PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers

trentski
15-06-2008, 01:21 PM
hi guys as the title suggests i am looking for coilovers for my delsol CRX and i looked on ebay and found these they seem to have heaps of adjustment and sound like a solid build, do you think these would be a good shock or should i not worry about this brand and go for tein or HKS something i have actually heard of. i just dont have the money to buy the more expensive brands at the moment so i thought these would do just as good of a job as the dearer ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=360060185339

EG3B16
15-06-2008, 01:25 PM
dude I think this topic has been covered before.

Might want to do a quick search.

dsp26
15-06-2008, 01:39 PM
has been covered a few times... D2s are fine for nothing track hardcore.. ie street, twisties, etc...

bennjamin
15-06-2008, 01:49 PM
yup if you just want to lower your car and adjust it abit , then get them.
But dont expect your car to handle better or ride comfort to be OK.

teh_mechanic
15-06-2008, 03:10 PM
they are the shopping cart spec of coilovers pretty much.
but they are still coilovers

aaronng
15-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Still better than chopped/compressed/superlow king springs on stock shocks!

phil3842
15-06-2008, 07:05 PM
except buying through ebay you get no warranty. this was copied straight off there website

Q: How long is the warranty and what is not covered in the warranty?

A: Warranty is 1 year limited liability on the monotube. All other parts are serviceable and rebuild able in Australia . Spare parts sold separately.

This warranty does not apply to any defects caused by negligence, misuse, accidents, acts of God, commercial use, and modification to any part of the D2 Product. This warranty does not apply to improper operation or maintenance, or attempted repair by anyone other than a facility authorized by manufacturer to service the D2 Product. This warranty is invalid if the factory applied serial number has been altered or removed from the D2 Product. This warranty does not apply to D2 Products after the first purchase. Units purchased second hand on trading web sites (like eBay) are NOT covered by this warranty. Such products are subsequently sold "as is" or "with all faults." We reserve the right to make changes or improvements in our products without incurring any obligation to similarly alter products previously purchased.

trentski
15-06-2008, 08:50 PM
ok guys cheers for the info, i wont be going ahead with these i figure if i am gonna pay that much for half assed ones might aswell pay that bit more and get the real deal. gonna call HKS tomorrow and see what they can do for me, looks like they do three different level of coilovers.

Limbo
16-06-2008, 10:07 AM
ooo acts of god.... sounds like my car problems :)

VTECMACHINE
16-06-2008, 10:49 AM
ok guys cheers for the info, i wont be going ahead with these i figure if i am gonna pay that much for half assed ones might aswell pay that bit more and get the real deal. gonna call HKS tomorrow and see what they can do for me, looks like they do three different level of coilovers.

Have a look on www.perfectrun.com.au.

Coilover are heaps cheap there!

trentski
16-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Thanks mate, that website is very useful.

VTECMACHINE
16-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks mate, that website is very useful.

That's alright man.

trentski
16-06-2008, 06:57 PM
i can get tein for just over 1000 dollars, me thinks they could be on order soonish lol.

phil3842
16-06-2008, 07:11 PM
i can get tein for just over 1000 dollars, me thinks they could be on order soonish lol.

is there a catch buying them for that cheap

trentski
16-06-2008, 08:27 PM
nope does not look like it, i gues there just selling at very competative prices.