PDA

View Full Version : window switch and headlight

petsfact
15-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Anyone experience dimming headlight problem when using window at the same time? Is that a normal condition because of the electricity being drawn or just my car?

and for the clutch, anyone try reversing on a slope and get that loud grinding noise from the clutch? i believe i ride the clutch a bit when i try to reverse into a parking spot on a steep slope but my clutch scream like a biaatch, it also grind when i just about to take off from a stand still in first gear, usually only happen in the first few minutes after i start the car up.

tony1234
15-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Anyone experience dimming headlight problem when using window at the same time? Is that a normal condition because of the electricity being drawn or just my car?

and for the clutch, anyone try reversing on a slope and get that loud grinding noise from the clutch? i believe i ride the clutch a bit when i try to reverse into a parking spot on a steep slope but my clutch scream like a biaatch, it also grind when i just about to take off from a stand still in first gear, usually only happen in the first few minutes after i start the car up.
Q.1.sounds like your battery is on the way out.How old is your battery?
Q.2.sounds like your clutch release bearing is on the way out as well!Is the noise when you release the clutch pedal?Does it still make the noise when clutch pedal is fully released?

xiang
15-06-2008, 07:59 PM
ohhh so it's my battery..
my car does the same thing when you wind up the window.

yeah, ive had many flat batteries over the past years.

yfin
15-06-2008, 08:22 PM
the light dim is normal

EUR003act
15-06-2008, 08:55 PM
window winders can draw up to 15amp per window... thats 60amps if doing all 4 windows at once... even 15amp draw is more than enought to create voltage drop on a 28amp/hr battery with headlights on...

Bo0o0ost
16-06-2008, 12:08 AM
window winders can draw up to 15amp per window... thats 60amps if doing all 4 windows at once... even 15amp draw is more than enought to create voltage drop on a 28amp/hr battery with headlights on...

Spot on

tron07
16-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Do you have amps in the car?

power_of_dreams
16-06-2008, 04:34 PM
my headlights dim only when I start the engine :)

petsfact
18-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Q.1.sounds like your battery is on the way out.How old is your battery?
Q.2.sounds like your clutch release bearing is on the way out as well!Is the noise when you release the clutch pedal?Does it still make the noise when clutch pedal is fully released?

The noise is there when i halfway release the clutch, i.e. when the clutch just bite. Noise is not there when clutch pedal is fully released.