it will sit in too much and scrub the chasis.
If you get wider rims it is wise to get more aggressive offset to clear the strut housing more easily.

Brembos will have no chance of clearing with +43 on AUDM hubs, I got teh JDM hubs with CE28's +43 wheels ( in theory +28 on AUDM hubs ) and it clears it by a finger.

So unless you can justify your state with proper reason to why it is the best, I dont see your statement being valid.

chargeR
26-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks guys.

This RSX is running 18x10 in the rear with a +30 offset and 18x9 in the front with a +12 offset and 245/40/18 tyres. Apparently it doesn't rub with the rolled guards. Is this possible on an AUDM Integra or do we run different offsets to guys in the states?

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3603/69865804by5.jpg

Yes this is possible on an AUDM Integra as the suspension on our cars is functionally identical to that of the RSX. If you are willing to play around with camber adjustment front and rear, and change tyre sizes to get it to fit you can get widths and offsets like that to fit. However wheels setups like that are a terrible idea for performance. Wider in the rear of a fwd and not very large tyres is weaksauce. If you run a more conservative offset and alignment you will be able to fit 245 tyres at all four corners, unless you are particularly after the dished look of those wide low offset wheels.

+43 will clear SPOON, BREMBO without any issues.

Temp, air23box running this offset. Thats the fact.:thumbsup:

air23box runs the full jdm suspension so his offset is not really applicable to an AUDM car, and word on the street is that TeMp wants to change rims to a lower offset.

Also rims with +43 offset tend have pretty poor brake clearance, I witnessed a rim of this offset not clear a large caliper on the front of an AUDM DC5 whereas a +29 offset of the same rim cleared easily. You cannot arbitrarily claim that a certain offset is perfect especially desregarding width, for example a 17x8 +43 will only just clear the front suspension on my car, due to some peculiarities in my suspension setup, and a 17x8.5 +43 will not clear so +43 is hardly the ideal offset for me if I wish to use a rim decently wide.

mugsee
26-06-2008, 11:22 AM
TypeSSyndrome must either not drive his car very fast or he must have ultra stiff spring rates if he drives on that as a daily. On anything short of race-spec stiff springs, his guards would be munched through normal driving. Make sure you take this into consideration before you shove massive wheels on your ride and before you try and slam it :)

Best for daily! Best for track! Best for Clearing Spoon and Brembo calipers! Statement completes!

Why is it best for a daily? Why is it best for the track? Why is it the best for clearing Spoon and Brembo calipers? Your comments are complete, but completely useless without logical justification.

Humor us with why you think +43 is the best offset.

SiR CRX
26-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Yes this is possible on an AUDM Integra as the suspension on our cars is functionally identical to that of the RSX. If you are willing to play around with camber adjustment front and rear, and change tyre sizes to get it to fit you can get widths and offsets like that to fit. However wheels setups like that are a terrible idea for performance. Wider in the rear of a fwd and not very large tyres is weaksauce. If you run a more conservative offset and alignment you will be able to fit 245 tyres at all four corners, unless you are particularly after the dished look of those wide low offset wheels.

Thanks again.

So say I bought some wheels and tyres in exactly the same size and offset as the car above. It would fit exactly the same? I'm not saying im going to do this but just curious.

TeMp
27-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Haha As soon as I saw this thread I knew you guys will be on it like a rash.

But yes it is true +43 is weak sauce for DC5 (AUDM) in both looks and performance wise.

Look wise +43 does not make the rim fill out the guards and with a kit the affect is even worst as the kit makes the guards even more aggressive and the rim even more sunken in (then add in camber...................).

Performance wise, atm I am running -2.6 front camber and sadly it scrubs (on full lock) and the specs of my rim is already relatively conservative 17"/7.5 +43.

Chi - I know someone who cleared brembos with +46 work cr 17" rim. I take it that the clearing needed for the spoon and jdm brembos are very similar?

In terms of rims and brakes clearance it not only depends on rim offset and width but also the spoke design of the actual rim.

Personally I wouldn't go any thing higher then +35 for DC5...

Chi
27-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Chi - I know someone who cleared brembos with +46 work cr 17" rim. I take it that the clearing needed for the spoon and jdm brembos are very similar?

Is this the guy with the project mu rotors?

I'm sure he did the hub conversion as well hence +46 on a +60 hub is like running +31 i think.

If not I did say the majority of rims not all.

mugsee
27-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks again.

So say I bought some wheels and tyres in exactly the same size and offset as the car above. It would fit exactly the same? I'm not saying im going to do this but just curious.

They will fit the same, provided you have the same accompanying modifications - coilovers, spring rates, camber arms, rolled fenders, etc.

In terms of rims and brakes clearance it not only depends on rim offset and width but also the spoke design of the actual rim.

JDM rims are +60 and they clear stock JDM DC5R brembos, so something with a +46 should have a more clearance, assuming the rim design permits. Spoon calipers are much chunkier to the JDM OEMS and require higher offset rims when trying to clear them. However like you pointed out, rim design is equally a determining factor when deciding what will clear and what will not.

Something cool to note is that 16x7 +35 Spoon SW338's will clear Spoon S2000 calipers. Tres cool.

Personally I wouldn't go any thing higher then +35 for DC5...

According to Kong Fu, this is not the best offset and you should keep your +43's...

TeMp
27-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Is this the guy with the project mu rotors?

I'm sure he did the hub conversion as well hence +46 on a +60 hub is like running +31 i think.

If not I did say the majority of rims not all.

Argh.. you are right. He did do the conversation. Forgot about that.

Something cool to note is that 16x7 +35 Spoon SW338's will clear Spoon S2000 calipers. Tres cool.

I'm sorry but that seriously can't beat the dude in Brissy fitting his Endless compact 6 pot in his 16" Enkei Tarmac rims no matter the offset and width! (As I can't quite remember them lol but they were by no means conservative specs)

Chi
27-06-2008, 08:56 PM
U suck vin lol.

Still waiting for Kongfu to reply why he thinks +43 is the bestest offset.

kongfu
27-06-2008, 11:21 PM
U suck vin lol.

Still waiting for Kongfu to reply why he thinks +43 is the bestest offset.

You are bloody King of HONDA!Master of Honda tuning scene:honda: Fair enough?

I forgot my ex JDM DC5R Brembo set up with JDM LCA when I sold to RDC5.

:D +43 offset would be good with JDM LCA.

chargeR
27-06-2008, 11:26 PM
:D +43 offset would be good with JDM LCA.

So +43 is still the perfect offset for a DC5 with JDM lower control arm and brake conversion irrespective of width or intended purpose of the car?

Chi
27-06-2008, 11:28 PM
You are bloody King of HONDA!Master of Honda tuning scene Fair enough?

I forgot my ex JDM DC5R Brembo set up with JDM LCA when I sold to RDC5.

+43 offset would be good with JDM LCA.

I never said I was the King of Honda tuning, I just wanted a reason why you think they are the best offsets? Is it that hard to answer?

And what has the JDM LCA got to do with the Offset?

It doesnt affect the offset if you change JDM LCA.

But why are you talking about +43 suiting the JDM brembo now ?, not everyone has jdm Brembo set up.

No point talking about +43 offset here when the topic starter has a AUDM DCR hub set up.

And you still havent given a reason to why +43 is the best,

Does it make the car handle better, does it turn better, does it make the wheels spin faster?

Once again you have made a statement without backing it up with a reason.

kongfu
27-06-2008, 11:40 PM
I never said I was the King of Honda tuning, I just wanted a reason why you think they are the best offsets? Is it that hard to answer?

And what has the JDM LCA got to do with the Offset?

It doesnt affect the offset if you change JDM LCA.

But why are you talking about +43 suiting the JDM brembo now ?, not everyone has jdm Brembo set up.

No point talking about +43 offset here when the topic starter has a AUDM DCR hub set up.

And you still havent given a reason to why +43 is the best,

Does it make the car handle better, does it turn better, does it make the wheels spin faster?

Once again you have made a statement without backing it up with a reason.

There is no end to discuss with you. basically I just said 17inch +43 is the best for DC5R setup. The most popular offset for DC5R is +43 and +50 in Japan and USA. Believe or not up 2 you. BTW Im not as free as you in front of computer all the times.

Each of us give our own opinions. Its meaningless to judge each other. Thread starter will decide which offset he will go for or he is comfortable with.

kongfu
27-06-2008, 11:45 PM
No its not.

I had that set up and if you want to lower with camber the inner tyres or wheel rubs or hits the chasis / suspension.

+35 to +38 is decent for DC5R.

If you think +35 to +38 is decent for DC5R, then its decent:thumbsup:

No need to judge other people around:thumbdwn:

Chi
27-06-2008, 11:45 PM
There is no end to discuss with you. basically I just said 17inch +43 is the best for DC5R setup. The most popular offset for DC5R is +43 and +50 in Japan and USA. Believe or not up 2 you. BTW Im not as free as you in front of computer all the times.

Each of us give our own opinions. Its meaningless to judge each other. Thread starter will decide which offset he will go for or he is comfortable with.

You cant just say 17", there is different widths too.

Are you saying all width size is good in 17's & +43 offset?

Why would Americans use +50 if the wheels sit in more?

Please explain? with a bigger and wider wheel, and an offset that sits in more, it will easily scrub the chasis or strut surrounding area.

Im not judging, im just after a reason why you think its best to run +43 which you still can't provide.

All im seeing from you is just apparent quotes from other "guys" which you think is best.

You say you arent in front of your computer often but you have replied to all my posts pretty quickly.

kongfu
27-06-2008, 11:47 PM
When can you finish your crap?

+43 is what I've been using as well as my mate. Lowered, got negative camber.

I have no interested to communicate with you. You can write whatever you like after this one.

Chi
28-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Its not crap, It's a legitamite question.

How hard is it for you to answer it properly?

Can you even say what size wheels you ran with your great "+43" offset set up.

And what camber you ran?

Did you track your car?

Was it daily driven?

I'm still trying to find the reason behind you stating +43 being the best offset.

alvin_R
28-06-2008, 12:05 AM
so Chi, im just wondering hav u or r u driving the DC5R atm??

hui
28-06-2008, 12:06 AM
There is no end to discuss with you. basically I just said 17inch +43 is the best for DC5R setup. The most popular offset for DC5R is +43 and +50 in Japan and USA. Believe or not up 2 you.

i agree...

Chi
28-06-2008, 12:09 AM

Whats a DC5R?

chargeR
28-06-2008, 12:10 AM

Have you in the past or are you speaking English, the language which is common on this forum?

i agree...

Do you have a more reasoned opinion than kongfu? We only wish that kongfu would give a reason why +43 offset is best when there is evidence to the contrary.

Chi
28-06-2008, 12:11 AM
i agree...

Do you have a reason to agree with it?

Or are you just agreeing because you have no idea like kongfu as well.

alvin_R
28-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Whats a DC5R?

Honda Integra DC5 Type R(DC5R)
The Honda Integra DC5 Type R is a limited edition very high performance model. The special colour scheme of Championship White with Red Recaro Seats and Red Decals commemorates the first time Grand Prix F-1 Championship using the HONDA racing engine in 1965. The latest Honda Integra Type R is powered by a 2.0-litre DOHC I-VTEC K20A engine developed specifically for excellent intake and exhaust efficiency with a maximum power output of 220PS this is coupled with a new close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission.

Chi
28-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Honda Integra DC5 Type R(DC5R)
The Honda Integra DC5 Type R is a limited edition very high performance model. The special colour scheme of Championship White with Red Recaro Seats and Red Decals commemorates the first time Grand Prix F-1 Championship using the HONDA racing engine in 1965. The latest Honda Integra Type R is powered by a 2.0-litre DOHC I-VTEC K20A engine developed specifically for excellent intake and exhaust efficiency with a maximum power output of 220PS this is coupled with a new close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission.

You seriously wouldn't know sarcasm if it poke you up the butt would you? lol

You definately must be related to Kongfu.

alvin_R
28-06-2008, 12:21 AM
[QUOTE=chargeR;1779989]Have you or are you speaking English, the language which is common on this forum?

im sorry, my mum didnt taught me english......:thumbsup:

hui
28-06-2008, 12:23 AM
whatever you guys think is best, is best o.k.

not gonna sit here and argue.

Chi
28-06-2008, 12:28 AM

No one is arguing, I've asked a very simple question .

Which was an explanation to why you agree that offset if good?

Don't tell me you can't answer that as well.

alvin_R
28-06-2008, 12:30 AM
You seriously wouldn't know sarcasm if it poke you up the butt would you? lol

You definately must be related to Kongfu.

nono, i didnt mean it. i just read all those reply, and all you said were are sounds a professional or who been well know about the camber/offset or suspension setup for DC5. and that is why i am wondering you been drive or detail research for this car.cause, everyone here just want to know the correct suggestion for what they want and know. if you don't want to tell us that question, still fine, it is because its your privacy, and always respect.:thumbsup:

Chi
28-06-2008, 12:32 AM
nono, i didnt mean it. i just read all those reply, and all you said were are sounds a professional or who been well know about the camber/offset or suspension setup for DC5. and that is why i am wondering you been drive or detail research for this car.cause, everyone here just want to know the correct suggestion for what they want and know. if you don't want to tell us that question, still fine, it is because its your privacy, and always respect.:thumbsup:

Lets say I've had first hand experience with both the AUDM DC5R and JDM DC5R suspension set up.

chargeR
28-06-2008, 12:38 AM
im sorry, my mum didnt taught me english......:thumbsup:

I did not mean to cause offence but it would be best if you tried to phrase your posts so that they were a little more intelligible :).

I don't believe anyone is arguing with anyone. I believe an argument requires one person to put forward a statement with reasoning and another person to attempt to prove that the first person is incorrect using more evidence and reasoning. Kongfu has not put forward any worthwhile reason why +43 is always the best offset for any dc5 in the whole wide world :p.

SiR CRX
28-06-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm not sure why Kongfu can't answer either...

It's like me saying "my suspension is far better than your suspension" without giving any reason as to why. Surely, if someone has that opinion they have it for a reason and can easily type it when asked.

kongfu
29-06-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm not sure why Kongfu can't answer either...

It's like me saying "my suspension is far better than your suspension" without giving any reason as to why. Surely, if someone has that opinion they have it for a reason and can easily type it when asked.

I dont wanna waste my time to argue about this stupid question anymore.

Check out JDMYARD, MAX HONDAPOWER..wheels offset for DC5 either +43 or +42.

You buy whatever you like or comfortable with. People reply your question actually just give you an idea. In the end of the day, its your choice.:thumbsup:

Chi
29-06-2008, 12:34 AM
I dont understand what checking JDYARD and MAX HONDAPOWER has anything to do with your statement.

Doesnt explain why you think its the best offset.

You say you dont want to waste time arguing but you keep coming back to reply.

Seriously how hard is it to reply with a reason why you think its logically better.

Your idea has been all crap without proper reason to back them up.

05dc5S
29-06-2008, 12:59 AM
anything higher than +30 on a 7.5 inch wide rim is weaksauce.
anything higher than +35 on a 8.0 inch wide rim is weaksauce.
anything higher than +40 on a 8.5 inch wide rim is weaksauce.

if you your rims are sticking out about 20-25mm further out than stock and you have atleast -2 camber then your wheel/sussy setup won't be considered weaksauce.

that is all :)

Chi
29-06-2008, 01:03 AM
So you are saying the offset that kongfu thinks is the best for track, best for daily, best for everything, is weak sauce?

05dc5S
29-06-2008, 01:09 AM
^yes +43 offset is weak sauce (for an AUDM DC5 standard brake/sussy setup)

kongfu
29-06-2008, 03:50 AM
I dont understand what checking JDYARD and MAX HONDAPOWER has anything to do with your statement.

Doesnt explain why you think its the best offset.

You say you dont want to waste time arguing but you keep coming back to reply.

Seriously how hard is it to reply with a reason why you think its logically better.

Your idea has been all crap without proper reason to back them up.

The more you speak, the more you look like a woman. Full of shit!:wave:

Chi
29-06-2008, 09:08 AM
The more you speak, the more you look like a woman. Full of shit!:wave:

That still doesn't answer the question why you think +43 is the best.

Which I have asked you to answer numerous times.

You fail at reading and life.

K20A DC5
29-06-2008, 01:39 PM
jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezuz

If every one stopped trying to be so right, you guys might be able to give out some good knowledge, its obvious yous know shitloads about it

now

a question

Lookin at 19x8.5 for a DC5
the offsets the rim comes in is +35.

will use Coilovers for a big height drop, at least 3 inches...and a rear camber kit to square it up.

How wil this offset go?

I want maximum guard fill, and only want a max of 1.5-2 deg camber in the rear to help clearnace..thats a maximum

The wheels are koya inox magic..

ps looksy here

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

AUSDM specs of 16x7 @ +45 offset leads to this

19x8.5 @+35
-Inner clearance 9mm less
-Outer position extends an extra 29mm

Is this gonna work or will the offset need to be lower?
Ill be using coilovers too, so i should have more room on the inside as the shock clearance should be better.

kongfu
29-06-2008, 05:48 PM
That still doesn't answer the question why you think +43 is the best.

Which I have asked you to answer numerous times.

You fail at reading and life.

I dont wanna argue with a :thumbdwn: like you:p

05dc5S
29-06-2008, 07:39 PM
jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezuz

If every one stopped trying to be so right, you guys might be able to give out some good knowledge, its obvious yous know shitloads about it

now

a question

will use Coilovers for a big height drop, at least 3 inches...and a rear camber kit to square it up.

How wil this offset go?

I want maximum guard fill, and only want a max of 1.5-2 deg camber in the rear to help clearnace..thats a maximum

ps looksy here

AUSDM specs of 16x7 @ +45 offset leads to this

19x8.5 @+35
-Inner clearance 9mm less
-Outer position extends an extra 29mm

Ill be using coilovers too, so i should have more room on the inside as the shock clearance should be better.

that offset with -2 camber should be fine for inner clearance...

however on 19's slammed 3 inches im pretty sure it will rub...

what tyres are you getting? the wider the the tyre and higher the profile the higher your chances of rubbing

Chi
29-06-2008, 09:58 PM
I dont wanna argue with a :thumbdwn: like you:p

You think its arguing?

Im asking for your reason for why you think that offset is the best.

Yet you still cant answer it.

you dont want to argue but you keep coming back and replies.

And even if you wanted to argue you couldnt because you obviously fail to read what the question is.

kongfu
29-06-2008, 10:05 PM
You think its arguing?

Im asking for your reason for why you think that offset is the best.

Yet you still cant answer it.

you dont want to argue but you keep coming back and replies.

And even if you wanted to argue you couldnt because you obviously fail to read what the question is.

I was just give a personal opinion. Trust or not take my suggestion or not its really up2U!:wave:

I dont understand why you behave like a child. keep asking you never give reason never answer why blah blah:zip:

Chi
29-06-2008, 10:07 PM
You must have a reason for your opinion.

You cant just give a opinion based on crap now can we?

Obviously you have no idea why its good lol.

And if you bothered to read other peoples reply, they are also questioning why your opinion of the offset is good.

Which you still cannot answer.

chargeR
29-06-2008, 10:26 PM
that offset with -2 camber should be fine for inner clearance...

however on 19's slammed 3 inches im pretty sure it will rub...

what tyres are you getting? the wider the the tyre and higher the profile the higher your chances of rubbing

Will use coilovers for a big height drop, at least 3 inches...and a rear camber kit to square it up.

How will this offset go?

ps looksy here

I agree with 05dc5S you should be fine for inner clearance front and rear. Might rub a little on the inner guard/chassis at full lock if you are dumped.

As for alignment if you roll your guards at the rear you should be able to get away with not much more than -1 camber. Front I would go for 2 degrees negative. If you are super afraid of camber you could go for a 225 tyre which will make it much easier to fit. The wheels sound like they will fit well just buy them and then make the necessary adjustments (camber, guards) to make them fit :thumbsup:.

kongfu
29-06-2008, 10:53 PM
You must have a reason for your opinion.

You cant just give a opinion based on crap now can we?

Obviously you have no idea why its good lol.

And if you bothered to read other peoples reply, they are also questioning why your opinion of the offset is good.

Which you still cannot answer.

I already said millions times I've personally used and tried. +43 offset is from my own observation.

You must got reading incapability.:( Feel sorry for you:eek:

EKVTIR-T
29-06-2008, 11:03 PM
I already said millions times I've personally used and tried. +43 offset is from my own observation.

You must got reading incapability.:( Feel sorry for you:eek:

Ok so what did you observe?

What did you like about that setup? Improvement?

kongfu
29-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Ok so what did you observe?

What did you like about that setup? Improvement?

I upgraded OEM 16 to 17x7.5 +43 offset CE28N.. with JDM front end BREMBO BRAKE CONVERSION.

I think there are about 30mm gap between CE28N spoke and brembo calipers.

I feel the car is completely a different car. Camber setting is negative 2.5.:wave:

mugsee
30-06-2008, 02:44 PM
I upgraded OEM 16 to 17x7.5 +43 offset CE28N.. with JDM front end BREMBO BRAKE CONVERSION.

I feel the car is completely a different car. Camber setting is negative 2.5.:wave:

Is your opinion of "+43 is the best offset" based upon the fact that you've previously run that setup before, which is why you think it is the best, or is there some kind of supporting evidence that your hiding from us?

kongfu
30-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Is your opinion of "+43 is the best offset" based upon the fact that you've previously run that setup before, which is why you think it is the best, or is there some kind of supporting evidence that your hiding from us?

you think whatever is the best then its the best. No need to dicuss anymore.

Chi
30-06-2008, 07:06 PM

Ok now I know you are full of crap for sure.

Why? , because I have this exact setup and I can tell you there is no way it is 30mm clearance from the caliper to the spokes.

SiReal
30-06-2008, 08:13 PM
quit it lads... peace yooo

kongfu
30-06-2008, 08:13 PM
quit it lads... peace yooo

Time to close this thread Jeff.

SiReal
30-06-2008, 08:14 PM
i would much love to but i dont have mod rights...

just take it easy guys.. its over offset and rims, no need to take cars/mods so seriously to name call/offend ppl . :)

bennjamin
30-06-2008, 08:21 PM
closed/.